The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

【ℤA's Realistic Horse Breeder Registry】- CLOSED / INDEFINITE HIATUS

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Pendragon Stables
Visit My Farm

Re: 【ℤA's Realistic Horse Breeder Registry】- OPEN!

Post by Pendragon Stables »

How do you register horses
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Re: 【ℤA's Realistic Horse Breeder Registry】- OPEN!

Post by Ziel »

Pendragon Stables wrote:How do you register horses
I'll admit, I haven't been keeping this up to date - after doing more research about horse breeds IRL, I don't think the guidelines I've set here are exactly... "accurate"? ^^; I've noticed that what a breed "should" look like varies from registry to registry; from sport to sport; from area to area. EG: "Percherons" in Europe are short and stocky. "Percherons" in America are taller and more lean. Arabians with the "classic" Arabian look are "Desert Arabians", but there's also Arabians that look more like regular eventing horses ("sport" Arabians). But, even then, conformation can vary widely in animals that aren't as distinctly split based on location / sport! (EG: IRL, my friend breeds Kiger Mustangs. She has Kigers that look like small "spanish-type" horses, but also, a huge Kiger mare that looks much stockier and has a bigger head - almost like a quarterhorse x draft!)

TL;DR -- I'm not certain if I want to keep this registry as "a thing", try to work to VASTLY update it, or scrap it entirely and just focus on my own horses. :?
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm

Re: 【ℤA's Realistic Horse Breeder Registry】- CLOSED / INDEFINITE HIATUS

Post by Wingless Flight »

You could also simplify it and make it a list of users who are interested in breeding for realistic looking horses per breed. Perhaps with a short comment on their goals/focus areas. Maybe have people subscribe to a thread and post once a month that they need to reply to in order to show that they are still active.
Pendragon Stables
Visit My Farm

Re: 【ℤA's Realistic Horse Breeder Registry】- CLOSED / INDEFINITE HIATUS

Post by Pendragon Stables »

Ok thank you very much :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 am