The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Closed Thread.

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Lcameron
Visit My Farm

Re: Royale Arabians

Post by Lcameron »

by the way i like ur name :)
Rhorsegirl80
Visit My Farm

Post by Rhorsegirl80 »

Lcameron wrote:by the way i like ur name :)
I am confused. :lol: Who's name? :?:
Rhorsegirl80
Visit My Farm

Post by Rhorsegirl80 »

Rhorsegirl80 wrote:
Lcameron wrote:by the way i like ur name :)
I am confused. :lol: Who's name? :?:
WAIT :lol: :lol: I got it nvm!
Lcameron
Visit My Farm

Post by Lcameron »

royal, thats also the name of my farm get it :)
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

I've been working on Arabians too. Right now, the only features missing on mine are a thick jowl and a deep flank.
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

Thanks for all your messages everyone - promise i will reply soon... Something just came up this week and its been extremely hectic.. and unfortunately haven't hardly had a moment on HWO... :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:Thanks for all your messages everyone - promise i will reply soon... Something just came up this week and its been extremely hectic.. and unfortunately haven't hardly had a moment on HWO... :D
Life happens, the game will always wait. ;)
Just another lovely feature of the game, if you're not on, your game stays suspended.
Good luck with life!
buzzy
Visit My Farm

Post by buzzy »

Royale Ranch wrote:
~Royale Arabians~
Yes... i'm sorry... there are already a million other breeding communities for Arabians...and I've already made about a million posts... jk ;) but this IS SEPARATE from my farm log, and is NOT YOUR STANDARD ARABIAN BREEDING COMMUNITY:

simple: Royalty are a step above everyone else, right? well, I want to create those Arabians. unique, incredibly high stat Arabians, Arabians that everyone will recognise- Royal Arabians

I have a number of goals in mind for this project, but they are kind of scattered at the moment:
1.) (and this one is definite!) increase conformation, as high as possible
2.) create a unique appearance (leopard, or pinto - or something :) )
3.) and of course, Brand recognition :) :lol:

but first, i need some data :) ....... what is the highest confirmation ever found in an arabian on HWO?
what is the highest speed? strength? stamina? you get the picture.. :) can any stat be maxed out at about 68? or is that only for speed? and if movement is supposed to be a weak point in arabians, why do my horses have movement at around 50 when stamina is much lower, (a supposedly strong point?) can anyone help?
Hey Royale! May I goin? I breed all my Arabs for color and high HGP. Here is a example of one of my spotted Arabs:

Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote: Colts
1656690 - I have mixed feelings on this colt. He looks good on paper, but personally I think they could've thrown a better foal. Since you're not excited about keeping colts, I would lean toward culling him. Except for his low COI, I don't really see a value in hanging onto him.

1656703 - This colt is 'good enough'. For my project, he would be passed for the stud shed but only to a great mare. His movement appears to all come from conformation, otherwise I would say that he was a good movement son of Ladies Man. That very first colt that was green-lighted (super stud), is a much better colt than this one. Keeping that in mind, I'd cull this colt as well.

