The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

【ℤA's Realistic Horse Breeder Registry】- CLOSED / INDEFINITE HIATUS

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Ziel
Visit My Farm

【ℤA's Realistic Horse Breeder Registry】- CLOSED / INDEFINITE HIATUS

Post by Ziel »

【ℤA's Realistic Horse Breeder Registry】

【ℤA's】Realistic Horse Breeder Registry (or【RHBR】) is a collection of breeders on Horse World Online who aim to breed the most attractive and realistic purebred horses in the game! Registered Breeders must follow strict Breeding Standards for the breed they choose to work with. Only real-world modern horse breeds are allowed, as our Breeding Standards will be based off of real-world breeding standards!【RHBR】Breeders will also be given an overall Breeder Rating based off of the founder's rating of their current breeding population.

【How do Ratings work?】

★/☆ is used to represent star ratings - ★★★☆☆ represents a 3-Star rating.
When a Breeder applies to join the【RHBR】they must submit their horses to be rated by myself (Ziel) according to the Breeding Standards I've put in place for each Breed, which are listed publicly at the top of each Breed's Registry Post. The horses will gain individual ratings based on how "correct" they are according to the Breeding Standards. Our Breeding Standards do NOT account for Stats / HGP, only appearance of the horse. The Breeder, however, will receive a Breeder Rating based off of the current overall quality of the horses in their【RHBR】Breeding Project - both their "correctness" AND Stats / HGP!

Part-Bred horses ARE allowed to be submitted towards consideration of a Breeder Registration, as long as they are considered over 80% blooded towards the breed being applied for. Outcrossing to different breeds is a valid and proven way of bringing in higher stats or other desired traits into a breed, especially in HWO.【RHBR】Breeders will not be penalized for using outcrossing in order to circumvent the game's limitations.

PLEASE NOTE: As the【RHBR】grows and changes, our standards and ratings will change, too! Please don't be alarmed or feel discouraged if your Breeder Rating drops due to higher overall Breeding Standards!

【Registry Navigation】
Breeder Requirements + Applications
Want to join the【RHBR】? Want to request a new Breed be added, or your Breeder Rating be updated? This is where you'll find all the info you'll need!

【RHBR】Discussion
This is where registered【RHBR】Breeders must keep ALL【RHBR】-related discussion that is not submitting an application, or asking a question regarding the registry.【RHBR】exclusive studs / trades / sales should go here!

Breeds, Standards, and Breeders - A to Z
Please use these links to navigate, as newer breeds added to the【RHBR】won’t be listed directly below this post!
Andalusians - Arabians - Belgians - Connemaras - Friesians - Gypsy Vanners - Knabstruppers - Quarter Horses - Welsh Cobs
Last edited by Ziel on Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Breeder Requirements + Applications

Post by Ziel »

【RHBR Breeder Requirements】
  • 【RHBR】Breeders must show that they have a breeding population of an existing【RHBR】Breed, with individuals of a minimum 2-Star rating as determined by the founder, Ziel.
  • 【RHBR】Breeders must do their best to breed horses according to the Breeding Standards of the breeds they are registered to work with, and are encouraged to also aim for high Stats / HGP.
  • 【RHBR】Breeders must be willing to make some of the horses they produce available to other【RHBR】Breeders via stud, trade, or sale - which should be held in the【RHBR】Discussion Thread. Public sale is optional, but encouraged in order to better the overall HWO horse population!
  • 【RHBR】Breeders must conduct themselves in an honest and polite manner. We will not tolerate rudeness or dishonest practices such as horse-flipping. If you have a complaint regarding a【RHBR】Breeder, please ping Ziel with evidence on this thread so it may be dealt with.
  • 【RHBR】Breeders must keep ALL【RHBR】-related discussion that is not submitting an application, asking a question, or reporting an issue with a【RHBR】Breeder within the【RHBR】Discussion Thread.
  • 【RHBR】Breeders must not apply for a new Breeder Rating more than once per month. This is flexible, but frequent offenders will be given a warning, and may be removed from the Registry if they persist.
  • 【RHBR】Breeders must understand that Breeder Requirements, Breeding Standards, and individual Breeder Ratings may change and evolve as the Registry grows. As they do,【RHBR】Breeders must aim to uphold the changes.

