The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Claiming races

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
jodie1029
Visit My Farm

Claiming races

Post by jodie1029 »

I’ve been think about starting some claiming races but I’m not sure how I would do it or if any one would even be interested reply if you would be intersted or have any ideas on how I should do it

In case you don’t know exactly what a claiming race is

CLAIMING RACES
Maiden claiming is a subset of claiming races.

Claimers are the lowest-class horses at the track.

Every horse has a price tag in a claiming race. It can be bought or "claimed" out of the race for this price. If someone wants to claim the horse, he must put in a request before the race. He becomes the new owner of the horse after the race regardless of whether the horse wins or finishes last.
The original owner gets the purse or winnings if the horse finishes in the money, and the new owner gets the horse — even it is injured or dies in the race.

About half of all races run in North America are claiming races, so these are the horses you'll see most often at a track. Claiming races come in a wide array of classes based on the prices of the horses. The highest level is the optional claimer and these prices are often quite high. Horses can be entered to be claimed or not claimed at the owner's discretion.

Claiming prices are typically higher at major tracks like Belmont or Santa Anita, and on the low end at minor tracks like Portland Meadows or Thistledown. The less a horse's claiming price, the lower its quality. Races usually feature horses in similar price ranges. It's not likely that you'll find a $65,000 claimer running against a $10,000 horse in the same race.
Charliehorses
Visit My Farm

Re: Claiming races

Post by Charliehorses »

this could be pretty cool i restarted so i dont currently have any horses for it but i probs would claim a few
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:14 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:14 pm