The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

New Player Giveaway

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Sundown Ranch
Visit My Farm

Re: New Player Giveaway

Post by Sundown Ranch »

I joined a few months ago and its been a joy to be here

RainCloud

Rain is my first horse that i bought here. She is nothing special when i got her she even has the worst stats ever haha but ive been working with her and she jut recently got her first Title of champion in the hunter ring and im so excited for her. She is also behind alot of the foals that were born on my farm.She has taught my how to play this game and still working on it. She deserves to have a wonderful home as she already does. I would like to purchase a stable if i would win the money to keep her happy and the rest of my herd that surrounds her.
paige10
Visit My Farm

Post by paige10 »

This is my favourite horse that I have had so far and it's called Big Charlie
paige10
Visit My Farm

Post by paige10 »

That is not my horse.
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

paige10 wrote:That is not my horse.

Paige, i think i know what went wrong. when you quote a horse, where you have written
replace it with your horses unique number, which you will find at the end of the url... so for charlie, it would be [horse=1566282]. does that make sense?

paige10
Visit My Farm

Post by paige10 »

yes thank you.
paige10
Visit My Farm

Post by paige10 »

This is my favourite horse Big Charlie
paige10
Visit My Farm

Post by paige10 »

That's the one.
Queen of the Equines
Visit My Farm

Post by Queen of the Equines »

Retsi wrote:Contest extended - more entries needed
My favorite horse at the moment is Genevieve, a North African Barb Mare, who I bred myself. Before she was born, her dam was my favorite, and now that her dam has gone on to greener pastures, she is my overall favorite horse.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1580353

And now for the story: (This is allowed to be made up, correct? Cause it is. ;) )

Asa Turner stared as the station wagon drove past a nearby stable on the way home. He could see at least a dozen horses galloping in the white-washed fence pasture. "Dad," he asked for the hundredth, maybe thousandth time. "Can I please start riding lesson?"

"Asa, we have gone over this a million times!" His dad groaned. "Riding is a girl sport! You know this!"

Asa was frustrated, yet again, with this response, but he persisted. He had seen, in the Olympics, men riding, so he knew that it wasn't a "girl" sport. Besides, it was all he had ever dreamed about doing.

"I know, dad, but this all I have ever wanted to do."

His dad sighed, and Asa knew it to be the "this conversation is over for now" so he stopped his argument.
'Mom understand,' Asa thought to himself. "It is just dad. I don't know how to convince him, since he won't watch the men on horse back in the Olympics and many other competitions across the world. Maybe I can get Mom to make him see.' With this thought in mind, the car turned into their driveway.

Asa Turner had a doctor for a father, and that was the problem. No, not that his dad treated people or had a slight debt to pay of from medical school, or that his dad worked long stressful days at least once a week. It was that dad had never seen any injuries from riding before, except in girls. Asa's dad had it in mind that it wasn't a boy sport, because, as far as he knew, only girls did it.

Asa's dad was a loving and responsible father, but still he didn't see the truth about riding.

'Well,' Asa thought to himself as he waked up the steps to his little bedroom on the second floor of there minimal house, 'I will just have to convince him. My birthday is coming up, and I know asking for a horse or even just lessons is pointless, but I can ask him to watch the DVD I got from Madeline last year of the men in the Olympics on horseback to try and convince him. That's it, that is what I will do.'

"Dinner time, honey!"
Asa's mom, Lillian Turner, called from downstairs. It was three days later, August 4, his fourteenth birthday.
"Are you coming, Asa? It is time for cake, and birthday wishes!"

The Turner family had a tradition for every Turner birthday. Instead of wishing a birthday wish silently to the cake and hoping it would come true, they said it aloud and the other members of the family (Marcus, Eddi and Grace, Asa's little siblings) would try to make it come true.

"I wish," Asa began, "that dad will watch a movie I choose with me tonight or tomorrow."

"Well that will be quite easy, son." Nathan Turner boomed heartily after four slices of cake. "Which movie?" he questioned.
"You'll see," Asa answered.

It was the end of the movie, and Nathan Turner was dumbstruck that male equestrians existed. He was more dumbstruck, though to find out that only male equestrians placed within the top three that year of the Olympics.

"Well son, I must say that I am mistaken, as you can see."Said a slightly flustered Mr. Turner to his son later the next morning. Well, your mom and I will have to talk and pray about it, but what do you say to some riding lessons that we always pass when we take a drive?"

"DAD!" Asa practically shrieked. He jumped up from the couch, and ran to his father, who was looking a little red in the face. "OF COURSE!" He yelled to the whole house. "I have been waiting for this fo sooo long! Yes Yes Yes YES YES," He said repeatedly.

Asa Turner had done it. The one thing he had wished for every birthday since he was nine had come true. He was going to learn to ride.

