The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Mongolians

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Mongolians

Post by AltNazarach »

Hello fellow breeders,

here you can post anything related to Mongolians - be it questions, stud advertisements, asking someone for a breeding or just sharing your joy about your mongolians :)

The breeds needed for the Mongolian are:

[ Przewalski Horse x Tarpan ] x Tarpan
or
nearly everything resulting in 75% Tarpan x 25% Przewalski Horse

Currently active breeders:

AltNazarach http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/view/88697
redster http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/view/98560
Last edited by AltNazarach on Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redster
Visit My Farm

Re: Mongolians

Post by redster »

Yay! Glad to have some attention drawn to this lovely little breed--whether on its own, or on the way up to unlocking a more complicated breed down the line.

I too am hoping to breed better-quality, low-to-no COI Mongolians... especially those awful Movement scores that tend to follow the Przewalski blood around. I also have a side interest in keeping the breed as similar to the real-life examples as possible, but I'm still new enough to this game to only be halfway-sure on how to do that.

So, I'm always interested in helping the breed out by offering studs and animals for sale to anyone interested, as well as accepting help from anyone else who might be able to contribute some guidance. Everyone is welcome to hit me up for either of those things at any time. :D
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

And to contribute; a little starter stud for the Mongos ^^

Shibai Sun

5* Mongolian; 3* Sorraia
35,7 HGP

good: bal, int
average: stam, temp, agil
worse: str, spd, mov

Bay Dun (E_ A_ D_)
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

AltNazarach wrote:Hello fellow breeders,

The breeds needed for the Mongolian are:

[ Przewalski Horse x Tarpan ] x Tarpan
or
75% Tarpan x 25% Przewalski Horse
I had no idea about the percentage cross. That is really useful information!
I have a tiny herd that's part of a larger project. I'm thinking of kind of restarting because new blood is hard to find. I'm not getting rid of any horses but I'm trying to get all the crosses back to pure and then will most likely buy or import more AC stock in the other breeds used to create them. Nothing I have is spectacular but if you'd like a stud or brood to one mine for the sake of outside bloodlines I'm happy to oblige. You can ping or message me.
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

Hilayla wrote:
I had no idea about the percentage cross. That is really useful information!
I have a tiny herd that's part of a larger project. I'm thinking of kind of restarting because new blood is hard to find. I'm not getting rid of any horses but I'm trying to get all the crosses back to pure and then will most likely buy or import more AC stock in the other breeds used to create them. Nothing I have is spectacular but if you'd like a stud or brood to one mine for the sake of outside bloodlines I'm happy to oblige. You can ping or message me.
Well, it is more like the about percentage needed in the resultfoal (I corrected it in the text above), kind of anything that should amount to 75% Tarpan and 25% Przewalski is a way to breed one - if the confo is right ^^
so a bit more in tarpan and conversly bit less in tarpan in the other horse could produce a mongolian foal.

Everyone is free to share here so just ask if you want soething specific or need help ;) (or want to show off some horse xD )
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

Just wanted to let guys know I have this boy up for stud. He has 0 COI, no reds, and a gp of 34.319. Not the greatest thing but he also rates 5* for Mongols. He has no foals on the ground and I just bred him to every mare I have with a drop of Mongol blood in her so we should see how he does. I saw 0 COI in notes and just assumed he was from the AC. Didn't even check pedigrees. LOL

Speed 15
Strength 17
Stamina 29
Balance 35
Movement 30
Agility 46
Tempo 25

[EDIT] I've added a title bar for mares and stallions so that you can keep each breed on one page. It's possible to lock a row and scroll the other lines up and down for anyone new to sheets. Makes it super easy to compare rows. I also added a column before the horse name that I can check if the horse is a cross. If anyone wants to now how to do it you can message or ping me and I'll be glad to help.
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Hilayla wrote:Dang I am going to hit up that boy for sure. Also, pinging you for this since you mentioned it in my "take my rare breeds" thread:
I love all this knowledge and resource-sharing! I thought of something else I'd love to share to anyone interested:

http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/87834

This is the pasture where I keep the [Tarpan x Przewalski] mixes that I bred my Mongolians out of, and now they're just sitting around getting old. So, if anyone would like to stud from one of the boys (or maybe even borrow or buy one of the girls) before they retire, let me know!
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

redster wrote: This is the pasture where I keep the [Tarpan x Przewalski] mixes that I bred my Mongolians out of, and now they're just sitting around getting old. So, if anyone would like to stud from one of the boys (or maybe even borrow or buy one of the girls) before they retire, let me know!

I'll try to take a look, I need to take some turns but I just now got all my horses into a spreadsheet and I've only been taking turns to refresh studs at this moment. I think I have most of my mares bred but like you I've got some older horses and I've been kind of waiting to get them into the spreadsheet so I can breed my oldest horses, hopefully, more effectively before they die. You know the feeling when you want have that awesome 20+yr old horse you want to breed one more time, but you worry every turn you take he'll pass on. :lol:

That being said, I haven't checked for a few days (or maybe weeks) on who I have up for stud, I try to keep at least one guy from each breed but I am open to studding out anyone some one wants or even to brood a foal out of my mares.
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Hilayla wrote:I'll try to take a look, I need to take some turns but I just now got all my horses into a spreadsheet and I've only been taking turns to refresh studs at this moment. I think I have most of my mares bred but like you I've got some older horses and I've been kind of waiting to get them into the spreadsheet so I can breed my oldest horses, hopefully, more effectively before they die. You know the feeling when you want have that awesome 20+yr old horse you want to breed one more time, but you worry every turn you take he'll pass on. :lol:

That being said, I haven't checked for a few days (or maybe weeks) on who I have up for stud, I try to keep at least one guy from each breed but I am open to studding out anyone some one wants or even to brood a foal out of my mares.
Haha! I hear you on so much of this. That is Bramble for me right now. He's my best Tarpan by far, and I think he's 23 right now. I'm the kind of impatient player who tends to blitz through their turns, so there is just a kind of constant anxiety that any moment now could be his last.

I should maybe try to preserve his line in another Tarpan, but I think I've only been breeding him into my Mongolians, and trying for an Exmoor if I can make it in time. Maybe I should pause and get a decent Tarpan female to pair him with before it's too late... hmm...
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

I tried to breed to Bramble and I'm out of room for horses! And I'm broke after buying a bunch of eval books (all but three of the breeds which descend from Tarpans) so I can list 5* things in stud ads. Plus I'm really distracted right now, so I keep logging in, getting called away and coming back to find myself logged out, :P

I want to speed through some turns, but I want to really evaluate my stock. I don't have any I want to part with but I do have a lot who are old. I'm also thinking of adding a crossbreeding at the bottom of my spreadsheet (which I have tweaked and redone so that the conditional formatting is no longer messy) section for breeds that cross so I remember to consider them when breeding.
Last edited by Hilayla on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:33 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:33 am