The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Breeding extinct breeds

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
nb112414
Visit My Farm

Breeding extinct breeds

Post by nb112414 »

Any information helps! Thank you :D
nb112414
Visit My Farm

Re: Breeding extinct breeds

Post by nb112414 »

Please help! I bred a Spanish Barb and a Criollo and the foal is labeled as 50% Spanish and 50% Criollo, why isn't it labeled as a Chilean Corralero?
tussock
Visit My Farm

Post by tussock »

I do, for the breed quest.

The breed in itself isn't as important as the horse's induvidual stats. You usually get the best result by breeding 5* of each breed. Not always though. I breed Norikers among other breeds, I have them because I needed them for Avelingese and Haflinger. This is a 5*Noriker stud I've got, he full fill every part of his breeds standard. But both those breeds I need his breed for is way smaller than any of the breeds used to get them. So I decided to breed small Norikers and ended up with this 0*Noriker ... As you can see, they are like night and day. Even if both of them are consindered to be pure breeds. The small one is useless for breeding Avelingese and Haflinger.

You can test out how close to the breedstandard they are by buying a book for the breed. The cheapest way to do this is by only buying the book of the breed you want to breed in this case Chilean Corralero. Then you test all horses in the mix - in other words Criollos and Spanish Barbs, studs and your own or horses you plan on buying against the Chilean Corralero book. And the horses that has closest to 5* you breed and hope for the best. You will still end up with some 50/50 mixes because everything must be just right before you get the new breed.
Psycho0912
Visit My Farm

Post by Psycho0912 »

nb112414 wrote:Please help! I bred a Spanish Barb and a Criollo and the foal is labeled as 50% Spanish and 50% Criollo, why isn't it labeled as a Chilean Corralero?
it's a chance to get one. I tried many times to breed Mongolian and finally bought the evaluation book, looked for 2 horses with the best eval scores for mongolian and I got a Mongolian! (still a chance though).
maybe you can try that for the Chilean Corralero?
Psycho0912
Visit My Farm

Post by Psycho0912 »

*EP* First Hope

I'm so proud of this little guy.
He's my first (purebred) Altai.
I post this so you can look back in his pedigree how I bred him.
his parents are according to the evaluation book *3 and *5 Altai.
*5 is the maximum and the highest chance of getting one.
I think before I finally succeeded I tried 20 times with different mares and rehomed all the useless mixes.

I hope this helps, you can look at the 'Breeds Wiki' to find out which mixes you have to breed together for a chance to get your extinct horse.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:55 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:55 pm