The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

WIN $1million *Judging Complete*

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

WIN $1million *Judging Complete*

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

Calling All Young Writers
Hello all, I have seen many people asking for money and I have plenty and decided to host a competition that will require creativity but is not extremely hard. I, myself, am an author and love to write and read stories of all sorts and decided to make a writing contest here. Information is below!
How to Enter:
Your Name:
Genre:
Your Story:

Available Genres:
~ Romance
~ Fantasy
~ Thriller
~ Satire (Humorous)
~ Fiction
~ Realistic

Requirements:
~ No cursing, violence, or sexual content in stories
~ The story must be at least 500 words and a maximum of 1,500 words
~ You may only submit one story total, please do not submit again from your side account
~ Please DO NOT ping me or quote the message, simply just post your story below, thanks!

Submission Deadlines:
~ Open: May 1st, 2019
~ Ends: June 5th, 2019

Judging Period:
~ June 6th-June 13th, 2019 (So I can read through each of the stories)

Winners to be Announced:
~ June 15th, 2019 - Sorry for the delay...work has booked me full time

Prize:
~ 1st Place - $1,000,000 (RoyalCrownAcres)
~ 2nd Place - $500,000 (walnut the hamster)
~ 3rd Place - $150,000 (Mars2moon)

My Pledge:
I pledge to judge the stories in fair way and not judge or discriminate you based on your age, gender, race, or writing style. The way you write, is the way you write, this contest is not for me but rather for you to share your creativity.
**Also, privacy matters in this, so if the story is personal I suggest changing the names of the people or tweaking the story so that it does not seem as realistic or detailed. (Suggestion Courtesy of PeacefulOreo)**

I look forward to all your stories and creative minds!

~ HOF 2
Last edited by HallOfFame 2 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
_Americanaa_
Visit My Farm

Re: WIN $1million - May 1st-June1st

Post by _Americanaa_ »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:
Hello all, I have seen many people asking for money and I have plenty and decided to host a competition that will require creativity but is not extremely hard. I, myself, am an author and love to write and read stories of all sorts and decided to make a writing contest here. Information is below!
How to Enter:
Your Name:
Genre:
Your Story:

Available Genres:
~ Romance
~ Fantasy
~ Thriller
~ Satire (Humorous)
~ Fiction
~ Realistic

Requirements:
~ No cursing, violence, or sexual content in stories
~ The story must be at least 500 words and a maximum of 1,500 words
~ You may only submit one story total, please do not submit again from your side account
~ Please DO NOT ping me or quote the message, simply just post your story below, thanks!

Submission Deadlines:
~ Open: May 1st, 2019
~ Ends: June 1st, 2019

Judging Period:
~ June 2nd-June 7th, 2019 (So I can read through each of the stories)

Winners to be Announced:
~ June 8th, 2019

Prize:
~ 1st Place - $1,000,000
~ 2nd Place - $500,000
~ 3rd Place - $150,000

My Pledge:
I pledge to judge the stories in fair way and not judge or discriminate you based on your age, gender, race, or writing style. The way you write, is the way you write, this contest is not for me but rather for you to share your creativity.
**Also, privacy matters in this, so if the story is personal I suggest changing the names of the people or tweaking the story so that it does not seem as realistic or detailed. (Suggestion Courtesy of PeacefulOreo)**

I look forward to all your stories and creative minds!

~ HOF 2
I would like to enter:
778catsdogshorses33
Romance
Story: A touch Away:
My mom is a thoroughbred, with a pitch black tail and pitch black mane. My dad, a Belgian, pure white with white mane and tail. Me, a filly. Pure black coat, white mane. I run over the hills with all my friends....." Interesting one you got here, Fred." " Yes, she's very odd, got good bloodlines though. Bet she's worth a lot." " I agree, however I can't buy any of your horses yet." " All right. See ya." I ran over the fields, waiting to meet up with Crimson Night. My best friend. I began talking to her, but then my crush Gray Thoughts came over. " What's up Kind Star?" " Nothing much Gray." I stared at his eyes, his gaze in my gaze. He stepped closer. I stepped closer. He said he loved me. I said I loved him back. We were going to give a gentle kiss, but my mom hollered for me. " Kind Star! Feeding time!" I galloped over. From that day on, Gray and I dated. A few years later we had a foal. A colt. He was adventurous. He hated staying home. He walked over the hills, and came at breakfast, dinner, and supper. Otherwise he was gone. One day I decided to follow him. I stayed a few feet away. He walked through a waterfall. I followed. Clip clop clip clop. When he stopped, in front of him was a beautiful filly. She must have been around 6 years older than him. She started running away, nickering. He followed. They ran a few miles, then stopped dead in their tracks. Wolves. About 12 of them. They were young horses, they couldn't fight them by them self. I decided to stay back. Just a little while, until they needed me. They began kicking and bucking. They got through about 7, but the rest were dominating. I ran to the rescue! I helped, but didn't come out pure and clean. I was hurt, he was hurt, and the filly was hurt. She was laying down. Breathing fast and shallow. I knew she didn't have much time. I walked up to her. I was a touch away from her, and her breathing stopped. My son ran up and cried. He buried his nose in her mane. As we walked away crying, we heard her nicker. " Guys....I was a touch away from heaven......then....God sent me back.... She couldn't say more than a few words, but as they weeks went on, she got better. Soon everyone was better, and happy.

The end! Enjoy!!
Dark Magic Rodeo Stables
"Breeding valid Thoroughbreds since 2019"

"I'm Way Too Young To Be This Stressed"
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Here's some random images I've found that look similar to one of the main characters (Note: I found the pictures on a Google Search so are not real images of real people I'm connected with):

Sierra at 17 years old: Image
Sierra at 23 years old: Image

Also, the 2 main characters sing "A Million Dreams" from the movie "The Greatest Showman". (I've only altered a few words. There's no cussing, swearing, and/or inappropriate sounds/words/images in the song. Here's the song in case you want to know what it sounds like (from YouTube): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rxgAh1bnHU

Also, a few of the characters are based on true people I know of in my life however, due to privacy reasons, their names have been changed.

Sierra and Kyle (Sierra and Kyle were 17 years old) had rode Thunder out into the forest by Sierra’s family’s ranch. Thunder was a mighty Thoroughbred stallion (nearly 18 hands tall and had the fine looks of an Arabian), the world’s fastest horse in history and currently. They had a picnic and now were sitting in the warm sunlight that was peaking through the forest trees.
“I close my eyes and I can see the world that’s waiting up for me, that I call my own,” Sierra started singing.
“Through the dark through the door through where no one’s been before but it feels like home,” Kyle joined in.
“They can say they can say it all sounds crazy.” (Sierra)
“They can say they can say we’ve lost our minds.” (Kyle)
“I don’t care I don’t care so call us crazy.” (Sierra)
“We can live in a world that we design.” (Kyle). Kyle stood up and held his hand out to Sierra. Sierra smiled at him and grabbed his hand and he lifted her up.
“Because every night I lie in bed, the brightest colors fill my head, a million dreams are keeping me awake a vision of the one I see, a million dreams is all it’s going to take, a million dreams for the world we’re gonna to make.” (Sierra). Sierra spins around, holding Kyle’s hand.
“There’s a house we can build every room inside is filled with things from far away the special things I compile each one there to make you smile on a rainy day.” (Kyle). Kyle leads Sierra away from the picnic blanket.
“They can say they can say it all sounds crazy, they can say they can say we’ve lost our minds I don’t care I don’t care if they call us crazy, runaway to a world that we design.” (Sierra)
“Every night I lie in bed, the brightest colors fill my head, a million dreams are keeping me awake I think of what the world could be a vision of the one I see, a million dreams is all it’s gonna take.” (Sierra and Kyle). Sierra and Kyle spun and danced around. Kyle lifts Sierra up and spins once and gently placed her back on the ground.
“A million dreams for the world we’re gonna make.” (Kyle)
“However big however small let me be part of it all, share your dreams with me, you may be right you may be wrong but say that you’ll bring me along, to the world you see.” (Sierra)
“To the world I close my eyes to see.” (Sierra and Kyle)
“Every night I lie in bed, the brightest colors fill my head.” (Kyle)
“A million dreams are keeping me awake.” (Sierra)
“A million dreams a million dreams.” (Kyle)
“I think of what the world could be a vision of the one I see a million dreams is all it’s gonna take, a million dreams for the world we’re gonna make, for the world we’re gonna make.” (Sierra and Kyle). They were now standing, Kyle’s arms around Sierra. Sierra looks at him, smiling. Kyle could still hear Sierra’s beautiful voice ringing in his head. Kyle looked at Sierra whose body was light, lean, and looked like she was finely and carefully carved by a woodcarver. Her long dark brown hair flowed lightly in the breeze. Kyle was tall, thin, and also had dark brown hair. He still remembered the day that Sierra and him had accidently bumped into each other. He had known of Sierra before they had even met because Sierra’s parents were famous from acting in the Harry Potter film series.

