The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Kiger Mustangs

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
KigerQueen
Visit My Farm

Kiger Mustangs

Post by KigerQueen »

I may be the only person interested in breeding Kigers on here but that's ok with me. I have 2 colts and one filly i have spent weeks trying to get (FINALLY!) my stud has good marks in the breed evaluation except in his body mass (he got poor on that one). my other colt is good across the board.

Anyway im hoping to connect with other Kiger breeders on here!

Anyway breed standard

OVERALL IMPRESSION: The Kiger Mustang is “baroque” in nature due to its round body contours with the neck arising from the top of the shoulder giving them an elegant, collected stance. The Kiger Mustang should be balanced in proportions and should move with ease and without wasted energy. The Kiger Mustang, on one hand, should give an impression of strength without being bulky while, on the other, should not be so refined as to convey frailty or extreme refinement.

HEIGHT: 13.2 to 16 Hands (preferred is 14 to 15.2). It has been observed that Kiger Mustangs bred in captivity attain a higher height than those Kiger Mustang from the wild range. (This may be due to a difference in nutrition.)

QUALITY: The Kiger Mustang should have clean, dense bone with sufficient substance, well developed joints and tendons, with a fine body coat, tractable temperament but with good spirit.

COLOR: Variations of the Dun factor color: Dun, Red Dun, Grulla, Claybank, Bay & Black.

MARKINGS: Most Kiger Mustangs have a dorsal stripe . Dorsal stripes may be difficult to see or photograph on some Bay and Black body colored horses. Herringbone stripes radiating from the dorsal are highly desirable. Leg barring should be present and expression can range from dark lacing to strong bars. Additional highly desirable dun factor markings include: wither stripes, shadows and bars on neck and chest, barring on the back of the ear, dark marks around the rim of the eye, dark line along the margin of the ear with dark tips, cobwebbing and/or sooty or shadow mask on the face. Mane and tail should be full, with moderate bi-coloring preferred. Lighter colored hair inside the ear is also a Kiger Mustang trait. White markings are not desired.

HEAD: Medium in size, clean cut and tapering slightly from jaw to muzzle. Head should be balanced and not overly refined. The profile side view can be straight, slightly sub-concave, or slightly sub-convex. Wide, clean cut lower jaw, medium fine muzzle with small and firm lips and medium nostrils. Ears should be medium in length, hooked at the tips on the inside and set wide apart and carried alert.

NECK: Medium length, arched, clean at the throatlatch, joined smoothly at the shoulder and deep at the point of the shoulder.

FOREHAND: Long shoulder at 45-50 degree slope, blending smoothly with well tapered withers. The withers are slightly higher than the point of the hip; well defined but not prominent. Forelegs should be moderately spaced with an inverted V appearance, however, without giving appearance of bulky chest muscling. Muscles in the shoulder and forearm should be long and lean. Viewed from the front, legs should be correct; viewed from the side, legs should be wide and lean.

BARREL: The body conformation of the Kiger Mustang is distinctive, with a deep chest, short back, broad and moderately muscled. The barrel is oval, with well-sprung ribs, and a full flank. The sternum should not protrude.

HINDQUARTER: The hind legs should be squarely set and so placed that the Kiger Mustang turns on his hindquarters with ease. The hips should be lightly rounded, with croup sloped gently with medium-low set tail. Muscles in the hip and thigh should be long and lean. The hocks should be wide, deep and clean. Viewed from the rear, the hind legs are usually closer at the hocks than the fetlocks, but not to the extreme.

CANNON: Short to medium, wide and flat with tendons standing well out from the bone and well defined.

PASTERN: Pasterns should be clean and strong, of medium length, the slope to correlate with the slope of the shoulder. Fetlock joint should not be round, but rather wide. Fetlocks should be scarce of feathering.

HOOVES: The hoof is dense with thick walls and recessed sole and frog. The Kiger Mustang hoof tends to be round to oblong, be of medium size, and have more heel, steeper hoof angles and are dark in color.

ACTION: Light, lively, tending toward higher than average leg action.

Xathrid
Visit My Farm

Re: Kiger Mustangs

Post by Xathrid »

I have one that's a mustang x kiger mustang, but I am not quite sure what to do with her! Interested in her, but clueless!
OregonPrideKigers
Visit My Farm

Post by OregonPrideKigers »

Hi Queen. (I was on AnotherHorseSim. Forgot my username.) You are on every game I have been on. Lol. I just started breeding Kigers today. I bought two of yours actually. Breeding Arabians until I can get more Kigers.
KigerQueen
Visit My Farm

Post by KigerQueen »

lol i was wondering when you would show up! if you are breeding arabians you should friend Babson Arabian. You still have my email? if not ill pm it to you on AHS :)! i also have some promising upcoming colts and fillies if you are interested. pm me ones you like or you can ask for a foal out of certain horses and its yours :).
KigerQueen
Visit My Farm

Post by KigerQueen »

Xathrid if you are wanting to get into kigers let me know as im willing to work with other kiger breeders. my one stud is just killing it in Dressage (with minimal training) and its hard to show him as there are not alot of shows over lvl 10.
KigerBreeder
Visit My Farm

Post by KigerBreeder »

I just made my first Kiger "from scratch". Completly pure bloodlines. So excited. And it's a filly! http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/148878
KigerQueen
Visit My Farm

Post by KigerQueen »

SWEET!!! pm me when you get a good stud as im desperate for new blood! i cant seam to recreate the breed from scratch. took me over a month of breeding the right combo just to get my first kigers.
KigerBreeder
Visit My Farm

Post by KigerBreeder »

I have a colt I do not need as his color is not what I'm looking for. Green intelligence. If you want to look...http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/10328 I'll give him to you if you know how to do that and are interested.
KigerBreeder
Visit My Farm

Post by KigerBreeder »

Sorry. Stiker is his name. He is a Palomino. http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/163682
KigerQueen
Visit My Farm

Post by KigerQueen »

Not the color im breeding for and his build is not quite right. thanks though. i may need to set a date up with his dam and my champion stud though :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:23 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:23 pm