The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Tarpan

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Earienlasgalen
Visit My Farm

Re: Tarpan

Post by Earienlasgalen »

I got lucky at the adoption center when I started and got this guy if you want to use new blood!

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1140254

but I've had no such luck with mares, I have rehomed a fair amount of them
hikko
Visit My Farm

Post by hikko »

I've just noticed that most of the stallions from the september post are still up for stud which is good. I will try using onyx aspen and blueberry mocassin but they still have only one green and zero golg... compared to arabians, tarpans seem to receive little love...
Earienlasgalen
Visit My Farm

Post by Earienlasgalen »

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1144154
that's what I would call a great tarpan stallion ! why isn't it up for stud * cry*
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

hikko wrote:I've just noticed that most of the stallions from the september post are still up for stud which is good. I will try using onyx aspen and blueberry mocassin but they still have only one green and zero golg... compared to arabians, tarpans seem to receive little love...
Yes they are slower to improve since they haven't been used much.
Qim
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

Hey guys!
I've got a decent tarpan stallion up for ya, as an attempt to contribute a bit to the improvement of the breed :)
Should be good for Sorraia breeding as well, since he's a tad heavier.

Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

Qim wrote:Hey guys!
I've got a decent tarpan stallion up for ya, as an attempt to contribute a bit to the improvement of the breed :)

Wow, he's awesome! :0 I'll bookmark him for my project!

I've been working with Tarpan / Przewalski crosses to better the breeds - I don't have any stallions as nice as that boy, BUT I do have a few with decent / average stats for cheaper stud.

Tarpan [100%]
- REPORT -
Positive: Stamina (+38), Balance (+32), Tempo (+13), Intelligence
Average: Speed (+13)
Negative: Movement (+39), Strength (+29), Agility (+27)
NO REDS!
Evals: 4 Exmoor / Konik / Mongolian / Prezwalski / Riwoche
HGP: 31,001

Przewalski Horse x Tarpan [50%]
- REPORT -
Positive: Balance (+32), Strength (+25), Tempo (+17), Intelligence
Average: Agility (+31), Stamina (+26), Speed (+15),
Negative: Movement (+34)
NO REDS!
Evals: 5 Tarpan, 4 Konik / Mongolian
HGP: 32,515

North African Barb x Tarpan [50%]
- REPORT -
Positive: Movement (+36), Stamina (+35), Tempo (+26), Balance (+25), Speed (+22), Intelligence
Average: Agility (+40)
Negative: Strength (+26)
NO REDS!
Evals: 5 Bosnian, 4 Kirgiz / Riwoche
HGP: 33,201

I'll have more as I continue work on the project. :)
Earienlasgalen
Visit My Farm

Post by Earienlasgalen »

Qim wrote:Hey guys!

wow, that guy's got impressive stats! I'm going to use him for sure. It's a pity that he does not seem to carry dun (one of my criterias for my project).

If you guys are interested here is a pasture where you can find a few tarpan/tarpan crosses I can put up for stud if you need them:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/70138

my best guess to better tarpan stock while keeping the original colour of the breed would be ( once he is old enough):

Ulrich An Avel
Qim
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

Ziel wrote:I've been working with Tarpan / Przewalski crosses to better the breeds - I don't have any stallions as nice as that boy, BUT I do have a few with decent / average stats for cheaper stud.
Looks awesome, keep up the good work :D
Earienlasgalen wrote:It's a pity that he does not seem to carry dun (one of my criterias for my project).
For sure, and I'll have another line of dun Tarpans, to keep the original aspect of the breed, while this one can be used for cross breeding for those breeds where other colors are the norm (my thoughts, tho) :)
Mirabitur
Visit My Farm

Post by Mirabitur »

i'm currently working on making my tarpans full blooded, working back from breeding for higher stats
Qim
Visit My Farm

Post by Qim »

Anyone interested in this filly? She's got a good breeder's report and a gp of 55.908, so I'd rather not rehome her. $500 :)

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:53 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:53 pm