The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Suffolk Punch

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
violincello1
Visit My Farm

Re: Suffolk Punch

Post by violincello1 »

Ok thank you
Neon
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon »

I have some good news! I have had another filly born, she is the half sister of the other two(same dam).
A lovely Buckskin

I have also had a little half bred colt born:
A bit smaller then the breed standards

I also have 2 mares out of about 20 of my mares, that i'm 80% sure will have Suffolk foals. I'll try and get them to foal by tonight but no guarantees.
I'll edit this post when they foal, and let you know if they are Suffolks or not.

(EDIT: The first mare was successful resulting in a colt that is not related to the others at all, in any way.
One green, hopefully chestnut

Still waiting on the second to foal.)

(EDIT2: The second mare also had a Suffolk colt. He's related to the palomino filly(the third Suffolk ever born) because they have the same sire.
Another lovely chestnut

He just happens to have rather good stats. I'm hoping for plenty more FILLIES like him.)
Warband
Visit My Farm

Post by Warband »

When ever you have the ability too, I will gladly pay highly for covers, with or without return. I forgot to mention that earlier. Suffolks are to be my main breeding. So the sooner i can get one of my own the sooner I can slow down cross breeding and encourage suffolks.
Neon
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon »

Warband wrote:When ever you have the ability too, I will gladly pay highly for covers, with or without return. I forgot to mention that earlier. Suffolks are to be my main breeding. So the sooner i can get one of my own the sooner I can slow down cross breeding and encourage suffolks.
I have a stud here that I can offer for stud to you, he's the first Suffolk, how much would you pay?
I also have some part-breds that I can sell, mainly the Appy X's.
Warband
Visit My Farm

Post by Warband »

Neon wrote:
Warband wrote:When ever you have the ability too, I will gladly pay highly for covers, with or without return. I forgot to mention that earlier. Suffolks are to be my main breeding. So the sooner i can get one of my own the sooner I can slow down cross breeding and encourage suffolks.
I have a stud here that I can offer for stud to you, he's the first Suffolk, how much would you pay?
I also have some part-breds that I can sell, mainly the Appy X's.
I can offer upto 25k per covering.
If you have a good suffolk cross I can offer the same amount 25k. (since it might be awhile to get it back to 100% pure)
Neon
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon »

Warband wrote:I can offer upto 25k per covering.
If you have a good suffolk cross I can offer the same amount 25k. (since it might be awhile to get it back to 100% pure)
I'll put him up now.
I'll take him down once you've bred to him, how many mares did you want to breed?
You can look though my crosses in my Suffolk X pasture
Let me know if you like any and offer, i'm not selling all of them though.
Warband
Visit My Farm

Post by Warband »

I did about 4 covers. With the 4 best mares for suffolk i had. I'll also look through the crosses to see what im interested in.
reyn
Visit My Farm

Post by reyn »

I've an excess Welsh Cob mare from new lines that I've put up for sale. She's also chestnut.

Chestnut Welsh Cob Mare
Warband
Visit My Farm

Post by Warband »

They all became fillies. Filly crosses at that. XD Should be fun figuring out how to get them not crossed. 0-0
Neon
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon »

reyn wrote:I've an excess Welsh Cob mare from new lines that I've put up for sale. She's also chestnut.

Chestnut Welsh Cob Mare
She's lovely! I bought her :)
Warband wrote:Warband
I'm so happy! I just got this amazing Suffolk Foal out of nowhere, I wasn't expecting him.
Check out his stats though! They're all good, apart from 2, that are average!
Beautiful Boy
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:44 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:44 pm