【Registry Applications】

To apply to become a registered【RHBR】Breeder, please fill out and submit this form in a reply:

Code: Select all

【RHBR】Breeder Application
Your Username:
Your Alt Account(s):
Which horse breed(s) do you want to register to work with?:
Please provide links to the existing horses of the breed(s) that you own + plan on breeding:
Do you agree to follow all of the【RHBR】Breeder Requirements?: 
To apply for a new Breeder Rating, please fill out and submit this form in a reply:

【RHBR】Rating Reevaluation Request
Your Username:
Which horse breed(s) do you want a new Breeder Rating for?:
Please provide links to the existing horses of the breed(s) that you own + plan on breeding:
To request a new breed be added to the【RHBR】, please fill out and submit this form in a reply:

【RHBR】New Breed Request
Your Username:
Which horse breed(s) would you like to see added to the 【RHBR】?:
If the breed is added, would you be able to IMMEDIATELY register as a 【RHBR】Breeder?:

Please link any real-world registry standards you may know of below. If the breed is added, this will seriously help in figuring out their【RHBR】Breeding Standards!:

Last edited by Ziel on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Friesians

Post by Ziel »

【Friesians】
There are three types of Friesian horses: Classic, Baroque, and Sport.
These three conformations are to be kept in mind when breeding Friesian horses - it may be more useful to breed towards one conformation, although it is common to have horses that lean more towards a certain type when establishing a breeding population.

【Current Breeding Standards】
.. Last updated 3/12/2019
Classic:
  • 14hh to 17hh.
  • Horse OR 50-60% Pony type, with medium to medium heavy body.
  • Legs of medium or medium heavy bone / thickness.
  • Hair is long and thick, with feathers of medium length.
  • Shoulder is long and sloped.
  • Head is at minimum 2/3rds the length of the shoulder.
  • Head has a straight profile and medium to thick jowls.
  • Neck is at minimum as long as the shoulder.
  • Back is around 1+1/2 the length of the shoulder.
  • Ribs are medium to deep, with a medium flank.
  • Built level with long, round hips and a tail set below the spine.
  • Coat is either pure black or chestnut.
Baroque:
  • 14hh to 16hh.
  • Horse OR 50-60% Pony type, with medium to medium heavy body.
  • Head has a straight profile and medium to thick jowls.
  • Neck is as long as the shoulder.
  • Back is around 1+1/3 the length of the shoulder.
  • Built either level or slightly downhill with long, round hips and a low-set tail.
Sport:
  • 14hh to 17hh.
  • Horse type, with medium light to medium body.
  • Head has a straight profile and medium to shallow jowls.
  • Neck is at minimum as long as the shoulder.
  • Back is at minimum 1+1/3 the length of the shoulder.
  • Built slightly uphill with long hips and a tail set below the spine.
【In-Game Examples】

★★★★★ Realistic Sport Friesian

★★★★☆ Realistic Classic Friesian - Faults: Face convex.

★★★★☆ Realistic Baroque Friesian - Faults: Face short.
★★★★☆ Realistic Sport Friesian - Faults: Deep flank.

【Currently Registered Breeders】
★★★★☆
Ziel / Z.A. Sanctuary - 4 Star horses of all types, HGP 50-60k range.
Last edited by Ziel on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 33 times in total.
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Gypsy Vanners

Post by Ziel »

【Gypsy Vanners】
Otherwise known as the Irish Cob, Gypsy Cob, or Gypsy Horse.

