The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Hanoverian

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Re: Hanoverian

Post by Questhaven »

Chelle wrote:
I was worried about this too when I started adding color into my dutch warmblood herd. But I know in real life there are many warmblood registries (especially Oldenburg and Rheinland-Pfalz-Saar ) that do allow color. Whether or not that will be incorporated on hwo I am not sure (I still have many of my solid colored broodmares/stallions kept on hold in case it's not). This rl farm i linked below is an example of some pretty prestigious painted warmblood horses that are registered.
http://www.silverwoodfarm.com/stallions.html

Believe me, I have been tempted but RL Hanoverian registry is pretty strict from what I gather prohibiting horses with too much white,buckskins, palominos and cremellos. I wish I had kept out those colors but I didn't.
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Questhaven wrote:
Rodeo_Ace wrote:Smart! It is a virus though, I can't find to many decent animals anymore because of it, all the breeders with "colorless" stock aren't selling - like you - and hoping the virus will pass. It is fun though, I started two color programs just to see what will happen.

Do you know if we will ever have to do registration?
If you see anyone in my barn you want to breed to or buy, let me know.

You just made my day! I'll definitely keep my eye out. Thanks!
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

Katstica wrote:This little girl is so strange! She looks nothing like either of her parents and is so TINY. Have no idea how I ended up with this little pipsqueak.

Expected her to be grey, but she ended up a solid bay. Not to mention that she has +18 movement confo, and I have NO IDEA where that came from. Her sire has -2 movement confo, and mother wasn't anything notable either. She's a funny little gal for sure.
Would you be interested in selling Summer Rain? My boys are monsters and I could use some short genes.
Katstica
Visit My Farm

Post by Katstica »

QuesthavenFarms wrote: Would you be interested in selling Summer Rain? My boys are monsters and I could use some short genes.
Sorry! She sold months ago to another player.
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Katstica wrote:
QuesthavenFarms wrote: Would you be interested in selling Summer Rain? My boys are monsters and I could use some short genes.
Sorry! She sold months ago to another player.

Sorry! :oops: I need to be more observant!! She is nice though!
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Post by Questhaven »

Anyone looking for decent Hanoverians? I am getting to the point that I will not be keeping stock without Green and Gold traits unless they are breed by another breeder. I need to bring down my COI. I have a lot of Hanoverians and I am ready to focus to train and compete so I need to clear out a few. If someone is starting or wants some new blood, quote me here and I will post the ones I don't need. I don't normally sell I usually rehome but I got some good ones that I hate to rehome.
Also I have Brandenburgers (only 2 in game) and Westphalians for sale right now. All negotiable to someone who wants to use not rehome. Trying to get my numbers down...
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Post by Questhaven »

Just checking in here to see if anyone else is still focused on Hanoverians. I have been working on them since I started the game and have done some other projects mainly with color horses, This week I sold most of my color horses and I am focused on my Hanoverians. I am working toward GOLD movement mares and then on to Strength. I am also trying to create some new Hanoverians from existing market stock to help with my high COIs. I would love to exchange ideas and progress updates with other folks breeding these gorgeous horses.
FameDaLupa
Visit My Farm

Post by FameDaLupa »

Hello Hello

I started with breeding Hanoverians and I see that they are quite rare and underdevoleped.
@ Questhaven I am happy that there is someone else. You seemed to already have put a lot of effort in that breed.
I am just at the beginning and I am open for any ideas and exchange.
I am also breeding Holsteiner, because I am born the and grew up with that breed.

This the only mare I have:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1286936

Kind regards
Fame da Lupa
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

FameDaLupa wrote:Hello Hello

I started with breeding Hanoverians and I see that they are quite rare and underdevoleped.
@ Questhaven I am happy that there is someone else. You seemed to already have put a lot of effort in that breed.
I am just at the beginning and I am open for any ideas and exchange.
I am also breeding Holsteiner, because I am born the and grew up with that breed.

This the only mare I have:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1286936

Kind regards
Fame da Lupa
Glad to have someone else working on them. There were a few folks when I started a few years ago but I am not sure how many are still actively breeeding.
LlamaLlama99
Visit My Farm

Post by LlamaLlama99 »

Questhaven wrote:Just checking in here to see if anyone else is still focused on Hanoverians. I have been working on them since I started the game and have done some other projects mainly with color horses, This week I sold most of my color horses and I am focused on my Hanoverians. I am working toward GOLD movement mares and then on to Strength. I am also trying to create some new Hanoverians from existing market stock to help with my high COIs. I would love to exchange ideas and progress updates with other folks breeding these gorgeous horses.
I have just started breeding I have one mare and a TB that I have bred with a Holstein hopefully going to drop a hano. When I get more space I am hoping to expand my hano stock
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:30 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:30 am