The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Appaloosa or Walkaloosa?

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Wild Mustang Stables
Visit My Farm

Appaloosa or Walkaloosa?

Post by Wild Mustang Stables »

How do you breed these two breeds? They're my favs but I can't figure it out. I can imagine walkaloosa is tenesse walking horse and appaloosa, but how do you get appaloosa? Any help would be appreciated. :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Appaloosa or Walkaloosa?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Wild Mustang Stables wrote:How do you breed these two breeds? They're my favs but I can't figure it out. I can imagine walkaloosa is tenesse walking horse and appaloosa, but how do you get appaloosa? Any help would be appreciated. :D
It looks like you've just joined. I would recommend that you take a walk through our help sections. They are extensive, but they will answer almost every question you might have during your learning phase.

To answer your question, if you look under Help, Breeds Wiki, you will find that the Appaloosa can be bred by using a horse of the Spanish Jennet breed and crossing it to a horse that is a Quarter Horse and Mustang cross.
To breed the Walkaloosa, you will need a horse of the Tennessee Walking breed and a horse of the Appaloosa breed.
However, making these crosses will only get you a Chance of creating the breed, it doesn't guarantee that you'll succeed.
Wild Mustang Stables
Visit My Farm

Thanks!!
Wild Mustang Stables
Visit My Farm

And yeah, I joined 2 days ago :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:39 pm