The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

The Belgian Horse

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
FrostyViolet
Visit My Farm

Re: The Belgian Horse

Post by FrostyViolet »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:Welcome! Love your choice in stallions - just saying. ;)

It took me a while to breed him, and I think he turned out perfectly. However, I would like his strength stats to improve just a tad. (Dove Land is my side account). If you want a partner in this project I would love to help. I don't have the time to really focus all my attention on the Belgian, but I just love them! So give me a shout if you need help with anything.
Hehe, thank you! Shockwave is a wonderful stallion and I'm very pleased with the foal I've got from him! I'll probably even re-breed my mare to him at some point~

I'll make sure to contact you if I ever need help! Also, feel free to contact me if you decide to focus on Belgians again, as I'd also love to help you out as well :D
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

FrostyViolet wrote:Hehe, thank you! Shockwave is a wonderful stallion and I'm very pleased with the foal I've got from him! I'll probably even re-breed my mare to him at some point~

I'll make sure to contact you if I ever need help! Also, feel free to contact me if you decide to focus on Belgians again, as I'd also love to help you out as well :D
I have a small herd of Belgians out of Shockwave, I'm trying to breed green strength into their breeders report. I know there is allot of demand out there right now for green strength, but it's proving to be quite the challenge.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
CloseEnough
Visit My Farm

Post by CloseEnough »

hello there, semi new breeder here. Started with Belgians cause I love feathering and work with a few outside here. But as I started breeding my first gen I realized that his first colt is already over 20 hands and he's still growing. That's bigger than the current world's largest horse. Is this just how the site is or did I just get really lucky with a colt?
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

CloseEnough wrote:hello there, semi new breeder here. Started with Belgians cause I love feathering and work with a few outside here. But as I started breeding my first gen I realized that his first colt is already over 20 hands and he's still growing. That's bigger than the current world's largest horse. Is this just how the site is or did I just get really lucky with a colt?
It's just this sight. I have a 22.1 hand Friesian a while back, horses in this game just get really frighteningly tall. Congrats on the colt!
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
FrostyViolet
Visit My Farm

Post by FrostyViolet »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:I have a small herd of Belgians out of Shockwave, I'm trying to breed green strength into their breeders report. I know there is allot of demand out there right now for green strength, but it's proving to be quite the challenge.
That's a great goal! I actually went and searched for some green strength stallions at stud, but there seems to be none.. (Although I did see some horses who did have great strength but were not up for stud.)
If you don't mind, I'll also try to breed for some green strength! (Does crossing two normal strength parents still give you the chance of a foal with green strength? Like, do stats have the chance to improve?)
CloseEnough wrote:hello there, semi new breeder here. Started with Belgians cause I love feathering and work with a few outside here. But as I started breeding my first gen I realized that his first colt is already over 20 hands and he's still growing. That's bigger than the current world's largest horse. Is this just how the site is or did I just get really lucky with a colt?
Hi! It's good to see another Belgian breeder :D
If you ever need help with anything, feel free to ask me! I'd love to help you out with any breeding projects etc
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

FrostyViolet wrote:That's a great goal! I actually went and searched for some green strength stallions at stud, but there seems to be none.. (Although I did see some horses who did have great strength but were not up for stud.)
If you don't mind, I'll also try to breed for some green strength! (Does crossing two normal strength parents still give you the chance of a foal with green strength? Like, do stats have the chance to improve?)
So far it looks like anything over 50 should be a green strength, even though I have a stallion with a strength of 62 and he is still not green. So I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. I was told it had something to do with the dam I was choosing, she had good strength but the two of them couldn't produce. I'm still trying it figure it out.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

LOOKING FOR!

I'm looking for some solid Belgian mares with a strength over 45 and average breeders report. I don't really care the color, but full blood mares. If anyone has a mare they aren't using anymore that would be perfect, I just need different types of Belgians mares to conduct an experiment. Nothing you think is really worth more than $5,000. Thanks!!
|A∀| Atherton Hills
FrostyViolet
Visit My Farm

Post by FrostyViolet »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:So far it looks like anything over 50 should be a green strength, even though I have a stallion with a strength of 62 and he is still not green. So I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. I was told it had something to do with the dam I was choosing, she had good strength but the two of them couldn't produce. I'm still trying it figure it out.
That's strange.. I hope your experiment goes well! Make sure to let me know if you find out anything :D if you need help, feel free to let me know!
(also, how do you see the stats of your horse? Is it something only upgraded players can do?)
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

I'm breeding COI% 0 Belgians. I'm just getting started so they aren't the best yet, but if anyone is interested I do sell a few of the foals.
FrostyViolet
Visit My Farm

Post by FrostyViolet »

WILD FLICKA wrote:I'm breeding COI% 0 Belgians. I'm just getting started so they aren't the best yet, but if anyone is interested I do sell a few of the foals.

I actually saw your thread in the farm log. I love that you're breeding COI% 0 horses, keep up the good work! :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:51 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:51 pm