The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

St. Lawrence Competition

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
vallers
Visit My Farm

Re: St. Lawrence Competition

Post by vallers »

Woodstock wrote:
WichitaFeather wrote:ping
Jacksonstorm stables wrote:Ping
mora098 wrote:ping
Vallers wrote:Ping
Sunken_Hill_Stables wrote:Ping
Nightmare Moon wrote:Ping
Stormchase Stables wrote:Ping
Hello everyone, the end of the contest is here and therefore I would like to ask each of you to submit your top 1-3 horses for me to score. Just link a horse or two in a reply to this post and I will tally them up tomorrow.

Happy choosing and let the scoring begin.
I withdraw, I ended up selling all my horses to other players.
mora098
Visit My Farm

Post by mora098 »

Woodstock wrote:
Hello everyone, the end of the contest is here and therefore I would like to ask each of you to submit your top 1-3 horses for me to score. Just link a horse or two in a reply to this post and I will tally them up tomorrow.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1414576 http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1423579
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1426141 my entries :)
Dressage,racing and brandenburgers breeder, contact me through the forum or PM if you need me :)
Nightmare Moon
Visit My Farm

Post by Nightmare Moon »

Woodstock wrote:

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1405015 http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1400682 AND http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1404998 :D
Woodstock
Visit My Farm

Post by Woodstock »

I have calculated all horses that have been requested plus the ones from the St. Lawrence rankings page and these are the top five horses:
Sunken_Hill_Stables wrote:Your horse ×SH× For the Gold has won with a total of 781 points! To collect your prize money please put up a rehome-able horse and I will offer $100k.
Mora098 wrote:Your horses have come in second, third and fourth in the following order,

{MM} Patriotic Secrets second with 672 points,
{MM} F st lawrence third with 318 points and
{MM} Searching Ballet fourth with 312 points.
Please put a rehome-able horse up for offers and I will offer $145,000 on the one horse for your combined total from all three placings.
WichitaFeather wrote:Your horse ℱℋ Reguarded has come in fifth with 218 points. Please put up a rehome-able horse for me to offer on so I can give you your $12,500 prize.
As stated in the original rules i still need all original horses that i gave to you back at this time.
Thank you for a great contest and look out for something similar in the distant future with Persian Arabians? quite possibly.
Nightmare Moon
Visit My Farm

Post by Nightmare Moon »

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1341818
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1341830
Mushroom will be put up for sale after you get Carmel Apple ;)

Thanks for the fun Competition :D
WichitaFeather
Visit My Farm

Post by WichitaFeather »

Woodstock wrote:I have calculated all horses that have been requested plus the ones from the St. Lawrence rankings page and these are the top five horses:
Sunken_Hill_Stables wrote:Your horse ×SH× For the Gold has won with a total of 781 points! To collect your prize money please put up a rehome-able horse and I will offer $100k.
Mora098 wrote:Your horses have come in second, third and fourth in the following order,

Please put a rehome-able horse up for offers and I will offer $145,000 on the one horse for your combined total from all three placings.
WichitaFeather wrote:Your horse ℱℋ Reguarded has come in fifth with 218 points. Please put up a rehome-able horse for me to offer on so I can give you your $12,500 prize.
As stated in the original rules i still need all original horses that i gave to you back at this time.
Thank you for a great contest and look out for something similar in the distant future with Persian Arabians? quite possibly.
No need to give me a prize, I had fun doing it.
Thank you anyways though!
One of the mares I have right now are pregnant, I can ping you once they have given birth and I can put them up for offers for you.

First Mare
(pregnant)
Second
(Up for offers for you)
Last edited by WichitaFeather on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

not the persian arabian.........
Sunken Hill Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunken Hill Stables »

Thank you so much Woodstock for this contest. I had a lot of fun and quite a few challenges over the past month. I will always be grateful for this experience and the lessons that I learned.

