The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Suffolk Punch

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Warband
Visit My Farm

Suffolk Punch

Post by Warband »

The Suffolk Punch has landed!

The First Male

Code: Select all

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/256688
By Neon, and the First Female

Code: Select all

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/257467
also by neon. These are the first breeds of thier kind.

Will update as time goes on about the breed.
Goals
Breed a pair of punch's
Work to add one green Stat
Info about the Suffolk Punch

Breed with a Norfolk Trotter and Belgian, With Thoroughbred and welsh cob, the Suffolk punch is a medium range draft horse. ranging from 16-17hh, and creates 3 other breeds.
Last edited by Warband on Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neon
Visit My Farm

Re: Suffolk Punch

Post by Neon »

I am working on this breed too!
I have made my first few unsuccessful attempts and now have 3 pregnant mares that I think are promising. I'd love to share/swap offspring to bring more diversity into the breed once we both have some. What do you think?
I'm going to stick around the Suffolks for a little while before I move on again, but when I do move on I will probably be coming back to you for more haha.
Do let me know when you get your first one.
Good Luck! :)
Neon
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon »

Whoop whoop!! *Dances around*
First Suffolk Punch!!!

So excited! I never thought it would happen so soon! I only had about 15 failed attempts before this little colt showed up.
:D
Warband
Visit My Farm

Post by Warband »

Nice!

I've got a little over 5 mares that are 4* punch rated. These mares will hopefully be breeding one soon as well. I've been focusing more and more on conformation stats first, and breeding for the breed second. My stallion intense which i hope to cross breed back to a punch will hopefully pull three negatives into the black or green. Crossing fingers i have one coming soon myself. Currently it is just grade horses or low quality bells.
Neon
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon »

Warband wrote:Nice!

I've got a little over 5 mares that are 4* punch rated. These mares will hopefully be breeding one soon as well. I've been focusing more and more on conformation stats first, and breeding for the breed second. My stallion intense which i hope to cross breed back to a punch will hopefully pull three negatives into the black or green. Crossing fingers i have one coming soon myself. Currently it is just grade horses or low quality bells.
Thats awesome! I was originally working on getting neutral and good stats and I bred my worst mare by accident when she got stuck amongst my other mares and out of all of them, she was the only one whose foal turned out right haha. I have a different mare that is pregnant by accident now unfortunately...
Most of my Grades have nice stats, especially the colts :/
I'll let you know if I get one with some punches neutral stats, though i'm doubtful since my first billion attempts failed.

(EDIT: Here is the breeding report of one of my Grade Horses that I just got rid of: "Seems to have a fair amount of natural strength. About average running speed. From the looks of things, this mare has an average amount of stamina. Well, she knows what to do with her feet, moves well which is good. This mare has an average pace. Your mare is pretty balanced. Not only is this mare lithe, she's quick about it as well. This mare isn't dumb, but she isn't anything special."
Why are the good ones all useless? :/ )
Neon
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon »

Another one! I bred the same mare to the same stallion and got something a bit better stats wise.
Full sister to the first Suffolk

And her stats are all average(as I was hoping): This filly seems as strong as average. What more can I say? This filly has about average speed. Hard to tell, stamina-wise. Looks like she'll hold up though. Well, she knows what to do with her feet, moves well which is good. This filly keeps a nice, steady pace! This filly's balance is average. Seems fairly agile, but hard to say for sure. I'd say this filly is somewhat intelligent, ranging right between genius and fool.
Warband
Visit My Farm

Post by Warband »

If I can't catch anything before the colt turns three, do you have any plans on offering stud requests?
Neon
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon »

Warband wrote:If I can't catch anything before the colt turns three, do you have any plans on offering stud requests?
I could but i'd like to keep my lines more private until I can get myself more established in the breed, so it would be for you and you only. We'll have to figure out a plan so that it remains private. (Like perhaps I put him up really expensive and you sell me a horse at you would otherways rehome to me for the same price... And then I rehome the horse... :P)
We'll talk about it once he gets closer to breeding age.
violincello1
Visit My Farm

Post by violincello1 »

I am trying to get a vladimer draft horse can i use one of your lines to accopmish my goal.
Warband
Visit My Farm

Post by Warband »

Violin, As soon as I can manage a punch and get them to all have above -20 in each stat i'll begin selling covers when i finally am able to breed a punch.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 am