The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

HIKA - HWO International Knabstrupper Association

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

HIKA - HWO International Knabstrupper Association

Post by Silverine »

First Note: I went back and forth between HWO International Knabstrupper Association (HIKA) or HWO Official Knabstrupper Association (HOKA). In the end I liked HIKA better than HOKA so I went with it. Opinions on other name options are welcome.
Welcome to the HIKA forum board! Basic information about HIKA, including what we are and how to register horses, can be found at our About HIKA doc located here. You can find players and horses currently registered with HIKA by clicking any of the above registry links.

The purpose of this board is to give Knabstrupper breeders a place to gather and communicate. The first post will display HIKA's "Horse of the Month" - a special spot featuring a horse from our registry, chosen at random. The second two posts will display lists of Knabstruppers for stud and sale. Anyone is welcome to post here - including non-members! The more the merrier! Feel free to post stud, sale, lease, or seeking ads or just stop to chat. I promise we don't bite! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Silverine on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: HIKA - HWO International Knabstrupper Association

Post by Silverine »

NEWS
2.1.2018 - HIKA Founded

2.8.2018 - Forum board created.

2.13.2018 - Offshoot Registry created!
3.11.2018 - Horse Index created to make horses easier to find. Can be searched by name or registration number to find out which registry a horse is in.

Horse of the Month

It's March, time for our first HotM! To be fair I used an RNG to determine which horse would be featured, and what did it spit out but "1"! That means this month we are featuring the very first Knabstrupper ever registered with HIKA -
¤ß¥Å¤ Beyond!

Beyond is a black, 97% Knabstrupper stallion with a long blanket pattern. He's a bit awkward to look at, and isn't stellar in the BR department, but every breed has to start somewhere. He proved to be a wonderful, typey sire and has thrown many registerable foals, and even one or two nice competitors.

He is available for stud for the month of March only! $2,500 per breeding.
Last edited by Silverine on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Knabstruppers For Sale
(We do not advertise horses that are for offers only. Any horse posted here must have an option to buy outright.)

Purebreds

None at the moment.

Mixes

¤ß¥Å¤ Thrusters

Part Knabstrupper X Budyonny [85%]
Grulla Snowcap
EE aa chch crcr Dd LpLp zz
(Black + 1xDun + 2xLp)
Price: $25,000 obo - Discount to anyone looking to get into Knabs!

Sandykit

Part Arabian X Knabstrupper [55%]
Sooty Palomino
ee ?? chch Crcr dd lplp
(Chestnut + 1xCream + Sooty)
Price: $90
Last edited by Silverine on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Knabstruppers For Stud

Purebreds

Leo The Great
Knabstrupper [100%]
COI: 17.86%
Smoky Brown Dun Snowflake
E? at? chch Crcr Dd ?? Lplp zz
Fee: $2,000

Avas the Great
Knabstrupper [100%]
COI: 17.86%
Smoky Brown
E? at? chch Crcr dd ?? lplp zz
Fee: $2,000

Mixes

Boreal Gunther
Mixed Knabstrupper [25%]
COI: 47.62%
Flaxen Chestnut Semi-Leopard
ee ?? chch crcr dd F? Lplp ??
Fee: $100

Ch. .Cc. Break It Down Again [25, 22, 42, 29][Y-stm]
Part Knabstrupper [87%]
COI: 5.51%
Buckskin Snowflake
E? A? chch Crcr dd ?? Lplp zz
Fee: $5,000
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

I suppose I should try to make this official, can I register as Breeder with the eventual goal of competition

So far, I have no particular color goal in mind (just Lp and non pony type), mostly breeding for competition goals.

I do have a sizable micro collection (new Inhanders fodder, yeah), which might be added to the inhand string...for future ability to haul down the size of any giants that might come about.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Baranduin Brewster wrote:I suppose I should try to make this official, can I register as Breeder with the eventual goal of competition

So far, I have no particular color goal in mind (just Lp and non pony type), mostly breeding for competition goals.

I do have a sizable micro collection (new Inhanders fodder, yeah), which might be added to the inhand string...for future ability to haul down the size of any giants that might come about.
Great, I've added you to the list! :D

I'm considering adding an "offshoot" registry for horses that are Knabstruppers by HWO percentage, but not by breed standards. That way there's room for weird things. :)
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Silverine wrote:
Baranduin Brewster wrote:I suppose I should try to make this official, can I register as Breeder with the eventual goal of competition

Great, I've added you to the list! :D

I'm considering adding an "offshoot" registry for horses that are Knabstruppers by HWO percentage, but not by breed standards. That way there's room for weird things. :)
That would be a good idea, that way if someone by chance needs a specific oddball trait, then they can easily find it.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Baranduin Brewster wrote: That would be a good idea, that way if someone by chance needs a specific oddball trait, then they can easily find it.
Yep! :) I'll work on setting up the doc and should have it up sometime tomorrow.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Offshoot Registry has been created, and the HIKA doc has been updated with its requirements. :)
Baranduin Brewster wrote: .
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Quite proud of my new editions to the show string...most likely not eligible of registration, but still eventable and progress is progress.

First Micro Knab
Jumbo
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:22 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:22 am