Congratulations everyone!
WichitaFeather
Visit My Farm

Post by WichitaFeather »

Woodstock wrote:I have calculated all horses that have been requested plus the ones from the St. Lawrence rankings page and these are the top five horses:

She is now up
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1376484
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

Woodstock wrote:
Minimal Background Info
The St. Lawrence was one of three sub-types of the Canadian Horse. St. Lawrence disappeared by the late 1700s and are believed to be developed from Shire and Clydesdale crosses. They were most likely a popular export to New England, which bred large numbers of horses for Caribbean plantations. There Canadian Horse counterparts are most commonly black, bay or brown with the occasional chestnut. It is a heavier breed so was most likely good at driving and pulling heavy objects.

Competition
The main goal of this competition is to promote this breed and encourage other players to breed them as well to increase the gene pool. I am going to ask for a minimum of five entries so that this event can run cleanly and smoothly.

Prizes
First Place: $100,000
Second Place: $70,000
Third Place: $50,000
Fourth Place: $25,000
Fifth Place: $12,500

Time Span
This competition will run for the span of one month from the 16th of June to the 16th of July.
Horses will be put up for offers starting on the 15th from both this account and my side account Snoopy. Offers will start to be accepted on the 16th of June and will continue until everybody has their starter horses. Once offers have been accepted you can breed, compete, or do anything else except rehome or retire your originals.

Rules
All competitors can choose one of three options:

Option A: Two St. Lawrence Mares
Option B: One St. Lawrence Mare and One St. Lawrence Stallion
Option C: Already Pregnant St. Lawrence Mare

All horses will be a minimum 90% St. Lawrence. All horses will be listed for sale with the competitor’s name in the sale add since horses will be randomly assigned and sold via private sale on the 16th for an offer of $500.

From this point forth, each competitor can do exactly as they please with their pony but may not retire or rehome them. Any offspring the ponies produce however, may be retired or rehomed. Players are encouraged to train, breed, and compete their ponies

Competing
I will run affordable, breed specific competitions throughout the month as regularly as possible for a non-premium side account. I am thinking these five events as a starting point but if you have other options that you see as better then I am always open to suggestions.

Log Pull
Obstacle Driving
Marathon Driving
Dressage
Driven Dressage
Players are of course free to enter their horses into events other than the ones I run!

Breeding
Players are encouraged to breed their horses with either the studs I will make available to the public, or if option B or C was chosen, with their own stallions also. I will compile a list of available stallions here.

Scoring
At the end of the month I will tally up points and award prizes to the horses that are the most individually successful, this means you could win more than once.
The scoring will work as follows:

Competitive Points
Win - 9 points
Place - 6 Points
For example, a horse with a competition record of: 3 Wins, 4 Second Place and 5 Third Place, would score 81.

Title Points
Champion - 20 points
Grand Champion - 40 points
Master Champion - 60 points
Grand Master Champion - 80 points and so on.

World Record Points
Any world record broken, level 1-10, will receive 100 points.

Breeding Points
45k+GP foal - 15 points
50k+GP foal - 25 points
55k+GP foal - 35 points
60k+GP foal - 50 points
65k+GP foal - 65 points
All foals must be at least 90% pure St. Lawrence.

The Horses
I will be compiling a pasture or two of horses this coming week for you guys. I will put a link to the pasture(s) so you can see what you might be working with soon.

Already matured horses are in here, I have labelled them where with which option I am hoping for them to end up with: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/53123

I also have some foals to age up that are currently in here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/59556
Although will later be moved to here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/78634

Players Entered (Option Chosen)
1. Sunken Hill Stables (Option B)
2. Jacksonstorm stable (Option C)
3. Nightmare Moon (Option A)
4. Vallers (Option B)
5. Mora098 (Option A)
6. Stormchase Stables (Option C)
7. WichitaFeather (Option A)

Last but not least have fun and good luck!!
when you have time, i want to discuss a persian or plateau arabian contest.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:31 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:31 am