Further information on the breed can be found at the following sites:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gypsy_horse
https://www.gypsyhorses.com/conformation.htm

.. Last updated 5/15/2019
  • 13hh to 16.2hh. Short is more desirable.
  • Pony type, with medium to heavy body.
  • Legs of medium to medium heavy bone / thickness.
  • Hair is long and thick, with long feathers.
  • Head is around 1/2 the length of the shoulder.
  • Head has a straight or slightly convex profile with thick jowls.
  • Neck is as at maximum as long as the shoulder, measuring from the withers.
  • Back is at maximum 1+1/3rd the length of the shoulder, measuring from the withers.
  • Ribs are deep, with a medium to deep flank.
  • Built slightly downhill with a long, round hip and low-set tail.
  • Coat can be any color, but heavy tobiano markings are encouraged.
【In-Game Examples】

★★★★☆ Realistic Gypsy Vanner - Faults: Bone thin.

★★★★☆ Realistic Gypsy Vanner - Faults: Bone thin.

★★★★☆ Realistic Gypsy Vanner - Faults: Bone thin. Back long. Tail bit high.

★★★★☆
Ziel / Z.A. Sanctuary - 4 Star horses, HGP in the 50k range.
Last edited by Ziel on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Gaagii
Visit My Farm

Re: 【ℤA's Realistic Horse Breeder Registry】- NOW OPEN!

Post by Gaagii »

【RHBR】Quarter Horse
Your Username: Gaagii (#88314)
Your Alt Account(s): Craven (#88478)
Which horse breed(s) would you like to see added to the 【RHBR】?: Quarter Horse
If the breed is added, would you be able to IMMEDIATELY register as a 【RHBR】Breeder?: Sure but won't have any available for breeding, stud, sale as still working on the look

Please link any real-world registry standards you may know of below. If the breed is added, this will seriously help in figuring out their【RHBR】Breeding Standards!:
https://www.aqha.uk.com/american-quarte ... teristics/
https://www.thesprucepets.com/meet-the- ... se-1886138 < the two studs, Easy Jet & Doc Bar, are more Thoroughbred than Quarter Horse
https://www.britannica.com/animal/Ameri ... rter-Horse
https://equestrianwriter.com/blog/2018/ ... ter-horse/
http://imh.org/exhibits/online/breeds-o ... ter-horse/ < Easy Jet, Doc Bar, Dash for Cash, Refrigerator, & Go Man Go are all more Thoroughbred than they are Quarter Horse.

I grew up in the west around Quarter Horses so I'll just add a bit of clarification, no offense to anyone. The dub 'quarter' isn't due to a quarter Thoroughbred lineage. The dub quarter originated due their success & explosive speeds at quarter mile racing.

There's technically three types of Quarter Horse.

Racing types are rangy/legged/taller and are sleek, lighter muscled & in a way look more Thoroughbred than Quarter Horse (Easy Jet & Doc Bar are racing QHs, both at least 3/4ths TB by pedigree). Halter types are sort of an intermediate, taller than stock but heavier than racing. They can still look TB in their sleekness, legginess, and longer backs.

Stock type are the original/foundation; they're the movie-famous/cattle-minding/old west horses. They're heavy boned, heavy muscular, well proportioned, broad bodied, short backed animals with angled croup and deep ribs ranging from 14.2 to 15.3hh (norm 14.2/14.3 to 15.1hh). Cutter Bill was a legendary hall of fame stock type QH & his grandsons are here http://myhorseforum.com/threads/cutter- ... 75.507618/

Thanks in advance for adding & apologize if too much info. Can assist in the breed standard creation if help is needed.
Occasional Purchaser of Upgrades/Pony Tokens (temporarily closed)
Plume Horse Association
ZaRHBR Member, MRA Member

Gaagii (#88314) & Craven (#88478)
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

Gaagii wrote:Thanks in advance for adding & apologize if too much info. Can assist in the breed standard creation if help is needed.
Hi there - thanks so much for your interest in my registry, and for all the info you've provided! You reminded me I needed to go through and update the Friesian information to include the three Friesian types! :lol: Means I'll have to re-evaluate my own horses and see where they land, too. ;)

I'll go through this info and get to work making a breed profile for QHs! :D
~All-Golds~
Visit My Farm

Re: Gypsy Vanners

Post by ~All-Golds~ »

Ziel wrote:【Gypsy Vanners】
Otherwise known as the Irish Cob, Gypsy Cob, or Gypsy Horse.

