The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Horses through the Ages [OVER]

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Jardine_Horses
Visit My Farm

Horses through the Ages [OVER]

Post by Jardine_Horses »

Have any of you ever gotten a horse that was really cute, or tall, or just different as a baby and then it grows up to be completely different than what you thought? I want to see it! Here's the rules:
1.) Has to be a horse you currently own!
2.) Has to have good pictures of when it was a baby.
3.) You don't have to have owned it since it was born, if you bought it off the market when it was a baby or even when it was older that is ok!
4.) NO RETIRED HORSES! Has to be living to be entered!
5.) You may enter no more than two horses, and please note that if you decide to enter two horses and one gets a prize, the other horse you entered cannot win a prize. One prize per farm.
Prizes:
1.) $5,000, baby of there choice at my farm, and three $1 breeding's to Stallion of their choice.
2.) $3,000, two $1 breeding's to Stallion of their choice.
3.) $2,000
Please note that if you don't want any prizes you don't have to accept them! For example, if you win first and you want the money and the baby but don't want the breeding's then tell me so! You don't have to have it! Also sorry about the pitiful prizes, I just joined like a month or so ago and am still trying to figure things out :roll:
Hope you all have fun, and I can't wait to see your horses!!!
This contest will end on March 8, 2018.
Last edited by Jardine_Horses on Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Re: Horses through the Ages

Post by Hidalgo »

That's a creative idea for a competition :)

Here's my entry. When he was a baby I thought maybe he'd be a silver buckskin or something, but he turned out quite different! I love his fluffy, light colored mane and tail.

DiNozzo
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Kamichi Stables »

(KS) AWE Inspired Brood

(KS) Living Dream

These are my most changed! :D
abbih2
Visit My Farm

Post by abbih2 »

I thought for sure Americana was going to be a palomino

Here she is at birth
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here she is at 1 year, 3.5 months
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then I started to notice changes. Here she is at 2 years, 10 months
3 years, 2 months
3 years, 8.5 months
6 years
This is what she looks like now at 7 years, 8.5 months
I never expected this color change.
apparanch
Visit My Farm

Post by apparanch »

Hi! I saw this post and knew straight away which horse I was going to enter!

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1205332

I'm not sure how to enter baby photos but check his gallery. I've had him since he was a tiny giddy black foal, I then got him trained him up and now he's an amazing silver stallion! I'm so proud of him and wouldn't give him away for the world :lol: !
LlamaLlama99
Visit My Farm

Post by LlamaLlama99 »

Jardine_Horses wrote:Have any of you ever gotten a horse that was really cute, or tall, or just different as a baby and then it grows up to be completely different than what you thought? I want to see it! Here's the rules:
3.) You don't have to have owned it since it was born, if you bought it off the market when it was a baby or even when it was older that is ok!
5.) You may enter no more than two horses, and please note that if you decide to enter two horses and one gets a prize, the other horse you entered cannot win a prize. One prize per farm.
Prizes:
1.) $5,000, baby of there choice at my farm, and three $1 breeding's to Stallion of their choice.
3.) $2,000
Please note that if you don't want any prizes you don't have to accept them! For example, if you win first and you want the money and the baby but don't want the breeding's then tell me so! You don't have to have it! Also sorry about the pitiful prizes, I just joined like a month or so ago and am still trying to figure things out :roll:
My entry:

As a foal

Now
LM Private Symphony

She looked like she was going to be dark bay roan but now she’s brown roan and adorable!

Another:

As a foal-

Now:

LM King of the Ashes
Last edited by LlamaLlama99 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dollar Equestrian
Visit My Farm

Post by Dollar Equestrian »

This is my entry.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1081043
This is Warrior when he was a foal.
This is him now.
Click me

I hope you like him.
arthorse
Visit My Farm

Post by arthorse »

Jardine_Horses wrote:Have any of you ever gotten a horse that was really cute, or tall, or just different as a baby and then it grows up to be completely different than what you thought? I want to see it! Here's the rules:
Prizes:
3.) $2,000
This is my horse I was really hoping to have as a gold stud but...
Brownie
Jardine_Horses
Visit My Farm

Post by Jardine_Horses »

abbih2 wrote:I thought for sure Americana was going to be a palomino

Here she is at birth
Here she is at 1 year, 3.5 months
Then I started to notice changes. Here she is at 2 years, 10 months
3 years, 2 months
3 years, 8.5 months
6 years
This is what she looks like now at 7 years, 8.5 months
I never expected this color change.

Ok, judging sooner than expected. Congratulations you won first place! Please send me a link to a re-homeable horse and tell me which baby/stud you want! (The babies you can choose from are in the pregnant/babies pasture.)
Jardine_Horses
Visit My Farm

Post by Jardine_Horses »

arthorse wrote:
Prizes:
3.) $2,000
This is my horse I was really hoping to have as a gold stud but...
Brownie
You won second place! It was a really tough call between you and first place. Please send a link to a re-homeable horse and tell me which stud you want to breed to!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:23 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:23 am