The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Predict the foal! - The Choosening Begins!

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Predict the foal! - The Choosening Begins!

Post by Silverine »

Predict the Foal!
So I have an idea for a new project and I've got quite a lot of PT saved up, and both of those factors gave me an idea for a competition. I'm gauging interest before I decide to hold it for real, so if you think you'd like to participate please reply to this post!

What is the contest? - It's simple. You pick a mare and a stallion from a set group that you think would make the best baby together. Other people do the same thing. I breed all of the pairs together. Then once the babies are born the best foal wins!

The Nitty-Gritty
How does it work? - I will be adopting a number of mares and stallions from the Adoption Center, of a breed that will be determined at a later time. I will adopt enough mares so that there is one for each competitor. I may adopt just as many stallions or I may keep it to just three or four stallions, I haven't decided yet. Everyone signed up for the contest will get to pick a mare, then pick the stallion they want her bred to. The order for picking will be drawn by lot (I'll put everyone's name in a hat, and whichever name I pick first gets to pick their mare first, etc).

How are the foals judged? - On a point system. Foal with the most points wins! The point system is as follows:
Base points = HGP/1000 (So a horse with a HGP of 33,605 would start with 33 points.)
-2 points for every red stat
-1 point for every negative, non-red stat
0 points for neutral comments
+1 point for every positive, non-green, non-gold stat
+2 points for every green stat
+3 points for every gold stat

What about ties? - As ties are a distinct possibility, I've had to come up with a way to evaluate them. This will also be done a point system, though points gained or lost here will not affect a foal's base score.
Base points = 0
-2 points for every stat that has a worse report than both parents
-1 point for every stat that has a worse report than one parent and equal to the other
0 points for every stat that is equal to both parents
+1 point for every stat that has a better report than one parent and equal to the other
+2 points for every stat that has a better report than both parents

What are the prizes?
First Place: $5,000,000, training for 3 horses
Second Place: $3,000,000 training for 2 horses
Third Place: $1,000,000 training for 1 horse
Fourth Place: $500,000
Fifth Place: $250,000

All competitors will have the option of adopting their foal, with free training for foals from the competition. Mares and stallions will also be available for adoption, but without training. Horses not adopted will be posted for public sale. If they are not sold within one week any horses able to be rehomed will be.

Sign-ups are Closed

To sign up for this contest, simply reply to this post with your interest. I am subscribed to the topic so there is no need to ping me. There is no cap on the number of people that can enter.

Current Entrants:
1. mora098
2. Jasmine_Hanley
3. Champi0nBr66der3
4. Baranduin Brewster
5. Kamichi Stables
6. MikiVCat
7. Fallon
8. Zer0
9. Poseikip
10. StormChaser
11. WILD FLICKA
12. jl1106
13. meganamber
14. Maddie.Boo
15. laurens2013
16. Woodstock
17. Shiva
18. Eevee_Starnight
19. porque
20. QuesthavenFarms
21. b00nstra

Timeline
Kamichi asked when things would officially be starting up, and in answering their question I came up with this timeline:
Sign ups will close on the 13th (a week from today). I will be travelling that following Monday so will work on adopting the horses in my free time during that. On the 15th I will finish any adopting that I didn't get done and announce the order for picking pairs. I will ping each person when it is their turn to pick. Once you are pinged you have 24 hours to post your choice of mare and stallion. Once your post is made I will move on to the next person on the list. If you do not post within those 24 hours you forfeit your entry and I will move on to the next person on the list. (So at most it will take 24 hours for one person, less if they post sooner.) After everyone has chosen I will breed the pairs and blast through turns until the foals are born. That part should take a day at most. Once the foals are born I will judge them and post results.
To break it down, it looks like this:
May 13th, 11:59 PM EST - Sign-ups close.
May 14th - Sporadic adopting of horses during my downtime while traveling.
May 15th - Finalize horse adoptions. Order for pair picking posted, first player pinged.
May 16th -> ??? - Entrants pick their breeding pairs. With the current number of entrants this will go until May 22nd at the latest.
??? (Day after last pair is picked.) - Results posted.

Once the results are posted players will have seven days to claim their prizes.
Last edited by Silverine on Tue May 15, 2018 4:38 am, edited 17 times in total.
mora098
Visit My Farm

Re: Predict the foal! - Big prizes!

Post by mora098 »

This is a great idea! I would definitely participate :D
Dressage,racing and brandenburgers breeder, contact me through the forum or PM if you need me :)
Jasmine_Hanley
Visit My Farm

Post by Jasmine_Hanley »

Silverine wrote:
Predict the Foal!
So I have an idea for a new project and I've got quite a lot of PT saved up, and both of those factors gave me an idea for a competition. I'm gauging interest before I decide to hold it for real, so if you think you'd like to participate please reply to this post!
This would be super fun!
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

This would be awesome, I would participate!
<CS> Racers
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

I'd be game
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Kamichi Stables »

I want to do that. Sounds like a fun and different contest.
What are you actually supposed to put here?
-Kam
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

mora098 wrote:
Jasmine_Hanley wrote:
Champi0nBr66der3 wrote:
Baranduin Brewster wrote:
Kamichi Stables wrote:
There seems to be a good amount of interest so I've decided to hold the contest and opened sign-ups. I added you all to the entrant list so that you don't have to post again. If you'd like to be removed just let me know. :)
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Re: Predict the foal! - Big prizes! - SIGN UP OPEN!

Post by Kamichi Stables »

I have a question. When will this officially start?
What are you actually supposed to put here?
-Kam
MikiVCat
Visit My Farm

Post by MikiVCat »

I would love to do it :D
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Kamichi Stables wrote:I have a question. When will this officially start?
Good question! Here's how it will work:

Sign ups will close on the 13th (a week from today). I will be travelling that following Monday so will work on adopting the horses in my free time during that. On the 15th I will finish any adopting that I didn't get done and announce the order for picking pairs. I will ping each person when it is their turn to pick. Once you are pinged you have 24 hours to post your choice of mare and stallion. Once your post is made I will move on to the next person on the list. If you do not post within those 24 hours you forfeit your entry and I will move on to the next person on the list. (So at most it will take 24 hours for one person, less if they post sooner.) After everyone has chosen I will breed the pairs and blast through turns until the foals are born. That part should take a day at most. Once the foals are born I will judge them and post results.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:36 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:36 am