Further information on the breed can be found at the following sites:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gypsy_horse
https://www.gypsyhorses.com/conformation.htm

• 15.1hh to 16.2hh.
  • Pony type, with medium to heavy body.
  • Legs of medium to medium heavy bone / thickness.
  • Hair is long and thick, with long feathers.
  • Head is 2/3rds the length of the shoulder.
  • Head has a straight or slightly convex profile with thick jowls.
  • Neck is as long as the shoulder, measuring from the withers.
  • Back is at maximum 1+1/3rd the length of the shoulder, measuring from the withers.
  • Ribs are deep, with a medium to deep flank.
  • Built slightly downhill with a long, round hip and low-set tail.
  • Coat can be any color, but heavy tobiano markings are encouraged.
【In-Game Examples】
★★★★☆ Gypsy Vanner - Faults: Mane short. Flank shallow.
★★★★☆ Gypsy Vanner - Faults: Convex profile. Flank shallow. Tail bit high.

★★★☆☆ Gypsy Vanner - Faults: Bone thin. Back long. Tail high. Flank shallow.

★★★☆☆
Ziel / Z.A. Sanctuary - Producing 3 to 4 Star horses, HGP between 45k and 50k.
I was just scrolling through; then I remembered something I had wondered a while ago about Gypsy Vanners in the game. Why do some Gypsy Vanners have mohawk-like manes and some long manes?
Gaagii
Visit My Farm

Post by Gaagii »

~All-Golds~ wrote:I was just scrolling through; then I remembered something I had wondered a while ago about Gypsy Vanners in the game. Why do some Gypsy Vanners have mohawk-like manes and some long manes?
Przewalski Horse, which has mohawk-like manes, is in the lineage.

Dales > Fell > Exmoor Pony = Przewalski Horse x Tarpan
Clydesdale > Galloway > Exmoor Pony = Przewalski Horse x Tarpan
Friesian > Andalusian > Sorraia (also Carthusian) > Mongolian = Przewalski Horse/Tarpan x Tarpan
Plume Horse Association

~All-Golds~
Visit My Farm

Post by ~All-Golds~ »

Gaagii wrote:
~All-Golds~ wrote:I was just scrolling through; then I remembered something I had wondered a while ago about Gypsy Vanners in the game. Why do some Gypsy Vanners have mohawk-like manes and some long manes?
Przewalski Horse, which has mohawk-like manes, is in the lineage.

Dales > Fell > Exmoor Pony = Przewalski Horse x Tarpan
Clydesdale > Galloway > Exmoor Pony = Przewalski Horse x Tarpan
Friesian > Andalusian > Sorraia (also Carthusian) > Mongolian = Przewalski Horse/Tarpan x Tarpan
Ahhhhh. Thank you.
Gaagii
Visit My Farm

Post by Gaagii »

Ziel wrote:
Gaagii wrote:Thanks in advance for adding & apologize if too much info. Can assist in the breed standard creation if help is needed.
Hi there - thanks so much for your interest in my registry, and for all the info you've provided! You reminded me I needed to go through and update the Friesian information to include the three Friesian types! :lol: Means I'll have to re-evaluate my own horses and see where they land, too. ;)

I'll go through this info and get to work making a breed profile for QHs! :D
Yep. You're welcome. Btw nice summary on the Friesians & Gypsies.

~All-Golds~ wrote:Ahhhhh. Thank you.
You're welcome.
Plume Horse Association

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:33 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:33 pm