But first, he had to tell Lillian, his 13 year old friend from school, what had happened. She was crucial, because she had been hoping for this for Asa for years as well, ever since he had told her on the way home from school one Winter day, and they saw out the window Lillian's Family's farm and the barn and pasture.

(FAST FORWARD to PARAGRAPH 7 for the shorterish version!)

I was sitting at my kitchen table, phone in hand, waiting for Asa's call. The weather had turned rainy quite suddenly, and the weather was making the signal hard to get. Asa had called, and been cut off, called and been cut of, and called, said he would call if he was cut off again, and had immediately been cut off once more.

I could tell that Asa had had big new to share, but I was sad because I didn't think the signal would improve. Then, as if an answer to prayer, the wind and rain stopped. The phone rang.

"Yes, I am getting lessons! Lillian, isn't it amazing?" Said Asa's excited voice through the now-working phone.

I was dumbstruck.

"How?"

"Convinced dad to watch that DVD you gave me last year, you know, the one of the equestrian part of the Olympics from last year's Olympics? Well, he's watched it, and he is convinced that it is a both gender sport now. He is getting lessons for me!"

Asa watched Juniper, a pretty Red Dun Tobiano North African Barb mare gallop through the pasture. The mare was about one month pregnant, and Asa wanted the baby so badly. He had convinced his dad to get him lessons, and to get him his own horse. Yes, Nathan Turner had been convinced and was now armpit deep in Asa's equestrian world.

The problem was that the Michael's didn't know if they would want to sell the baby.

"Asa, come quick, Juniper is having her foal!" I talked into the phone, bouncing on the balls of my feet in excitement. The birth was going well, and there were no complications, the vet had said. Still, I was not allowed to watch.

"Lillian? Really?!?" Asa half-squealed in my ear.

"Yes! " I exploded into the receiver.

"I am on my way!"

"We can share her," said Asa, when he saw the breathtaking glow on my face, because of excitement. Juniper's baby was a filly, and we had named her Genevieve.

"Really?" I said.

"Really really," Asa proclaimed to the resting mother and baby.

"We can train her in our favorite disciplines (It was Hunter/Jumper) and breed her a few times. Sounds good?"

"Yes!" was the reply.

And that is how I got my favorite horse, Genevieve. I gave Juniper to Asa, where she lived out the rest of her days in peace, and foaled many top-notch fillies and colts.

THE END
Hope you liked it! And we get $250,000 just for entering? Or did I misread? :) And how do I get the 250k if I didn't misread? Thanks so much for doing this! :D :D :D
Queen of the Equines
Visit My Farm

Retsi wrote:Anyone joining in 2018 is eligible to win
If you have a main side account from before, please be honest and do not enter!

Retsi's $20,000,000 Giveaway
In the spirit of encouraging new players and community, I will be giving away up to twenty million in cash prizes!

1st place - 2,500,000
2nd - 1,500,000
3rd - 1,000,000
Constellation Prizes - $250,000 JUST for participating!

The Contest
To enter, post a link of your favorite horse and make up a story of their origin! IE, how they became your horse, where they are from, how they became a champion, etc

winners chosen October 31st
My favorite horse at the moment is Genevieve, a North African Barb Mare, who I bred myself. Before she was born, her dam was my favorite, and now that her dam has gone on to greener pastures, she is my overall favorite horse.

And now for the story: (This is allowed to be made up, correct? Cause it is. ;) )

Asa Turner stared as the station wagon drove past a nearby stable on the way home. He could see at least a dozen horses galloping in the white-washed fence pasture. "Dad," he asked for the hundredth, maybe thousandth time. "Can I please start riding lesson?"

"Asa, we have gone over this a million times!" His dad groaned. "Riding is a girl sport! You know this!"

Asa was frustrated, yet again, with this response, but he persisted. He had seen, in the Olympics, men riding, so he knew that it wasn't a "girl" sport. Besides, it was all he had ever dreamed about doing.

His dad sighed, and Asa knew it to be the "this conversation is over for now" so he stopped his argument.
'Mom understand,' Asa thought to himself. "It is just dad. I don't know how to convince him, since he won't watch the men on horse back in the Olympics and many other competitions across the world. Maybe I can get Mom to make him see.' With this thought in mind, the car turned into their driveway.

Asa Turner had a doctor for a father, and that was the problem. No, not that his dad treated people or had a slight debt to pay of from medical school, or that his dad worked long stressful days at least once a week. It was that dad had never seen any injuries from riding before, except in girls. Asa's dad had it in mind that it wasn't a boy sport, because, as far as he knew, only girls did it.

Asa's dad was a loving and responsible father, but still he didn't see the truth about riding.

'Well,' Asa thought to himself as he waked up the steps to his little bedroom on the second floor of there minimal house, 'I will just have to convince him. My birthday is coming up, and I know asking for a horse or even just lessons is pointless, but I can ask him to watch the DVD I got from Madeline last year of the men in the Olympics on horseback to try and convince him. That's it, that is what I will do.'

"Dinner time, honey!"
Asa's mom, Lillian Turner, called from downstairs. It was three days later, August 4, his fourteenth birthday.

The Turner family had a tradition for every Turner birthday. Instead of wishing a birthday wish silently to the cake and hoping it would come true, they said it aloud and the other members of the family (Marcus, Eddi and Grace, Asa's little siblings) would try to make it come true.

"I wish," Asa began, "that dad will watch a movie I choose with me tonight or tomorrow."

"Well that will be quite easy, son." Nathan Turner boomed heartily after four slices of cake. "Which movie?" he questioned.

It was the end of the movie, and Nathan Turner was dumbstruck that male equestrians existed. He was more dumbstruck, though to find out that only male equestrians placed within the top three that year of the Olympics.

"Well son, I must say that I am mistaken, as you can see."Said a slightly flustered Mr. Turner to his son later the next morning. Well, your mom and I will have to talk and pray about it, but what do you say to some riding lessons that we always pass when we take a drive?"

"DAD!" Asa practically shrieked. He jumped up from the couch, and ran to his father, who was looking a little red in the face. "OF COURSE!" He yelled to the whole house. "I have been waiting for this fo sooo long! Yes Yes Yes YES YES," He said repeatedly.

Asa Turner had done it. The one thing he had wished for every birthday since he was nine had come true. He was going to learn to ride.

But first, he had to tell Lillian, his 13 year old friend from school, what had happened. She was crucial, because she had been hoping for this for Asa for years as well, ever since he had told her on the way home from school one Winter day, and they saw out the window Lillian's Family's farm and the barn and pasture.

I was sitting at my kitchen table, phone in hand, waiting for Asa's call. The weather had turned rainy quite suddenly, and the weather was making the signal hard to get. Asa had called, and been cut off, called and been cut of, and called, said he would call if he was cut off again, and had immediately been cut off once more.

I could tell that Asa had had big new to share, but I was sad because I didn't think the signal would improve. Then, as if an answer to prayer, the wind and rain stopped. The phone rang.

"Yes, I am getting lessons! Lillian, isn't it amazing?" Said Asa's excited voice through the now-working phone.

I was dumbstruck.

"How?"

"Convinced dad to watch that DVD you gave me last year, you know, the one of the equestrian part of the Olympics from last year's Olympics? Well, he's watched it, and he is convinced that it is a both gender sport now. He is getting lessons for me!"

Asa watched Juniper, a pretty Red Dun Tobiano North African Barb mare gallop through the pasture. The mare was about one month pregnant, and Asa wanted the baby so badly. He had convinced his dad to get him lessons, and to get him his own horse. Yes, Nathan Turner had been convinced and was now armpit deep in Asa's equestrian world.

The problem was that the Michael's didn't know if they would want to sell the baby.

"Asa, come quick, Juniper is having her foal!" I talked into the phone, bouncing on the balls of my feet in excitement. The birth was going well, and there were no complications, the vet had said. Still, I was not allowed to watch.

"I am on my way!"

"We can share her," said Asa, when he saw the breathtaking glow on my face, because of excitement. Juniper's baby was a filly, and we had named her Genevieve.

"Really?" I said.

"We can train her in our favorite disciplines (It was Hunter/Jumper) and breed her a few times. Sounds good?"

"Yes!" was the reply.

And that is how I got my favorite horse, Genevieve. I gave Juniper to Asa, where she lived out the rest of her days in peace, and foaled many top-notch fillies and colts.

THE END
Hope you liked it! And we get $250,000 just for entering? Or did I misread? :) And how do I get the 250k if I didn't misread? Thanks so much for doing this! :D :D :D
Queen of the Equines
Visit My Farm

Queen of the Equines wrote:

In the spirit of encouraging new players and community, I will be giving away up to twenty million in cash prizes!

1st place - 2,500,000
2nd - 1,500,000
3rd - 1,000,000

The Contest
To enter, post a link of your favorite horse and make up a story of their origin! IE, how they became your horse, where they are from, how they became a champion, etc

"Dinner time, honey!"

I was dumbstruck.

"How?"

"I am on my way!"

"Really?" I said.

"Yes!" was the reply.

THE END
Queen of the Equines wrote:

1st place - 2,500,000
2nd - 1,500,000
3rd - 1,000,000

The Contest

"Dinner time, honey!"

I was dumbstruck.

"How?"

"I am on my way!"

"Really?" I said.

"Yes!" was the reply.

THE END
And could you please quote me if you want to get a hold of me? Thanks!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:25 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:25 pm