The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

In-Hand Jumping Breeders Club

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm

Re: In-Hand Jumping Breeders Club

Post by RenegadePegasus »

Katy_Kanes wrote:Does anybody have some Falabellas I could use to get my line back started up again :) ? I did a barn clear out, and out went all my IHJ's.
I have none competing right now... my PHs still average in height of about 9hh-10hh :|
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm

Katy_Kanes wrote:Ping
Baranduin_Brewster wrote:Ping
Sawd10 wrote:Ping
Helllloooo. First off, hows y’alls projects going? Next, I have an idea. Maybe we should have an IHJ Trained horse auction! I can post it, and all of us can list some horses for sale, and the starting bid. Tell me if you guys think it’s a good idea.

Edit- we could all set aside 3-4 horses and get them trained. If I didn’t have time to train them myself( I actually don’t :lol:), I would recommend Veterinarian or Horzelover101. Both are low cost, efficient trainers.
Last edited by RenegadePegasus on Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

RenegadePegasus wrote:
Helllloooo. First off, hows y’alls projects going? Next, I have an idea. Maybe we should have an IHJ Trained horse auction! I can post it, and all of us can list some horses for sale, and the starting bid. Tell me if you guys think it’s a good idea.
I'd be game, I got a few Inhander Arabs now, getting ready to make some ApQHs
Last edited by Baranduin Brewster on Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Katy_Kanes wrote:Does anybody have some Falabellas I could use to get my line back started up again :) ? I did a barn clear out, and out went all my IHJ's.
Did you need Falas still, I have a few up in my sales/auction thread
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm

Post by Katy_Kanes »

Baranduin Brewster wrote:
Did you need Falas still, I have a few up in my sales/auction thread
Yes, I'll check it out.
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm

Baranduin Brewster wrote:
RenegadePegasus wrote:

I'd be game, I got a few Inhander Arabs now, getting ready to make some ApQHs
All right. :)
Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm

Post by Katy_Kanes »

RenegadePegasus wrote:
Helllloooo. First off, hows y’alls projects going? Next, I have an idea. Maybe we should have an IHJ Trained horse auction! I can post it, and all of us can list some horses for sale and the starting bid. Tell me if you guys think it’s a good idea.
That's a great idea I think! I don't have any trained IHJ's ATM though.

I have a few ideas, but they may be kind of controversial-

1.) A Club "Bank"- A account with only the club's money on it- you can deposit money in, or take money out for IHJing related expense. There could be a starting out a required deposit of say $25,000 & people could put in more if they wanted, but there would be a minimum, so there is actual money in the account for people to use.

2.) A Club Freeze Account- It could be the same account as the Bank Account, but we put our old horses & champions we don't want to sell on it- they could be set up for stud upon request & the stud money put into the club bank, or given to the horses real owner.

3.) A Club Trainer- Preferably someone in the club (if not that's ok too) who could train the club horses, and mainly the club horses. This could be for a discounted or slightly higher price.

And those, where my 3 controversial suggestions :D
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm

Katy_Kanes wrote:
RenegadePegasus wrote:

Helllloooo. First off, hows y’alls projects going? Next, I have an idea. Maybe we should have an IHJ Trained horse auction! I can post it, and all of us can list some horses for sale and the starting bid. Tell me if you guys think it’s a good idea.
That's a great idea I think! I don't have any trained IHJ's ATM though.

I have a few ideas, but they may be kind of controversial-

1.) A Club "Bank"- A account with only the club's money on it- you can deposit money in, or take money out for IHJing related expense. There could be a starting out a required deposit of say $25,000 & people could put in more if they wanted, but there would be a minimum, so there is actual money in the account for people to use.

2.) A Club Freeze Account- It could be the same account as the Bank Account, but we put our old horses & champions we don't want to sell on it- they could be set up for stud upon request & the stud money put into the club bank, or given to the horses real owner.

3.) A Club Trainer- Preferably someone in the club (if not that's ok too) who could train the club horses, and mainly the club horses. This could be for a discounted or slightly higher price.

And those, where my 3 controversial suggestions :D
For the bank idea. I don’t want to have to take care of a club bank, also the hassle of preventing all sorts of fraud, theft and even accidental scandals. So, my idea on it is a bit opposed.

As for the club freeze account, I wouldn’t mind it, though a bit unnecessary, it would be cool to have more space. I assume we would go in chat room to get the username and password?

Now, for club trainer. I’m sure I can get a deal with a trainer, or I can train a few myself. Not many though, I have a long lineup.
Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm

Post by Katy_Kanes »

RenegadePegasus wrote: For the bank idea. I don’t want to have to take care of a club bank, also the hassle of preventing all sorts of fraud, theft and even accidental scandals. So, my idea on it is a bit opposed.

As for the club freeze account, I wouldn’t mind it, though a bit unnecessary, it would be cool to have more space. I assume we would go in chat room to get the username and password?

Now, for club trainer. I’m sure I can get a deal with a trainer, or I can train a few myself. Not many though, I have a long lineup.

Yep, I understand the bank idea, that could be difficult to manage, the freeze idea could work, & I'm sure a club trainer would be helpful.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

RenegadePegasus wrote:

Edit- we could all set aside 3-4 horses and get them trained. If I didn’t have time to train them myself( I actually don’t :lol:), I would recommend Veterinarian or Horzelover101. Both are low cost, efficient trainers.
I'm for it! No specific breed YET, so I'll have a spread. :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:17 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:17 pm