Now at 23 years old, Kyle was waiting for Sierra to come. He tried to get himself to stop shaking.
“Hi Kyle,” Sierra said.
“Hi Sierra,” Kyle said, smiling nervously.
“What’s up?” Sierra asked.
“Um, so, you know, today’s our 9 year dating anniversary.”
“Yes, and?” Sierra asked, seeming to know something was up.
“We’ve been friends for ten years.”
“And?”
“Will you marry me?” Sierra looked at him, giving him a smile.
“Of course I will,” Sierra said. She then threw her arms around him. He wrapped his arms around her. They then kissed. (Scene changes from them kissing under a tree to them kissing at their wedding several months afterwards). The two of them moved down to Florida to work at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and a year after that, they had their first baby, a baby girl named May. In the years following, May grew up and became a figure skater like her mother once was. May now had two younger siblings.
“I hope that our daughter won’t be too badly pressured,” Sierra said.
“What do you mean?” Kyle asked.
“Well, the fact given that I was a really good and fast learning figure skater in my youth, May has a lot of pressure on her since I’m her mother.”
“I’m sure she’ll do fine. Besides, no matter what, we still love her dearly.” Sierra and Kyle kissed.
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

Bump
walnut the hamster
Visit My Farm

Post by walnut the hamster »

Your Name: Walnut the hamster
Genre: Realistic
Your Story: My Path To Freedom

I had woke up in the same cage I had lived in for 23 years. Every day I did the same things the zookeeper fed me, gave me water, families came to stare at me, and then I went to sleep. I lived inside in a 400 square foot cage. It was barely enough room for me to move around. Everyone called me Thomas, but I never really liked that name. I got taken from the wild and separated from my mother at a very young age.
One Day I started to notice the same woman would come to visit me almost every week. Sometimes I heard her complaining to my zookeeper that elephants should not live in a zoo, but he would ignore her and tell her that I am fine. Sometimes she would talk to me and tell me that she will find a way to get me back to the wild, where I belong. I never believed her. I started to notice her more, and now she would come with some other man. I sometimes also heard them talking about other animals in the zoo.
One day, a few weeks later, I saw her and the man putting a gorilla in a cage and taking it away. After that, she didn’t visit for a couple of weeks, but she eventually returned. Now my zookeeper really seemed to hate her. Sometimes my zookeeper would forget to feed me or give me water, so most of the time I was either hungry or thirsty.
As time went on I started to notice more and more animals disappearing. It had been almost a year since the gorilla disappeared and I was the only animal left. No families visited me anymore, only that woman and that man. My zookeeper only bothered feeding me once a week.
One day, the woman and that man came and shooed me out of my cage into a trailer that was pulled behind a big truck. Inside there was plenty of food and water. Every couple of hours they would come in and check on me.
After what felt like weeks, I had arrived to my destination. The woman opened the trailer and let me out. I saw huge fields with many other elephants. I was so happy. The woman apologized to me about not being able to bring me back to the wild, but this was the closest thing she could get. I didn’t mind at all. It was a huge fence, so large that I couldn’t see the back of it.
They let me into the huge fence and the other elephants came to greet me. It had been almost 25 years since I had seen other elephants. It was the best day of my life. I could finally run again.
This all happened almost 30 years ago now. I still live with all my friends. Once and a while that woman comes to visit me, I could never thank her enough.

