The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Quarter Horse Contest

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Abbih
Visit My Farm

Quarter Horse Contest

Post by Abbih »

Ok, so I'd like to get an idea of how many people are interested. I would run five level 5 cutting, barrel racing, and reining competitions open only to quarter horses. I would award $2,500 to the winning horse in each event after I have totaled each horses points. I will also have an all-around and award $5,000 to 1st and $2,500 to 2nd. so here's the rules:

1) Each account may only enter 2 horses. This does not mean each person. It's per ACCOUNT.

2)If you do not enter beforehand, your horses will not count and your points will be passed to the people below your, for example, if an unentered person wins an event, in the books, 2nd place will receive 1st place points, 3rd place will receive 2nd's, et cetera.

3) You must declare your 2 horses beforehand. If you do not and only enter 1 horse, that is your only horse in the competition. If you enter more, I will look at each horse's HGP and the 2 with the lowest will be your competition horse. So declare them!

4) The day before, I will enter enough of my own horses to ensure there are at least 10 horses in each event. Unlike an unentered person's horse, the points they earned will not be passed down.

Please quote me every time you write on this so that I get a notification. I will quote any person entered when I make an announcement. I am hoping to start sometime next week or the week after. My second account will run the competitions (abbih2)
Mega
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Quarter Horse Contest

Post by Mega »

I don't have any quarter horses right now so would need time to find, breed, and train something but im game.
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Abbih wrote:Ok
I'd be game
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Abbih
Visit My Farm

Post by Abbih »

mega wrote:I don't have any quarter horses right now so would need time to find, breed, and train something but im game.
It'll probably be closer to two weeks before I'm ready to run the contest anyway. I just didn't want to get it ready to go if there was no interest.
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

Abbih wrote:
mega wrote:I don't have any quarter horses right now so would need time to find, breed, and train something but im game.
It'll probably be closer to two weeks before I'm ready to run the contest anyway. I just didn't want to get it ready to go if there was no interest.
Let me know when you are ready. I would like to enter.
meganamber2
Visit My Farm

Post by meganamber2 »

Abbih wrote:Ok, so I'd like to get an idea of how many people are interested. I would run five level 5 cutting, barrel racing, and reining competitions open only to quarter horses. I would award $2,500 to the winning horse in each event after I have totaled each horses points. I will also have an all-around and award $5,000 to 1st and $2,500 to 2nd. so here's the rules:

1) Each account may only enter 2 horses. This does not mean each person. It's per ACCOUNT.

2)If you do not enter beforehand, your horses will not count and your points will be passed to the people below your, for example, if an unentered person wins an event, in the books, 2nd place will receive 1st place points, 3rd place will receive 2nd's, et cetera.

3) You must declare your 2 horses beforehand. If you do not and only enter 1 horse, that is your only horse in the competition. If you enter more, I will look at each horse's HGP and the 2 with the lowest will be your competition horse. So declare them!

4) The day before, I will enter enough of my own horses to ensure there are at least 10 horses in each event. Unlike an unentered person's horse, the points they earned will not be passed down.

Please quote me every time you write on this so that I get a notification. I will quote any person entered when I make an announcement. I am hoping to start sometime next week or the week after. My second account will run the competitions (abbih2)
I would definitely be interested!
Abbih
Visit My Farm

Post by Abbih »

Update on the contest. After learning enough to hold six shows, the cost of paying for a skill to be learned is around 10K, so while I am working on it, I will be running barrel, reining, and cutting competitions at level 5 for all breeds. It's named Fund raiser for quarter horse contest, so if you would please enter horses in those to help me get the competitions up and running faster.
Abbih
Visit My Farm

Post by Abbih »

Hey, Great News! I will be able to hold the contest next week. Starting on Monday, the first competition will be held. If all goes well and everyone likes this, I'd like to hold it every month. I'm just going to quote everyone and make sure they all know. BTW, I will link all the competitions as I create them.
Baranduin Brewster wrote:I'd be game
QuesthavenFarms wrote:Let me know when you are ready. I would like to enter.
meganamber2 wrote:I would definitely be interested!
Mega wrote:I don't have any quarter horses right now so would need time to find, breed, and train something but im game.
Mega, if you are still looking for some quarter horses, I believe I still have some quarter horse colts for sale. They have some training but are pretty young. I'm only selling them for around $2,000 and I'd be willing to take less. If I don't have any colts, I do have some fillies. I don't want to sell them, but would for $5,000 firm for the younger ones if need be. So, let me know if you still need some.
Abbih
Visit My Farm

Post by Abbih »

Baranduin Brewster wrote:I'd be game
QuesthavenFarms wrote:Let me know when you are ready. I would like to enter.
meganamber2 wrote:I would definitely be interested!
Mega wrote:I don't have any quarter horses right now so would need time to find, breed, and train something but im game.
First competitions are posted

Barrel racing
http://www.horseworldonline.net/competitions/view/45405

Cutting
http://www.horseworldonline.net/competitions/view/45406

Reining
http://www.horseworldonline.net/competitions/view/45407
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm