The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Mongolians

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Stick
Visit My Farm

Re: Mongolians

Post by Stick »

Hilayla wrote:She died earlier. :( I have one filly and a couple of colts. I'm working to breed more and I have several Tarpan X Przewalski crosses I'm. I get all fillies for those crosses but my mongols are mostly boys. I have one part Mongolian mare, I'm breeding like crazy in hopes of just getting more fillies but the COI might get high. I'm getting pretty desperate for girls too. :lol:
Aw, dang. These Mongol ladies are in such high demand. :lol: I did manage to grab one that I spotted in the market, but her COI% is higher than I'd like. She'll at least tide me over while I try to initially unlock Yakut.

I'd still love a low-to-no COI lady at some point down the road though, so hit me up if you do manage to breed an extra female later on. :D
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

redster wrote:
AltNazarach wrote:Mi Sè
Oho! I see you're breeding in other colors! That's pretty cool. I've been wanting to see things like that in the breeds that have colors outside of dun in real life. And the COI% is nice and low. ♥
There was a champagne stud in the market and I thought 'well, why not' a bit more diversitiy in color never hurts - and it isn't like it would be impossible in real live ^^
If you are interested I can put him up for stud :)
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

On another game, someone shared a PDF on conservation and rescue breeding. The PDF refers to sheep but I think it is applicable to any breed. It shows how to take a single ram and four ewes to create four distinct male lines. I think I"m going to try this with my Mongols (if I can get four fillies) but since I am not the only one struggling in this area, I thought I would share the link. Maybe it will help.

Rescue and Conservation Breeding PDF
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

Hilayla wrote:On another game, someone shared a PDF on conservation and rescue breeding. The PDF refers to sheep but I think it is applicable to any breed. It shows how to take a single ram and four ewes to create four distinct male lines. I think I"m going to try this with my Mongols (if I can get four fillies) but since I am not the only one struggling in this area, I thought I would share the link. Maybe it will help.

Rescue and Conservation Breeding PDF
This is actually really helpfull :D just, getting the four founding fillies would be my first problem as well ^^' many thanks for sharing
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

Well, I've managed to get some part Mongol fillies from crossing the colts. My Purebred Mongol filly is going to stay constantly bred. If I get two fillies from her, I think I'll sell the third though, to spread the love.
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Hilayla wrote:On another game, someone shared a PDF on conservation and rescue breeding. The PDF refers to sheep but I think it is applicable to any breed. It shows how to take a single ram and four ewes to create four distinct male lines. I think I"m going to try this with my Mongols (if I can get four fillies) but since I am not the only one struggling in this area, I thought I would share the link. Maybe it will help.
Oh yeah, this is great! This is similar to what I was aiming for with one of my breeding side-projects, but way more organized and makes much clearer sense. Thanks so much for sharing!
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

No problem, if we can manage to increase our own lines it leads to better horses (or at least more :D ) available for us all.
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

If anyone is still looking for a female Mongolian, I've got a spare! She's 4/5* and has one red stat, so I won't need her for my lines, but she should do fine for breed unlocking or adding a little extra blood to a line somewhere. :D

Lady Dusk

I have no idea what to ask for her, and would want to give a break to the folks on this thread anyway, so she's just up on the market for open offers, if anyone is interested.
~ss~
Visit My Farm

Post by ~ss~ »

yeah im half way andalus :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ill offer for some mongolian DNA
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

~ss~ wrote:yeah im half way andalus :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ill offer for some mongolian DNA
Great! Enjoy and good luck! :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:26 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:26 pm