Community Forum

The Belgian Horse

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Weaving
Visit My Farm

Re: The Belgian Horse

Post by Weaving »

sableantelope wrote:
Weaving wrote:Hi there, I'm totally new here, only joined yesterday and already addicted! I'm working on gathering together a few good Belgians, so far most of mine are from the adoption centre, though I have bred a couple (with some success, no reds yet!). If I progress with this as I hope to then I'd love to be a part of this breeding community?
How is the stamina? I can pay you 5k-10k for a breeding with a nice short legged, good stamina Belgian. :)
Tumno Bik in here >> http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/11010
He's probably the only thing I have that's near suitable, his stamina rates at 'decent' in the breeding report.
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Weaving wrote:Hi there, I'm totally new here, only joined yesterday and already addicted! I'm working on gathering together a few good Belgians, so far most of mine are from the adoption centre, though I have bred a couple (with some success, no reds yet!). If I progress with this as I hope to then I'd love to be a part of this breeding community?

Welcome! I totally understand the addiction, I joined just about three weeks ago and am just as addicted. How is your breeding program going? I would love to buy a horse from you, a mare preferably. I need to add a mare into the herd w/ good movement and agility. If you ever get one I'm willing to pay good money. :)
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Weaving
Visit My Farm

Post by Weaving »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:

Welcome! I totally understand the addiction, I joined just about three weeks ago and am just as addicted. How is your breeding program going? I would love to buy a horse from you, a mare preferably. I need to add a mare into the herd w/ good movement and agility. If you ever get one I'm willing to pay good money. :)
Thanks for the welcome! Breeding program is plodding along slowly, movement seems to be the stat I'm really struggling with, but I'll give you a shout if I make any headway with it!
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Weaving wrote:
Rodeo_Ace wrote:

Thanks for the welcome! Breeding program is plodding along slowly, movement seems to be the stat I'm really struggling with, but I'll give you a shout if I make any headway with it!
Awesome! How are your other stats?
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Weaving
Visit My Farm

Post by Weaving »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:Awesome! How are your other stats?
Not anything to write home about, but I've had a couple of fillies with no negatives so I figure that's as good a start as any! I'll be sure to post on here when I get anything notification worthy :)
Weaving
Visit My Farm

Post by Weaving »

So possibly its a bit premature, but I've been playing around breeding and I've come up with a filly who just might be great...
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/166086
She's only been in level 8 and below events so far which will in part account for the high w/p/s ratio, but she holds a good few records now and is going to be entered in grown up events soon!
darklass
Visit My Farm

Post by darklass »

how do you join Belgian communities ?
Xant’hippe
Visit My Farm

Post by Xant’hippe »

For your consideration:

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/161004 Solar Power

Green Intelligence; other traits typical of breed. 77 progeny as of this posting.

Supreme Master Grand Champion in Log Pull; visible in Belgian competition rankings.

Body size 92.5%; Type 91% (Very heavy) Pony, 18.3 hh, Belgian 5/5; Gold Cream with luxuriant white feathering.
FrostyViolet
Visit My Farm

Post by FrostyViolet »

Hello, everyone! I'm new to HWO and I'm planning to breed Belgians as my major focus, as they are the breed I started out with. So far, I only have one mare I got from the adoption center. She's currently expecting a foal from Shockwave and I hope that it'll turn out beautifully :)

Update: Foal has been born! I'm quite pleased :D
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

FrostyViolet wrote:Hello, everyone! I'm new to HWO and I'm planning to breed Belgians as my major focus, as they are the breed I started out with. So far, I only have one mare I got from the adoption center. She's currently expecting a foal from Shockwave and I hope that it'll turn out beautifully :)

Update: Foal has been born! I'm quite pleased :D
Welcome! Love your choice in stallions - just saying. ;)

It took me a while to breed him, and I think he turned out perfectly. However, I would like his strength stats to improve just a tad. (Dove Land is my side account). If you want a partner in this project I would love to help. I don't have the time to really focus all my attention on the Belgian, but I just love them! So give me a shout if you need help with anything.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Become a Patron!