I hope you enjoy it!!
Last edited by walnut the hamster on Tue May 07, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lila2517
Visit My Farm

Post by Lila2517 »

(User)name: Lila2517
Genre: Satire
Story: (it is 450 words :( Is that not allowed?)
Dear Journal,
Last week I went n vacation to a place called Phonesburg. It was a very pretty little city, etc. But there was one thing not so exciting. Firstly, everyone, I mean EVERYONE, kept on looking at their phones. What's so interesting about a phone?! Secondly, on Tuesday, we (my parents and I), went to this museum about the history of Phonesburg, but while telling us about the history of Phonesburg, the guide kept on texting his girlfriend! It was extremely annoying! I asked him a question about a painting of the first mayor of Phonesburg, but he just hit a button on his phone and a robot started talking about the painting. Now I will tell you what happened on the street outside of our hotel room. It was called Apple Lane. Pretty name and stuff, but it is not the name of the fruit; it is a name of the phone company! Outside a man was driving a blue car, while looking at his horrifyingly expensive blue phone, while munching extremely expensive handmade blue galaxy donuts. He almost crashed into another man that was also looking at his phone. Behind the man who was almost crashed into, I see a woman that has been taking selfies for the last 10 minutes. I notice right away that she is a disquised movie star, model, and vlogger. She is also wearing a weird pair of black sunglasses and a almost real-looking blonde wig. I have to ask mom who she is; mom knows every movie star from 1940 to the present. Wait a minute, I see someone who is not looking at a phone! :) There is also a man falling into a big hole in the ground. He is wearing ugly pj's, that look like they have come from a trash can. It looks like the ugly pj man is trying to hide from a man with a red phone and red clothes. The red man is looking at his phone just like the others. Hey, I see what he is googling; he was googling weird ways of murdering. In front of the hotel I see a chubby man who has a lot of food in his hands. He has just bumped into a pole because he was too busy eating all the food before his mom finds out and takes all the food away for herself. Wait a minute! He is one of the only ones in the street that's not looking at his/her phone. I mean, that is strange! Maybe his mom took away his phone too. Ok bye! I have to go help mom pick an outfit for dinner!

This story was written from the point of view from a 10 year old. It is written in the descriptive form.
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

Lila2517 wrote:(User)name: Lila2517
That is okay, I can make an exception for this :) As long as you do your best.
Lila2517
Visit My Farm

Post by Lila2517 »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:
Lila2517 wrote:(User)name: Lila2517
That is okay, I can make an exception for this :) As long as you do your best.
Thank you! :D
Thundering Horses
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundering Horses »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:Hi
On September 9, 2006, a child with autism was born, and her name was May. But her family did not know she had autism until lots of tests were done. When May was born she had a problem with her heart. The doctors did not know what was wrong because they have never experienced that kind of interesting problem. So the scientists had to study her to find out what the problem was. They worked days, and nights, weeks, and weekends, but eventually they decided she was going to have to live with it. But soon she grew out of most of the major problems. She still had some of the problems left in her heart, but they were minor so she would live. That was good news because her family thought that she was not supposed to live. May went to school like any other kid, she played on the playground like any other kid, but one thing she couldn't do was play sports. And Of course, that's what she wanted to do most of all. May would go to all the games with her babysitter since her baby sitter was in 6th grade and she was only in second grade. May only had one friend and her name was Mari but then she moved away to England. The way they became friends was because she had heart problems and newly developed lung problems so some boys were teasing her. She hit one of them and then they punched her square in the face. She was the laughing stock of the school, and everyone disliked her because she was different. As May got older her parents started to notice that her face seemed a bit different than most of the other kids. May wasn't developing as well in school either. She was much slower than the other kids in her classes with the school.
May woke up one morning with a startle. ¨Hey mom¨ May asked when she went downstairs to have breakfast. ¨I was wondering if I could try out for a sport.¨ May said in a whisper voice. The thing about May was that she never asked her parents for anything. So, of course, she was nervous when she asked a question. ¨You know you can’t, your lungs and heart.¨ her mom said. ¨Not my soul!¨ May was getting upset. Her mom sighed¨what sport?¨ May had to think about that for a minute. ¨I was thinking track.¨ May's mom looked at her with a small smile. ¨I´m sure we can make that work.¨

Part 2
When her mom dropped her off at the try-outs she quickly said ¨I love you¨ and headed to the field. The other girls were huddled in a group, and she heard them laughing at her. ¨I can't believe She's trying out¨ said one of the girls. May slowly walked over to the coach ¨Hi I´m May. I´m here to try-out for the track team. They did try-outs, and May was the last one to be done. ¨Hi mom I´m home.¨ ¨How did it go?¨ her mom asked. ¨I don't know they said they would post a poster in the hall tomorrow.¨ May said. the next day there was a poster that was hung up which said who made the team she held her breath and saw she made the team. The mean girls did not like that she tried out and made the team because the coach thought she had potential. They felt that it was not fair to them. After a long day at school, she had her first practice. All they did the first day was get to know each other, but one thing happened that was strange to May. She met a boy that looked different from the rest. May walked up to the boy with an innocent look on her face. ¨Hi I´m May, what's your name?¨ He looked really shy, but he brightened once he saw May. ¨umm… I'm Auggie.¨ said the little boy. ¨Are you on the track team?¨ May questioned him. Auggie stared at her, ¨No, but my sister is¨ Auggie was a shy kid, and May knew that right away. ¨What's her name, because maybe I would know her?” May asked him. ¨Her name is Olivia, and she is in that popular group over there.¨ Auggie had a disappointed look on his face.
¨What's wrong?¨ May asked him.
¨I would rather not say¨ ¨Oh come on, you can trust me¨ May watched him for a minute.
¨I would rather not¨ ¨Whatever¨ Auggie walked away kinda fast for what May was hoping for. The next day was another practice. They started off by jumping jacks, and out of nowhere, the coach blew his whistle.
¨OK PIPSQUEAKS COME HERE PLEASE!!!!!¨, Of course, May was the first one there because she was super excited, and everyone else wasn´t. ¨Today is the second day of practice so let's all do some sprints to see who is the fastest, and so on.” Their coach yelled. May was NOT excited. She already knew she was the slowest. Then everyone started to run. ¨Wait did you say go?¨ May asked the coach. The coach nodded and said yes.
¨Hi I´m Shelby¨ this girl was running at the same pace as May was.
¨Hi I´m…..¨
Shelby interrupted, ¨I know who you are, you are May¨
May looked confused ¨How did you know?¨
¨I was in the same hospital as you when we were little¨ Shelby was smiling the whole time she was talking.
With a big grin on her face. They stayed together the whole practice, and after that practice, their moms met at a coffee shop while the girls got ice cream.
asked a question. ¨You know you can’t, your lungs and heart.¨ her mom said. ¨Not my soul!¨ May was getting upset. Her mom sighed¨what sport?¨ May had to think about that for a minute. ¨I was thinking track.¨ May's mom looked at her with a small smile. ¨I´m sure we can make that work.¨
Paelor
Visit My Farm

