The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Arabians

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Electron
Visit My Farm

Re: Arabians

Post by Electron »

I also am starting to breed Arabians.

Don't have much in the way of current goals... Actually, that's a lie. Currently I'm hoping to breed up a line of Arabians that are very type-y and excel in endurance (and possibly barrel racing). I'm also hoping to accomplish all of this without much inbreeding or flooding the market with sub-par horses. Oh, and breeding the red strength/tempo stats out would also be wonderful, but not as important.

That being said, I'm still trying to figure out the game and move fairly slowly as far as breeding/purchasing decisions so as to minimize costly mistakes as much as possible. Currently trying to find a good stud horse for some of my up-and-coming mares, although I'm very picky, so it might take awhile.
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

Electron wrote:Currently trying to find a good stud horse for some of my up-and-coming mares, although I'm very picky, so it might take awhile.
Hi Electron!
Great to see you here :)
I have some talented stallions, I believe. Especially if you're looking for colour. I have two pastures dedicaded to my stallions, [1] and [2]. But as I am chronically low on space, more possibly suitable stallions and youngsters are mixed in throughout my other pastures (except the "mares" pastures, of course).
If you like a stallion, contact me and I will put him up for stud.

EMS breeds some great Arabians, too. The only negative I see with them is that they all have a very high COI, but most have excellent stats.
You could also take a look at the stallions of other people that posted in this thread.
Electron
Visit My Farm

Post by Electron »

nyraeia wrote: I have some talented stallions, I believe. Especially if you're looking for colour. I have two pastures dedicaded to my stallions, [1] and [2]. But as I am chronically low on space, more possibly suitable stallions and youngsters are mixed in throughout my other pastures (except the "mares" pastures, of course).
If you like a stallion, contact me and I will put him up for stud.

EMS breeds some great Arabians, too. The only negative I see with them is that they all have a very high COI, but most have excellent stats.
You could also take a look at the stallions of other people that posted in this thread.
I'm hoping to eventually create a line that other breeders can outcross to for their own projects, whether that be to refine one of their lines, or just another Arab breeder looking to infuse some new blood. For that reason, I'm trying to keep my line as separate from others as possible, so that there isn't a problem of a ton of inbreeding in the future. There are many good studs out there, but most of them have either a higher COI, or trace back to quite a few of the already established stallions and their lines. I've been stalking the horses for sale every day to see if I can find any first generation mares/stallions that are decent, or a few second generations from little known/unused lines to outcross to, but I may take you up on that offer in the future. :)
Mauja
Visit My Farm

Post by Mauja »

My first colt was born an Akhal-Teke, but he could throw some Arabians once he's old enough!

I also have some stallions I could put up for stud, if anyone wants new blood.
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

Electron wrote:There are many good studs out there, but most of them have either a higher COI, or trace back to quite a few of the already established stallions and their lines.
This is so very true! A high COI isn't necessarily bad, but I'd like to keep it a good bit lower than the level I'm currently on. But I'd need a lot of horses for that.

Anyway, I'm quite happy about my newest broodmare prospect.

I just wish she wasn't grey.
Electron
Visit My Farm

Post by Electron »

Well I'm stalking the "For Sale" horse listing every day, so hopefully I'll be able to keep my new blood supply running.

Also, if you ever want to out cross to one of my horses, let me know. They aren't much to look at now, but in a few weeks maybe they'll be decent. Like I said, I'm currently breeding for type and competition performance, and trying to not sacrifice stats too much.

Nice mare! Are you trying to breed the gray out?
nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

Electron wrote:Nice mare! Are you trying to breed the gray out?
Kind of, yes. It was awesome when it was still new but grey has proven to be not really my thing, I guess. You can't see the pretty base colours under it!
Babson Arabian
Visit My Farm

Post by Babson Arabian »

Hello Im (somewhat) New. My goal is to breed Arabians close to the Babson "type". Focusing on mostly blacks grays and Seal Bays (like my personal arabian) Color wise. Somewhat flatter croups and classic arabian face. im really hoping the Devs create thinner necks and dishier faces for the arabians. Would like to breed a horse that looks like my personal horse in real life.

nyraeia
Visit My Farm

Post by nyraeia »

Hi and welcome!
This is the first time I've heard of Babson Arabians.
You could try breeding in Turkmenes for thinner necks. I'm trying to create a bit of dishiness, myself, but it's proven difficult for me.
Kayaine
Visit My Farm

Post by Kayaine »

Hello, I'm also just starting out. I think I'm going to try to breed some non-arabian colors into my line. Mostly though, I'm just breeding for skill.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm