The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Story Time(champion horses for prizes)

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Lcameron
Visit My Farm

Re: Story Time(champion horses for prizes)

Post by Lcameron »

sorry could you pls keep me in the running because i have written astory twice a both times it has gone wronge.g glitches. i will try come up with a story later
Blizzard
Visit My Farm

Post by Blizzard »

Lcameron wrote:sorry could you pls keep me in the running because i have written astory twice a both times it has gone wronge.g glitches. i will try come up with a story later
You have 2 weeks to write a story
Lcameron
Visit My Farm

Post by Lcameron »

Ones there was a foal called rocket. She was a beautiful filly with a dep chestnut coat with perfect white spot on her back. Her dam day break thought she was the best foal ever. There was only one problem. Rocket was half Arab and half thoroughbred. She looked very out of place with all the other dainty Arab foals. They called her mule and teased her saying that she was a donkey or even worse a mule. One day the oldest foal a big colt called wave breaker teased her. “hey mule” he called “you can't catch me, you will never catch me on those slow ploddy legs. Rocket got so cross that she challenged wave breaker to a race. To the rock and back she said. Wave breaker agreed and they lined up. Dancing glory counted down. “three two hey!” wave breaker surged on ahead before she finished, and rocket only hesitated a bit before charging after him. Down the hill she went and up the next. Her legs were a blur as she easily caught up to the panting foal. Then with a spin worthy of a rodeo horse she charged back. She was wining! She crossed the line with second to spare and continued relishing the pure joy of it. Suddenly the fence was coming up to fast. Rocket couldn’t stop she smashed into the fence and collapsed dizzily. Vaguely she could here wave breaker teasing "the mule is to clumsy to be true” would she ever fit in? She wondered. Then she passed out. When she woke up, she tried to get to her feet, but she was to weak. She could hear her master speaking to a female person nearby. Suddenly a few words caught her attention. “too weak to be worth much” the female was saying” she doesn’t have good stats either, I'll give you $500 and that’s as high as I'll go”. “sold” her master said. Sold? But she was too young to be sold. She had heard the old horses speaking of being sold with fright. Being sold was a bad thing. It meant you weren't wanted, it meant that you would be taken from everything she had ever known, she might never get to see day break again. right now, she would be glad to see even wave breaker. Rocket felt hands lift her up and she struggled. No, she wasn’t going to be sold and she wasn’t going anywhere. She was going to stay at this place with its kind meadows and solemn barns. But then suddenly she passed out again. Rocket got taken to a stud. More Arabs she could smell them. She was put in a paddock with about ten other Arab foals. She nervously approached a colt who was grazing near her. “um hi” she said. “hi” said the colt through a mouthful of grass. “um what's your name” she asked. “black star” he said. Rockets hopes fluttered. Maybe these horses were nicer. Maybe not all Arabs were bad. Then she scolded herself he sire had been a pure Arab and he had saved a drowning foal losing his life instead. Rockets days passed quickly. She was happy at the stud and before she knew it she was 4 and being led to the broodmares paddock. She was bred to a stallion called flashing secrets and had a beautiful bay colt whom she called rockets wonder because she said he was a great wonder to her that she should be blessed with such a creature to call her own. The other mares were cross. She will infiltrate our pure bloodline with her thoroughbred blood they said. This should not be allowed. They were secretly jealous because rockets wonder was the best foal that that had been borne that year and a breakthrough in the development of the stud. Rocket sadly watched her foal be lead out when he was one to the foals paddock but soon had her mind on other things as she was bred again to flashing secretes. She had another colt whom she called miracle because she said he was a miracle to her life. Surely she thought. This new colt will make the mares like me, but alas it only made them hate her more. At about this time she met her first colt rockets wonder who promised to look after his younger brother when he entered the foals paddock but also said that he a miracle would have problems. Apparently, the foals in that paddock had been listening to their dams to much and were teasing rockets wonder about his thoroughbred blood. Rocket was so cross that she charged right out of the paddock and nipped at the foals that had teased poor rockets wonder. The humans were racing every where trying to herd her off but she kept at it until they were forced to lead all the foals including rockets wonder out of the paddock. Rockets wonder whinnied after his dam but that was the last she ever saw of him for a while. Alone in the paddock besides miracle who had hidden behind a tree in the ordeal she paced the paddock. Finally she was lead to the broodmares paddock where the mares avoided her telling their foals she was dangerous. Rocket didn’t care.. She was bred to flashing secretes again that same year. The next year her foal wasn’t as good. She wondered if she was cursed after the attack on the foals. she called him hero tho because he was he hero to save her from loneliness. Hero passed through life like the others although and soon he was lead away to the foals paddock. Vaguely she wondered whether rocket wonder would be old enough to leave the foals paddock yet but she was so dull and sad now that it just slipped from her mind. soon she was bred to flashing secretes again, she wondered whether this was going to be her life. Be bred to flashing secretes the wait, race a foal then lose it never to be seen again. and the long waiting game began again. Rockets next foal was a lively filly whom she called rockets daughter because well, she was rockets daughter. Rocket wasn't used to this sort of horse although because rockets daughter was every where at once. She reminded rocket of herself of when she was younger. Rockets daughter woke up the inner rocket who loved to have fun and gallop and buck and play with her foals. Rocket was dejected when rockets daughter turned to follow the footstep of all her foals before out of the paddock to the foals paddock but rockets daughter had done what no other horse could do, she had woken up rockets spirit. She knew that rockets wonder would have either been taken to the stallions paddock or been sold now. Rocket was grazing peacefully one day when she saw a van drive up to the stallions barn. This wasn’t any thing she wasn’t used to until she saw two men in white clothes enter the barn and heard a loud band. It echoed throughout stud and every horse raised their head in perfect unison. Then the limp form of flashing secretes was carried into the van followed by the master and a few other men and women. That was the last anybody ever saw flashing secretes. Rocket got the surprise of her life the next week when she was lead up to rockets wonder. She was bred to rockets wonder and they parted with happy neighs of delight at seeing each other. Seeing her first foal made rocket feel happier. She had another filly and this filly she called hope because she felt hope was her hope that everything would go back to the way it should be. rocket was bred to rocket wonder again but now she felt she was getting old and she wondered if this would be her las foal. She had another filly whom she called folly because by the rocket was running out of names. Rocket by the was getting ready for a nice quite Retirment. She had giving the world 6 beautiful foals and she was contented. Then to her surprise she was lead to the stallions barn. She was bred once again to rockets wonder. She knew in her guts that she was to old to have foals anymore. But she bore the pregnancy like all the others. She waited for hat she had decided would defiantly be her last foal. She watched as her grandchildren entered the world sired by rockets wonder. She watched a miracle made his stand and had three healthy foals. She even saw hope delicately muzzle her first foal to its feet. But she never lived to see her last foal. Rocket died giving birth and her foal was a sick thing. Rocket never got a Retirment and she never got to see her firstborn become the best sire the stud had ever seen or her first filly become the best dam they had ever seen. But rockets descendants live on and occasionally when i breed a foal I find a little filly with a deep chestnut coat and a white rump and i wonder will rockets descendant be the next rocket?

Thx for reading my story. Rocket is the founder of my stud and I thought it was only fair that she should have the story about her. Her last foal was born a few days after she died and I didn’t know what to name him. I eventually called him rockets son because that’s what rocket would of done. I added a lot in but most of it is based on true fact. i admit it was really weird that rocket got bred to her son but that really did happen. Rockets wonder passed a few days ago but he had many foals before and most start or end with rocket. I try to name foals based on their parents and by this way rocket will be remembered through the ages. I hope this story touched your heart because thinking of all then possible things rocket ever did or could have done made me almost cry I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it
thx
shout out to emily_peguses
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/view/63408
who bred rocket thx for this beutiful horse
Lcameron
Visit My Farm

Post by Lcameron »

this is rocket soz i couldnt fit on the other page and having tch issues with tech so cant post pic but u can look at gallery
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/964687
Lcameron
Visit My Farm

Post by Lcameron »

im really sorry i just read all the other storys and i realised that they are really short. mines really long really sorry bout that
SnowStorm
Visit My Farm

Post by SnowStorm »

Lcameron wrote:im really sorry i just read all the other storys and i realised that they are really short. mines really long really sorry bout that
I don't mind, it's lovely. I like the longer stories, more to read.
buzzy
Visit My Farm

Post by buzzy »

JessenJ24 wrote:
Lcameron wrote:im really sorry i just read all the other storys and i realised that they are really short. mines really long really sorry bout that
Mine is really short :oops: It's meant to be a cliff hanger...
Lcameron
Visit My Farm

Post by Lcameron »

thats great, i just started writing then got a bit carried away
SnowStorm
Visit My Farm

Post by SnowStorm »

buzzy wrote:
JessenJ24 wrote:
Mine is really short :oops: It's meant to be a cliff hanger...
It's ok, I like to imagine what happens next. Although sometimes it drives me crazy
Lcameron
Visit My Farm

Post by Lcameron »

can u judge them nowpls? the suspence is killing me
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:19 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:19 pm