The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Small horse

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Nick Wilde ranch
Visit My Farm

Small horse

Post by Nick Wilde ranch »

I had a small mare . I bred her with a normal size stallion and i got a mare that, at adult Age , is smaller than the mother . Will her foal became a normal size or i am stuck with tiny horses?
Sognatore
Visit My Farm

Re: Small horse

Post by Sognatore »

You won't be stuck with tiny horses :)
Because the tiny mare is probably from generations for small horses she will have two of each gene that makes her small. So her foal, getting half the mother's genes, will still retain one of each gene that makes her small. Her small genes have won out over the normal stallions genes but because the normal genes are there when you cross her with another normal stallion the foal has a higher chance of getting two big horse genes (and removing the small genes) therefore making the foal normal in size.
Nick Wilde ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Nick Wilde ranch »

Sognatore wrote:You won't be stuck with tiny horses :)
Because the tiny mare is probably from generations for small horses she will have two of each gene that makes her small. So her foal, getting half the mother's genes, will still retain one of each gene that makes her small. Her small genes have won out over the normal stallions genes but because the normal genes are there when you cross her with another normal stallion the foal has a higher chance of getting two big horse genes (and removing the small genes) therefore making the foal normal in size.
Got It. So is all about dominant genes that breeder choose ? I mean Black+ Black= Black 2
Black 2 + White= Black 3. Black3 + White = White ?
Sognatore
Visit My Farm

Post by Sognatore »

Yep!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:12 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:12 pm