The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Summer Updates

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Summer Updates

Post by larissar »

Summer Updates

Coolers, Flysheets, Breeding Changes and New Player Bonus

You may have already noticed the new addition of Flysheets and Cooler Blankets added to the tack shop last week, but here are a few other new changes added in today.

Breeding Energy
Breeding horses will now use 10% energy. This means a stallion can breed 10 times but will then have to age up to continue breeding. This change is to help prevent immortal stallions kept on accounts that aren't advancing time. We would love to hear your feedback on this feature, we may adjust the energy cost depending on player feedback.

Player Bonus - Increase Maximum Horses
This has been a highly requested addition. Many players want to own more than the maximum of 211 horses and have expressed interested in a purchasable option to increase how many horses thy can own. In response we've decided to add in a Player Bonus which will increase your maximum horses by 25%. This means adding an additional 53 horses to the maximum.
Visit the Player Bonus Store for more information.
mora098
Visit My Farm

Re: Summer Updates

Post by mora098 »

I really like the new stuff! Just one thing isn't quite clear for me, If I use someone else's s stallion from the studs market I'll make that person's horse loose some energy? Thanks :)
SageFeather145
Visit My Farm

Post by SageFeather145 »

Any news on white patterns?
CrownRoyalEquestrian
Visit My Farm

Post by CrownRoyalEquestrian »

Well that... might make the more fragile breeds even more fragile. I agree, it's realistic and could encourage breed growth by pushing stallions to turn over to a newer and hopefully better generation. But the 'barely hanging on' breeds and the ones not yet improved could suffer. The Norfolk Trotter is quickly fading out some for instance. And I can't create a new breed no matter how hard I try, so now I'm even more concerned I'll never get to the American Saddlebred... heck I can't even get to the first ingredient/breed needed for the American Saddlebred. I hope someday that'll get much easier. That if you do everything right and the foal comes out 4/5 or 5/5 for the new breed - they'll just BE the new breed. It's so frustrating, the constant fails, and getting such good evals anyway for the breed you were aiming for out of the 'foal fail'.
Zebracat1234
Visit My Farm

Post by Zebracat1234 »

CrownRoyalEquestrian wrote:Well that... might make the more fragile breeds even more fragile. I agree, it's realistic and could encourage breed growth by pushing stallions to turn over to a newer and hopefully better generation. But the 'barely hanging on' breeds and the ones not yet improved could suffer. The Norfolk Trotter is quickly fading out some for instance. And I can't create a new breed no matter how hard I try, so now I'm even more concerned I'll never get to the American Saddlebred... heck I can't even get to the first ingredient/breed needed for the American Saddlebred. I hope someday that'll get much easier. That if you do everything right and the foal comes out 4/5 or 5/5 for the new breed - they'll just BE the new breed. It's so frustrating, the constant fails, and getting such good evals anyway for the breed you were aiming for out of the 'foal fail'.

I have to agree, the not so common breeds are going to be what suffers here.
Chincoteague Ponies | Thoroughbreds
rosie0922
Visit My Farm

Post by rosie0922 »

What happened with the paint colors?
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

We are still working on paints. The system is done and it works. Right now we are just completing the artwork.
hdmcminn
Visit My Farm

Post by hdmcminn »

CrownRoyalEquestrian wrote:Well that... might make the more fragile breeds even more fragile. I agree, it's realistic and could encourage breed growth by pushing stallions to turn over to a newer and hopefully better generation. But the 'barely hanging on' breeds and the ones not yet improved could suffer. The Norfolk Trotter is quickly fading out some for instance. And I can't create a new breed no matter how hard I try, so now I'm even more concerned I'll never get to the American Saddlebred... heck I can't even get to the first ingredient/breed needed for the American Saddlebred. I hope someday that'll get much easier. That if you do everything right and the foal comes out 4/5 or 5/5 for the new breed - they'll just BE the new breed. It's so frustrating, the constant fails, and getting such good evals anyway for the breed you were aiming for out of the 'foal fail'.
Not only that but it won't impact the players who refuse to age out their horses to make the game more fun but it will discourage players from wanting to offer up their stallions for stud. I think it's problematic.
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

We are making it so you won't be able to keep horses forever and still use them. Taking energy to breed is the first step to stop people keeping horses forever without aging them.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

I like these changes.
Having forever studs is fine and dandy, but at some point the game must move forward. I don't keep forever studs because they've got good stats or that they throw good foals, the forever studs I have access to and use are simply for completing quests. It may make it a bit tougher to accomplish some of these goals... That's not really a big deal. Our community is small still, it'll come in time.

I have a side suggestion, now that energy will be used for studs, if the player is inactive and the stud can no longer be used, can they disappear from the stud market list? Some of those lists are quite extensive and if half of those are posted from inactive players and have been completely used up... it would take finding a stud available (not just a stud that is acceptable to personal goals) to perhaps ridiculous time-wasted lengths.

I also like the addition of increased horses and personally like the amount set for purchase of it.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:58 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:58 am