The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Morgan Breeding

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
aschaab
Visit My Farm

Morgan Breeding

Post by aschaab »

Where are my Morgan breeders at? I have a few nice mares and stallions. I would love to work on getting better quality. The best ones are in the 50's-60's GP...

*I do not have premium at the moment, because I went through a hard time in life and getting back on track.*
queenbassoon
Visit My Farm

Re: Morgan Breeding

Post by queenbassoon »

I don't have a Morgan but I do have a Morab. Though he's about 2 yrs rn
UnpredictableDragon
Visit My Farm

Post by UnpredictableDragon »

I have a few Morgans. My farm isn't as big as I would like it to be, but it is surely growing.
Last edited by UnpredictableDragon on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geronimo2016
Visit My Farm

Post by geronimo2016 »

Hello! I am pioneering my own Morgan and Morab lines but since I am still relatively new here, I'm unsure of what determines the official breed. I have bred an Arabian to a Morgan and resulted in not a Morab but an Arabian x Morgan cross. I've also bred an [Arab x Morgan] to a Morgan stud but the foal was [Part Morgan x Arab]. Any suggestions or clarification? Thanks!
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

I have a purebred Morgan stallion. I would like a fairly cheap purebred Morgan mare to breed my stallion with.
Wyoming Acres
Visit My Farm

Post by Wyoming Acres »

PeacefulOreo wrote:I have a purebred Morgan stallion. I would like a fairly cheap purebred Morgan mare to breed my stallion with.
I have a some lovely Morgan mares that I would part with.
Jockey's Holding
Visit My Farm

Post by Jockey's Holding »

geronimo2016 wrote:Hello! I am pioneering my own Morgan and Morab lines but since I am still relatively new here, I'm unsure of what determines the official breed. I have bred an Arabian to a Morgan and resulted in not a Morab but an Arabian x Morgan cross. I've also bred an [Arab x Morgan] to a Morgan stud but the foal was [Part Morgan x Arab]. Any suggestions or clarification? Thanks!
Sometimes the breed results, other times it doesn't. If you buy the evaluation books for the Morab, you can evaluate both your Arabian and Morgan to see if they fit within the Morab standard. The closer they fit to the Morab standard, the more likely a Morab will result from their breeding. Believe me, I know this struggle. I've been trying to breed a Hessian Warmblood from scratch for several months now without any success. I have some I bought some from another player, but I would still like to start my own line. Hope this helps! :D
"A racehorse is the only animal that can take several thousand people for a ride at the same time."
Jockey at No Surrender Acres, proud breeder of the Thoroughbred, Hanoverian, and Quarter Horse since 2018.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Wyoming Acres wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:I have a purebred Morgan stallion. I would like a fairly cheap purebred Morgan mare to breed my stallion with.
I have a some lovely Morgan mares that I would part with.
How much do they cost?
Wyoming Acres
Visit My Farm

Post by Wyoming Acres »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
Wyoming Acres wrote: I have a some lovely Morgan mares that I would part with.
How much do they cost?
Bought as a group (of around 50), I would sell them for $1 each to a committed breeder.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!! I'll have enough room for three right now.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 pm