The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Unlimited number of horses in a Paddock?

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
Neon4
Visit My Farm

Unlimited number of horses in a Paddock?

Post by Neon4 »

I was thinking... There is a limit on the number of horses you can put in one paddock, which is fine because when the paddock in full of normal sized horses the grass can be kept down, but i find that because my ponies are so small, they don't eat much and there is always so much extra grass. I personally prefer for the horses to keep the grass down on their own rather than having to mow it all the time. So maybe a suggestion for the future could be to have unlimited horses in a paddock, and the thing stopping people from filling them up past a certain point be, instead, the fact that with too many horses there won't be enough grass.
This would be great because it would mean I can fit more into one pasture and also the grass will be kept down by the ponies. People with bigger horses will have to spread them out more, just like in real life.
Here is an example: We have 5 horses and about 13 ponies. We give 8 of the ponies full range of a paddock and it will be fine, however if we give our 5 horses free range of the same paddock, they will go hungry.

This would be a great thing to change, maybe it could be added at the same time as pasture breeding? (I know thats a long time away(i'm guessing(I can't wait tbh) but I don't know), it isn't really that urgent, it's just an idea.)
Argent II
Visit My Farm

Re: Unlimited number of horses in a Paddock?

Post by Argent II »

I've suggested various options for pasture stocking, including this exact solution. Larissa declined them because of the strain loading pages might put on slower computers.

(14:43:36) Nate: argie goes around the farm at foaling time with a tape measurer, an angle measurer, and a club
Neon4
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon4 »

Oh darn I was really hoping this could be a thing
Bold Spirit
Visit My Farm

Post by Bold Spirit »

Neon4 wrote:I was thinking... There is a limit on the number of horses you can put in one paddock, which is fine because when the paddock in full of normal sized horses the grass can be kept down, but i find that because my ponies are so small, they don't eat much and there is always so much extra grass. I personally prefer for the horses to keep the grass down on their own rather than having to mow it all the time. So maybe a suggestion for the future could be to have unlimited horses in a paddock, and the thing stopping people from filling them up past a certain point be, instead, the fact that with too many horses there won't be enough grass.
This would be great because it would mean I can fit more into one pasture and also the grass will be kept down by the ponies. People with bigger horses will have to spread them out more, just like in real life.
Here is an example: We have 5 horses and about 13 ponies. We give 8 of the ponies full range of a paddock and it will be fine, however if we give our 5 horses free range of the same paddock, they will go hungry.

This would be a great thing to change, maybe it could be added at the same time as pasture breeding? (I know thats a long time away(i'm guessing(I can't wait tbh) but I don't know), it isn't really that urgent, it's just an idea.)
I think it would take away from the fun of buying barns and all if we could put all our horses in 1 barn or pasture or whatever.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:22 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:22 am