1656704 - I like the mare of this colt. She appears to have good genes for these stats: strength, speed, (stamina), movement, balance. Saying that however, I think most of the stamina likely comes from conf eval rather than strong genes. I think what likely happened is he received good genes from Ladies Man and good conf from the mare, which boosted his comment and his stat number really high. I'm mixed on this colt. He could provide a quality 'example' of what you're striving to achieve for stamina, visually at least. But he has decent genes in my opinion, to pass on. So what's my final opinion? I think I'd use him on fresh mares to determine what their abilities are, because I think he has 'upward' heading genes (genes that lean toward getting better rather than worse). I'd also use him on AC mares as a good foundation point. Fresh blood is always nice and at least he would provide two services in this case, he would weed out the weak genes of unknown AC mares (just like other fresh, blooded mares), and any foals from AC mares would get an injection of 'upward' heading genes. That would be what I would use this colt for. He is not a 'super stud', but I would consider him a 'regulation stud', one that helps regulate certain genes, or a 'seeker/finder' stud, one that weeds out weaker genes. It's up to you whether you want a colt like this. Culling him wouldn't necessarily be a loss for you since you already have a nice colt from Ladies Man.
This is about the third or forth time that ive written out a response for this post... but each time something else has come up and of course... it wasnt saved.... :x
hence, im afraid that this version will be considerably sorter than my original - but guessing that information is sort of irrelevant now...
BlackOak, before i start - thanks a million for this!
now, regarding the colts: already, as you have pointed out, colts certainly are not my priority right at the moment, so the only reason for keeping them is if they are amazing :)
My opinion was the same for the first and second colt, and thanks so much for your advice- and the depth! that you went into with the third colt... i will definitely be trying this out...
BlackOak2 wrote: Fillies
1656692 - Let me digress a little for the stud: Zelda's Rebellion. I have mixed feelings about him. He is definitely weak on strength (no surprise), I would consider his stamina ability average (not great, far from bad), he seems to through both conf and report stat for stamina, but neither is perfect. He does seem to through alright balance genes and very nice intelligence genes. Personally, if he doesn't throw one nice 'keeper' in five foals, I'd skip him for future pairings, but only because he doesn't seem to have what you need. He might be a good candidate for pairing with the mare I liked just above, they may be perfect. Now back to this filly. Her parents should've thrown a better foal then they did. I don't like her at all. But sometimes the genes just come together from both parents in one of the worst ways. This filly in my opinion would be a cull filly.
thanks again :D i will defiantly be trying that mare with said stud, thanks.. im certainly not confident on determining what foals from parents are good or bad yet.. but every bit of experience helps...
BlackOak2 wrote:1656694 - Again with the Zelda stud. I think the parents could've thrown a better foal. I don't much care for this filly either, I think her positive points, except for stamina, came mostly from the mare. That being said, I've had times when even my best producers seem to go through a funk. I've had 'years' when I was getting nothing but trash from all of my studs and mares when I know they can throw great offspring. It happens, and that may be what this stud just happens to be throwing right now. However, consistently throwing quality genes should be a requirement. I'd cull this filly as well.
i am definitely of the same opinion with this foal. either way, im very tempted to cull any foal with a stamina rating below 40, because thats what i really want to focus in on right now.
BlackOak2 wrote:1656695 - This filly really shows, in my opinion, just the type of genes the Zelda stud and even the mare carries for stamina. Not only did she not pull the genes down that the stud passed on, but she did pull the conf eval number down. So the stud (and the mare), both have good stamina genes. He just doesn't have the best of the other genes. This appears to be the only thing going for this filly however. She would be a keeper in my book, but at the very bottom of the barrel and she'd only be matched up with studs that have quality other genes (of which I have a good mix for my projects). For you, because of her weak other genes, you may not want to keep her, regardless of the fact that Zelda threw this filly with good stamina genes for you, there will always be others that fit the bill, so the question to keep her or cull her for you would be: Do you want to risk pulling down the stats of your herd by injecting her genes into it? The answer you have will tell you whether to cull her or keep her.
very insightful, thanks. really appreciate too how you have gone through with both how you have done it/how it would fit your own heard, and especially, you've founded your opinion with fact, and explained it all! i think i will remove her, because as it is, im dragging other stats down to what they were before.
BlackOak2 wrote:1656697 - This is definitely a cull filly in my opinion. She lost the gold tempo and balance of her mother and they're not even green. So they dropped two grades, I don't always use this as a mark, but when the parents are so close in HGP, I expect the resulting offspring to be somewhere 'smack-dab' in the middle of the parents, leaning a little to one side or the other. However, she seems to be leaning much more heavily toward the stud with the comments, even as her HGP leans more toward the mare. She would simply be a pairing failure in my book.
previously, i would have never even considered comparing a parents stats to those of a foals... you have taught me so much already!
BlackOak2 wrote:1656699 - This filly is what I mean by 'smack-dab' in the middle. She takes a couple of the really good from her sire (the better parent), yet remembers to eye up the best of the mare (the weaker parent), marked by the movement comment (even if it appears that it comes from conf rather than genes). I like this filly, she's not the best Ladies Man has given you, however she may be the best the mare can offer up. This filly would be the 'mare replacement' in my projects. Often I would retire the dam after an offspring like this. Definitely a keeper in my opinion.
and there you go, answering one of my unasked questions.. a shocking habit that i have with breeding is that i use the same mares over and over until they die, then all i end up with is a million middle aged horses - newborns all with similar, if not poorer stats than their mares! so, my take from this is to have a certain number of carefully chosen mares, and once a better foal is recieved, replace them?
BlackOak2 wrote:1656700 - I don't like this filly from Ladies Man. This is probably one of the worst I've seen him throw so far. She's got some good points: tempo, balance, agility; but these are expected when the mare shows the same strengths in the same spots as the stud. Speed and strength is arguably perhaps stronger than some of his other foals, but this filly fails in stamina in my opinion. It's just a failure foal. I would cull her. Her full sister is much better than she is. I'd move this mare on to another stud, but that's my opinion.
woah. okay, showing up my ignorance, here, i honestly thought that this was a good - if not great - foal..... :oops: i liked her especially becuase of her high ranking stamina Breeding comment, without even havin the gold - so i was thinking that she has a lot of potential to go higher. which is more important, the color of the breeding report comment or the 'ranking/positivity' of the breeding report comment? now im just assuming that his conformation of 49 stamina pulled the comment up?
BlackOak2 wrote:1656701 - This filly appears to be average. She would become a brood in my bloodlines but I'd never match her up to a weaker stud. This is the type of mare that I'd use to help solidify the genes of the herd. A basic all-rounder mare, she would be matched up to studs that are proven to not weaken the stats that she may be weak in: movement & balance (both offer too high conf score so probably indicate weaker genes). I'd keep her.
thanks for that.... i remember now reading through this one last time and feeling super confused.. but in all honesty, i think im just reading too much into everything... just as with my comments as per the previous horse... from memory, the lower the conf number paired with the higher BR (dont know weather color or comment is better) demonstrates that it has more potential and ultimatly, the br isnt just being pulled up by the Conf stat.... will ask more about this at the end...
BlackOak2 wrote: 1656702 - This is another failure filly. She didn't keep her mother's good points and she certainly didn't take any of her father's either. She does reveal, however, that both of her parents tempo is not very strong. Definitely a cull filly in my book. I'd probably not use the stud on this mare again either, they appear to enhance each other's weaknesses instead of their strengths, but some pairs seem to do just that.
i can see what you mean now.. lightbulb moment - or something :D again, same as i mentioned a bit above, i havent been checking to see how the foals compare with their parents - but sure will be in the future.
BlackOak2 wrote:1656706 - I like this filly. This is another that's 'smack-dab' right in the middle. In fact, I think she's about perfect and the best that this pair might produce. That being said, personally I'd try to make a full sibling, but just because I'm greedy. She's a bit weak in movement (high conf score without at least a green comment), but that's what Ladies Man appears to throw. Definitely a keeper.
dont you love those moments when everything suddenly becomes clear? same as i was with a lot of toher things with regards to breeding, i was looking at things the complete opposite way around... i was thinking that the higher conf score with no color in the BR is better - but thanks - your explanations have really helped.
BlackOak2 wrote:Those are my opinions on your batch of foals. Ladies Man offers some good genes in areas that arabs often lack but also has good genes in stamina, he's a decent stud. How much injection of his particular genes will you need? Your COI will climb again if you use him for all of your lines. Plus if his weaker genes become too ingrained in your herd, you'll have trouble in other stats. These are the things you should consider before they become an issue and decide how many foals should he father before you move on to another stud. If they're not an issue for you, then all's good. I think he's been used enough and thrown enough foals to determine just what he lacks so you can make an informed decision to just how many foals you want to keep from him. For me, I'd use him until he father's somewhere between 35 and 40 percent of the entire herd to fix his good genes solidly in the bloodline (in 100 head of horses, that would be 35 to 40 foals), but my COI is quite low.
this reminder was very needed thanks... again, simular with my mares, i have tended to just use and use and use a single stud untill i have a herd full of his offspring.. totally the wrong way to go about things... i'll make another post soon to determine how many i have/need from him and regarding my current broodmares, and who needs retiring...

