The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Temperament? Training tips?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
chelsea_08082
Visit My Farm

Temperament? Training tips?

Post by chelsea_08082 »

I was wondering since I joined what the temperament meant and the term and definitions of it. If my horse is Bombproof, what does that mean? Thanks :D

Also, I've read meany topics on training but none of them really make sense to me and I don't know how to train a horse to its max. Could anyone tell me tips? Thanks again :D

Thank you for helping! :)
KayaineII
Visit My Farm

Re: Temperament? Training tips?

Post by KayaineII »

http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =12&t=6285 This topic is the beginning of a training guide. If there's something you don't understand, you can ask me about it, and I will do my best to explain.

As for temperament, I see it as how your horse acts in the ring. Bombproof for instance basically would mean a bomb could go off and your horse wouldn't care. High strung on the other hand would be the opposite and your horse would take off at a moment's notice.

As far as I know, little is known about temperament and competition with the exception of high strung temperaments being better for racing and bombproof being better for log pull. I'm actually about to start testing the effects of temperament on competition scores.
chelsea_08082
Visit My Farm

Post by chelsea_08082 »

KayaineII wrote:http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =12&t=6285 This topic is the beginning of a training guide. If there's something you don't understand, you can ask me about it, and I will do my best to explain.

As for temperament, I see it as how your horse acts in the ring. Bombproof for instance basically would mean a bomb could go off and your horse wouldn't care. High strung on the other hand would be the opposite and your horse would take off at a moment's notice.

As far as I know, little is known about temperament and competition with the exception of high strung temperaments being better for racing and bombproof being better for log pull. I'm actually about to start testing the effects of temperament on competition scores.
Thank you :D
Xant’hippe
Visit My Farm

Post by Xant’hippe »

Is this a good list of temperaments?

Starting from least excitable:

Bombproof
Calm
Even-Tempered
Spirited
High Strung
chelsea_08082
Visit My Farm

Post by chelsea_08082 »

Xant’hippe wrote:Is this a good list of temperaments?

Starting from least excitable:

Bombproof
Calm
Even-Tempered
Spirited
High Strung
Thanks! :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:09 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:09 am