The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Summer Updates

Official announcements about the new game.
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Summer Updates

Post by Tom »

We are aware of the issues with the "For Stud" pages. To be honest it needed work before the update and it's on our list of things to rework.

Please keep in mind that we can see a lot of data about what is happening in the game. We know how much breeding is happening etc. and are looking closely at trends. So far everything is going according to plan and the changes to breeding have had the effect we wanted. Trust that we aren't just making random changes to how the game works, and if in the end things didn't work out we would of course change things back. :)
Pearl
Visit My Farm

Post by Pearl »

Tom wrote:We are aware of the issues with the "For Stud" pages. To be honest it needed work before the update and it's on our list of things to rework.

Please keep in mind that we can see a lot of data about what is happening in the game. We know how much breeding is happening etc. and are looking closely at trends. So far everything is going according to plan and the changes to breeding have had the effect we wanted. Trust that we aren't just making random changes to how the game works, and if in the end things didn't work out we would of course change things back. :)
I have yet to be upset with any changes you guys have made. I trust you entirely. :D
Bombicilla
Visit My Farm

Post by Bombicilla »

It would be better if you introduced such a system into competitions, not into breeding. What's the point of killing an already dead breeding, if all the same is enough to get one horse and get it money and points for an infinitely long time? This update does not stimulate a change of generations. It will be stimulated only by competitions. And geldings.
Geidim O'in
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Geidim O'in »

Bombicilla wrote:It would be better if you introduced such a system into competitions, not into breeding. What's the point of killing an already dead breeding, if all the same is enough to get one horse and get it money and points for an infinitely long time? This update does not stimulate a change of generations. It will be stimulated only by competitions. And geldings.
How would geldings stimulate generation changes? I mean, I agree with everything else, but aren't geldings just normal male horses that have been neutered? Wouldn't that hurt the breeding problems more than anything else?
Bombicilla
Visit My Farm

Post by Bombicilla »

Geidim O'in wrote:
Bombicilla wrote:It would be better if you introduced such a system into competitions, not into breeding. What's the point of killing an already dead breeding, if all the same is enough to get one horse and get it money and points for an infinitely long time? This update does not stimulate a change of generations. It will be stimulated only by competitions. And geldings.
How would geldings stimulate generation changes? I mean, I agree with everything else, but aren't geldings just normal male horses that have been neutered? Wouldn't that hurt the breeding problems more than anything else?
Selling horses for competitions is a big and profitable niche. But breeders are afraid to sell stallions, because their gene pool will spread out and all their efforts will go to waste. The geldings will solve this problem.
Geidim O'in
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Geidim O'in »

Bombicilla wrote:
Geidim O'in wrote:
Selling horses for competitions is a big and profitable niche. But breeders are afraid to sell stallions, because their gene pool will spread out and all their efforts will go to waste. The geldings will solve this problem.
Ah, okay, that makes sense. I've been wondering for a while now why people were so interested in having geldings, never considered it for preventing gene pool spread.
SeinaMacabre
Visit My Farm

Post by SeinaMacabre »

• I really dont understand this update with breeding? I bought a NAB from Adoption Centre havent bred him once and he doesnt have breeding from the beginning even though other one I bought could be bred several times right away? Why?
    This is the horse in question - https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1449249

EDIT: still not breedable :cry:
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

SeinaMacabre wrote:
  • I really dont understand this update with breeding? I bought a NAB from Adoption Centre havent bred him once and he doesnt have breeding from the beginning even though other one I bought could be bred several times right away? Why?
    This is the horse in question - https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1449249

Your horse is in a barn and you aren't feeding it. Try moving the horse to a pasture so it can eat the grass or give the horse high energy feed so it can recover.
SeinaMacabre
Visit My Farm

Post by SeinaMacabre »

Tom wrote:
SeinaMacabre wrote:

Your horse is in a barn and you aren't feeding it. Try moving the horse to a pasture so it can eat the grass or give the horse high energy feed so it can recover.
  • So breeding energy is related to energy of horse from feeding? Thought it was only turn-based recovery. I am really not a fan of this update :roll:
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

SeinaMacabre wrote:
Tom wrote:
  • So breeding energy is related to energy of horse from feeding? Thought it was only turn-based recovery. I am really not a fan of this update :roll:
Energy only recovers when you take a turn if the horse is being fed enough to recover energy. If all you are doing is breeding then grass should be enough. It has been this way since feed was put in.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:45 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:45 pm