i mentioned above that i was a bit confused.. think part of that has clears up now thanks to a brainwave of intelligence,.. and 99.5% due to your patience and extremely helpful fact based explanations!

think ill make a separate post about the BR color comments so not to make this one goes... oh and i really cant thank you enough for this!
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote:...

as mentioned in my previous post, i was a little confused about the difference in color/rankings of positive when it comes to the BR comments.
and again, as mentioned above, thanks to your help BlackOak, (correct me if im wrong) - a positive, especially a colored BR comment with a low score has the most potential. a high score, and a BR comment neutral = not good ;)

sorry - im kind of rambling now i think... ;)

was just looking up the balance for speed in throughbreds... am im blown away from the below horse:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1512511
with the second highest ranking BR comment for speed, and a conf score of 63...

i think i just answered my own question :)

but when building up the score, im thinking that the higher color/(in comparison to the higher comment with lower color), with a lower score is better?
thats very likely very confusing sorry....

Breeding report comments and information taken directly from Totina's extremely useful post: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =12&t=7149

Stamina
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
This stallion/mare looks like he/she could run for a month and not be worn out.
Is this a horse or a camel?
This stallion/mare has an extraordinary amount of endurance!
This stallion/mare can run a marathon and then some!
Wow, you'd be making a mistake not to compete in endurance events with this stallion/mare!
Nice stallion/mare has a ton of stamina to spare. He'll/She'll go the distance for you!
This one can keep going forever! Doesn't even break a sweat.

Your stallion/mare could run all day and not be tired!
Your stallion/mare has a lot of endurance.
This stallion/mare has great stamina.
One thing this stallion/mare isn't lacking is stamina!
This stallion's/mare's endurance is higher than average.

This stallion/mare has plenty of vitality and, in turn, plenty of stamina.
Appears to have plenty left after workouts. Looks good to me.
Your stallion/mare seems to have a good amount of stamina.
Seems to have decent stamina.
We won't know for a while, but looks like he's/she's got a decent amount of stamina.

Seems to hold together fairly well, stamina-wise, though I'm not completely certain.
From the looks of things, this stallion/mare has an average amount of stamina.
Your stallion/mare has a typical amount of stamina.
Can't be sure on stamina with this one. We'll see more come show day.
Hard to tell, stamina-wise. Looks like he'll/she'll hold up though.

I'd be surprised if this stallion/mare had enough stamina to run one lap.
Hate to break this to you, but this stallion/mare has an inadequate amount of stamina.

I wouldn't count on this stallion/mare to win any lengthy races.
This stallion/mare seems to run out of energy fast.
I'm surprised he/she has enough stamina to hold his/her head up.
Geez! This stallion/mare cannot even walk two feet before running out of breath!

Bloody stallion/mare gets tired real fast. Keep it short, real short.

Seems to like short workouts best, I don't think he/she can handle more.
Might have a problem here. This one gets winded even after short workouts.
I doubt this stallion/mare can even complete one lap!
Last edited by Royale Ranch on Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:45 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:45 pm