Community Forum

new breeds

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Babydluv81
Visit My Farm

new breeds

Post by Babydluv81 »

I have taken the first steps to breeding out aeros and bali horses. What I need to know is... If my new foals when they drop are not the New Breed and are instead 50% of each, can I breed the 50% foals and still get a new breed? Being as they will still be 50/50 bloodlines
Hilayla
Visit My Farm

Re: new breeds

Post by Hilayla »

I'm interested in this as well, I'm new and working toward a breed as well and still learning about everything.
Geidim O'in
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Geidim O'in »

I'm new as well, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'm fairly sure that two of the same half breeds will only make another half breed with a slightly higher percentage towards one of the main breeds. It's just what I've seen so far and an assumption from seeing how many half breeds are involved in breed recipes.

Could be completely wrong but I'm pretty confident that you'll have a better chance following the breed wiki's recipes than using a failed mix breed.
LlamaLlama99
Visit My Farm

Post by LlamaLlama99 »

Babydluv81 wrote:I have taken the first steps to breeding out aeros and bali horses. What I need to know is... If my new foals when they drop are not the New Breed and are instead 50% of each, can I breed the 50% foals and still get a new breed? Being as they will still be 50/50 bloodlines
There will be a chance of getting a new breed. Evaluating a horse for the breed you want will see how big of a chance you have! So basically there is only a chance to get the new breed and when you don’t it’ll just be a cross! :D
Jasmine_Hanley
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Jasmine_Hanley »

LlamaLlama99 wrote:
Babydluv81 wrote:I have taken the first steps to breeding out aeros and bali horses. What I need to know is... If my new foals when they drop are not the New Breed and are instead 50% of each, can I breed the 50% foals and still get a new breed? Being as they will still be 50/50 bloodlines
There will be a chance of getting a new breed. Evaluating a horse for the breed you want will see how big of a chance you have! So basically there is only a chance to get the new breed and when you don’t it’ll just be a cross! :D
These “chances” are not very high. I was trying to breed a new breed, but my 5* mare would not produce any of that same breed I was trying to create. Not long after I saw a mare with 0/5 produce several foals of that breed. The book is not a great thing to base breeding off of, in my experience. I would just find a good producing pair and start breeding!
Babydluv81
Visit My Farm

Post by Babydluv81 »

Jasmine_Hanley wrote:
These “chances” are not very high. I was trying to breed a new breed, but my 5* mare would not produce any of that same breed I was trying to create. Not long after I saw a mare with 0/5 produce several foals of that breed. The book is not a great thing to base breeding off of, in my experience. I would just find a good producing pair and start breeding!
I've gotten the exmoor pony by accident. So far bred 5+/- final pairings and not gotten lucky yet.
Specializing in: Breed/Train Champ Competitors. Breed Konik, Aenos, Baladi, Shire.
Currently Breeding For: Konik, Pindos, More Aenos, More Shire, More Baladi, 1st Java, 1st Bali
Farm Log,My Farm
LlamaLlama99
Visit My Farm

Post by LlamaLlama99 »

Jasmine_Hanley wrote:
LlamaLlama99 wrote: There will be a chance of getting a new breed. Evaluating a horse for the breed you want will see how big of a chance you have! So basically there is only a chance to get the new breed and when you don’t it’ll just be a cross! :D
I haven’t produced from bad evaluators but have struggled with 5/5 evaluators before you just have to keep trying
Babydluv81
Visit My Farm

Post by Babydluv81 »

I have been working on it. I've bred back to a couple different studs but so far nothing positive yet. At least people don't seem to mind buying the half-breeds LOL. And I sold the exmoor pony that I accidentally bred out.
Specializing in: Breed/Train Champ Competitors. Breed Konik, Aenos, Baladi, Shire.
Currently Breeding For: Konik, Pindos, More Aenos, More Shire, More Baladi, 1st Java, 1st Bali
Farm Log,My Farm
Become a Patron!