Post by Paelor »

[quote="HallOfFame 2"]

[/quote]

Your Name: Paelor
Genre:Realistic
Your Story: Rest in Peace, Toad (A short story/memory)

Looking outside hypnotically, I viewed the moon hidden behind the clouds on a chilly night after homecoming. The wind was blowing ever so gently, creating the perfect breeze in which my hair flowed beautifully. I inhaled the cool air as I climbed out my bedroom window with my puffy black dress and red Chucks, careful not to scrape my arms or knees. As I began to walk toward the pastures, I could hear nickering and whinnies from the Assurance Home's horses. The fields were gorgeous with wild flowers and not yet trimmed grass, perfect for grazing geldings. I held out an apple in the air, smiling.

"Toad! Where are you at, babe?" I called just above a whisper, trying not to wake the other residents or alert the workers of my nightly trip.

A large mustang and a few other horses, an Appaloosa and two Quarter Horses, trotted gloriously toward me. I held one hand out for each of them, making sure they knew I was there and not a threat in the moonlight, while hiding the delicious red in the other. They smelled and snorted, obviously looking for the apple behind my back. I laughed and danced around them, trying to catch the Mustang's attention. He held his head low, following me into the next pasture with gleaming eyes and a swishing tail.

"Let me close the gate, I don't want y'all fighting over this." I said as I closed the gate behind us. Tossing the apple up in the air and snatching it before it fell, I smiled at Toad. He was a beautiful horse, a bit fat, but still majestic in his nature. His bay coat and raven black mane shone just enough to be appreciated. I admired the tiger stripes and small white socks on his legs, walking backward in zigzags to the middle of the larger pasture. Toad whinnied and curled his upper lip, as if to say, "Give me that apple!" I gave a hearty laugh, showing him the maroon fruit. His ears perked forward while his tail twitched furiously.

"Honeybun, you gotta work for it. No easy treats here!" I said with a smile as I started jogging away from him.

I waited after a good few yards and turned back, not surprised to see Toad trotting at me. I laughed even more and started to run away from him, hearing his hooves pounding the ground. I started to pick up the pace as he trotted quickly next to me, turning into a lope, and ran along side him halfway across the field. I slowed down and bit the apple, holding the piece in my hand for him. He walked slowly towards me, nickering. I offered the apple more, waiting for the familiar sensation of his muzzle in my palm. Toad nibbled my fingers at first, then grabbed the apple with his fuzzy lips. He was a darling, waiting patiently for each next piece of apple to eat. After the fruit was bit to the core, I threw the remains over the fence for whatever other animals that may cross along the line.

"Good boy. I can't believe you actually ran with me and not over me." Toad kept nuzzling my hand as I tried to pet him. I smiled and brushed his mane with my fingers, gently tugging out the tangles and smoothing them. The mustang stood patiently, and tipped is back hoof, showing me he was relaxed. After a few minutes, I sat on the ground and patted the grass next to me. Toad looked at me for a bit, and slowly lowered himself to the ground with a grunt. I laughed once more, and moved to lay against his back, staring up at the stars.

"I think we'll go for a ride tomorrow, bud." I closed my eyes and slept, comforted by the slow breathing and rise and fall of Toad's rib cage.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I never thought I'd lose him, but it happened anyway, about three years after that night. I still miss him dearly, but I know he's in a peaceful place now. No more worries of being worked or spooked. He was the best horse I've worked with, also the most wary. One day I'll have another horse in his honor. He was truly my best friend. I may not remember all of our times together, but I will always remember the first night I snuck out to visit, just one of the many, many nights spent with all the horses of AH. May he rest in peace and be forever frolicking.

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:21 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:21 am