The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Tarpan

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
redster
Visit My Farm

Re: Tarpan

Post by redster »

Hey y'all, if you're looking to stud from an AC Tarpan boy with good conformation for other breeds and no red stats, hit this guy up sooner rather than later! He's in his 20's, so he could go at any time.

He's a good boy whose blood is prevalent in my Mongolians, but that's it. He's only got a couple of kids, and I know how aggravating it can be to find AC horses with no red stats, so I'm offering him for stud before he's gone.

Let me know if you'd like his breeding fee lowered or anything!

EDIT: Aww... and the reign of Bramble has finally ended. You served us well, buddy. :cry:
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

I bred Bramble to several mares before he passed, but there were just one too many colts resulting from it. So, here's the extra that needs a home. Handsome snowflake LP boy. No red stats, 0% COI.

fluffyfg
Visit My Farm

Post by fluffyfg »

I'm going to concentrate on Tarpans in my second stable. I intend to breed high HGP horses close to the breed standard. However, at the moment I have trouble finding horses other than foundation. If anyone is already selling or studing high quality Tarpans, please let me know.
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

fluffyfg wrote:I'm going to concentrate on Tarpans in my second stable. I intend to breed high HGP horses close to the breed standard. However, at the moment I have trouble finding horses other than foundation. If anyone is already selling or studing high quality Tarpans, please let me know.
Hi there! I have a couple 60k HGP Tarpans up for stud:

I am also selling higher HGP tarpans from time to time, but my HGP has dropped since I’m trying to get mine back to breed standards too. :lol:

I can ping you when I have some for sale if you like? I may also be interested in doing trades!
fluffyfg
Visit My Farm

Post by fluffyfg »

Ziel wrote: I am also selling higher HGP tarpans from time to time, but my HGP has dropped since I’m trying to get mine back to breed standards too. :lol:

I can ping you when I have some for sale if you like? I may also be interested in doing trades!
Haha, I have already been doing a lot of breeding to that first one! I think he is in nearly every pedigree of my herd now.
I'd be very interested in doing trades! But I must warn you that I rely very much on inbreeding to increase HGP (a lot of people don't like that practice).
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

fluffyfg wrote:
Ziel wrote: I am also selling higher HGP tarpans from time to time, but my HGP has dropped since I’m trying to get mine back to breed standards too. :lol:

Haha, I have already been doing a lot of breeding to that first one! I think he is in nearly every pedigree of my herd now.
I'd be very interested in doing trades! But I must warn you that I rely very much on inbreeding to increase HGP (a lot of people don't like that practice).
Honestly - I do, too. I line-breed, since it's rare to find Tarpans with good HGP on the market, so I have to keep breeding back to my own. :Y Same with the other breeds I work with - either they lack high HGP individuals on the market, or they lack individuals with the conformation I'm aiming for. :lol:

Honestly, some of the highest HGP / statted horses on the market have a CRAZY high COI. So until penalties are implemented for inbred horses, I see no point in avoiding it - you simply can't compete against the highest stat horses if you try to avoid high COI. :roll: Therefore, I'll worry about COI when the game implements penalties and forces breeders onto a more level playing field. ;)
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

Someone looking for an okish purebred stallion? Coi is a bit high, but already lower than his dam (which was the culprit). His evals for other breeds are ok too I think.

Yin Dúyào

5* Exmoor; 4* Mongolian, Sorraia
47,9 HGP; 22% COI

green temp
good: spd, bal, agil, int
average: str, stam, mov

Bay Dun (E_ A_ D_ Sty/n? Lp/n?)
fluffyfg
Visit My Farm

Post by fluffyfg »

Ziel wrote:
fluffyfg wrote:
Honestly - I do, too. I line-breed, since it's rare to find Tarpans with good HGP on the market, so I have to keep breeding back to my own. :Y Same with the other breeds I work with - either they lack high HGP individuals on the market, or they lack individuals with the conformation I'm aiming for. :lol:

Honestly, some of the highest HGP / statted horses on the market have a CRAZY high COI. So until penalties are implemented for inbred horses, I see no point in avoiding it - you simply can't compete against the highest stat horses if you try to avoid high COI. :roll: Therefore, I'll worry about COI when the game implements penalties and forces breeders onto a more level playing field. ;)
I agree. At some point it becomes impossible to find unrelated high HGP horses. Maybe if I worked with popular breeds like Arabians or Thoroughbreds, but I keep Bashkir Curly in my main account, and now Tarpans in my second. My Bashkir Curly are now at a level where can hardly find any horses that won't bring down the HGP.

I used to line breed, too, but after a while I stopped paying attention to lineage altogether. My Bashkir Curly are ridiculously inbred - most have a COI over 70. As you say, there is no penalty, and I don't breed to compete anyway. I just want to see how high HGP can get.

I wonder, is there a breeding community for high HGP horses in general?
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

fluffyfg wrote:
Ziel wrote: Honestly - I do, too. I line-breed, since it's rare to find Tarpans with good HGP on the market, so I have to keep breeding back to my own. :Y Same with the other breeds I work with - either they lack high HGP individuals on the market, or they lack individuals with the conformation I'm aiming for. :lol:

I agree. At some point it becomes impossible to find unrelated high HGP horses. Maybe if I worked with popular breeds like Arabians or Thoroughbreds, but I keep Bashkir Curly in my main account, and now Tarpans in my second. My Bashkir Curly are now at a level where can hardly find any horses that won't bring down the HGP.

I used to line breed, too, but after a while I stopped paying attention to lineage altogether. My Bashkir Curly are ridiculously inbred - most have a COI over 70. As you say, there is no penalty, and I don't breed to compete anyway. I just want to see how high HGP can get.

I wonder, is there a breeding community for high HGP horses in general?
I've posted this somewhere before but it looks like it wasn't here so I'm sharing it again. This is a breeding plan (for sheep but can be applied to horses) which details how to create three separate sire lines from one male and four females I'm going to try this with new imports while continuing to breed my current line. Hopefully this will help us curb some of the higher COI which would put us ahead of the game if penalties are introduced later.

Breeding Plan
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

I have a couple higher HGP Tarpans for sale:

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:36 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:36 pm