The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

WIN $1million *Judging Complete*

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Re: WIN $1million *Judging Complete*

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
HallOfFame 2 wrote:First of all,

All of your stories were wonderful and I loved reading them all. I encourage all of you to continue writing and sharing your creative thoughts, inspirations, and imagination. It was hard for me to choose only 3 winners from this batch of stories, but I just wanted to let you all know you did a wonderful job and I can see a lot of you guys perhaps becoming future authors!

Now for the winners:

CONGRATULATIONS WINNERS, I hope you all enjoyed this!

Also, for whoever participated and sees this please give me feed back to this question:

Should I hold another contest like this? And what should I do different about it?

Thank you again for participating and happy writing!
~ HOF 2
I enjoyed this contest and you should do it again. The only thing I would change is see if anyone wants feedback on their story and then if they want to, you could send them feedback, maybe?
Oh yes! I would be willing to do that, although I do feel that feedback should be done in private so that drama doesn't happen since some people may feel attacked. I also wrote in my pledge thatI wouldn't judge it based on perfect grammar and everything, so feedback would consist of that stuff as well. But a very good thought for me to consider in the next one!

~ HOF 2
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:
I enjoyed this contest and you should do it again. The only thing I would change is see if anyone wants feedback on their story and then if they want to, you could send them feedback, maybe?
Oh yes! I would be willing to do that, although I do feel that feedback should be done in private so that drama doesn't happen since some people may feel attacked. I also wrote in my pledge thatI wouldn't judge it based on perfect grammar and everything, so feedback would consist of that stuff as well. But a very good thought for me to consider in the next one!

~ HOF 2
It's just a suggestion but I did thoroughly enjoyed this contest. I've got a large imaginative brain and I'm really creative.
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
HallOfFame 2 wrote:

~ HOF 2
It's just a suggestion but I did thoroughly enjoyed this contest. I've got a large imaginative brain and I'm really creative.
I am glad you enjoyed this. I will host another one soon!

~ HOF 2
walnut the hamster
Visit My Farm

Post by walnut the hamster »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:First of all,

All of your stories were wonderful and I loved reading them all. I encourage all of you to continue writing and sharing your creative thoughts, inspirations, and imagination. It was hard for me to choose only 3 winners from this batch of stories, but I just wanted to let you all know you did a wonderful job and I can see a lot of you guys perhaps becoming future authors!

Now for the winners:
RoyalCrownAcres wrote:1st Place: $1,000,000
Story’s Title: Lost from the Ocean
Feedback: This story was extremely touching to me, hit me right in the heart. Beautifully written and love the idea and the way you chose to tell the story.
Please link me me a rehomble horse:
walnut the hamster wrote:2nd Place: $500,000
Story’s Title: My Path To Freedom
Feedback: I really liked this story as well, brings out how awful it is to cage such a big, loyal, innocent animal for our enjoyment, although it was sad the ending really concluded the story well. Great job!
Mars2moon wrote:3rd Place: $150,000
Story’s Title: The Shadows Behind Us
Feedback: First of all, I love this! I follow a couple of Facebook groups that track Wild Mustang Herds and this story was very well written and I loved how it was told from the mare's perspective.
CONGRATULATIONS WINNERS, I hope you all enjoyed this!

Also, for whoever participated and sees this please give me feed back to this question:

Should I hold another contest like this? And what should I do different about it?

Thank you again for participating and happy writing!
~ HOF 2
Thanks you so much!! Yes I would love for you to hold another contest!!!!
The home of the derpy horses!!!!!!!
honeybunny
Visit My Farm

Post by honeybunny »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:

~ HOF 2
Hey HOF 2!
Are you going to do this agian? I have another story that I would love to enter! It was a ton of fun to write Greyhound, considering that most my writing is confined to my novels that are being worked on/ in the publishing stage... I loved writing it! And even though it didn't win it was a fun brush up on writing 1st person! Thank you for the oppertunity! Also would you mind giving me feedback on what you thought of Grayhound? I love having a fellow writer give me feedback!
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

honeybunny wrote:
HallOfFame 2 wrote:

~ HOF 2
Hey HOF 2!
Are you going to do this agian? I have another story that I would love to enter! It was a ton of fun to write Greyhound, considering that most my writing is confined to my novels that are being worked on/ in the publishing stage... I loved writing it! And even though it didn't win it was a fun brush up on writing 1st person! Thank you for the oppertunity! Also would you mind giving me feedback on what you thought of Grayhound? I love having a fellow writer give me feedback!
Yes, I plan to in the near future. :) I am glad you had fun with this, that was my goal!
And yes, it was very difficult to decide but I an say if I would of had a runner up position, Greyhound
would have been a nominee along with some other stories. My plan is to do another contest much like this one
but instead have it based on more serious things, i.e. Verb tenses, grammar, punctuation (but I am not an editor so I can't be right about it all), and of course no plagiarism allowed.

Feed Back For Greyhound:
To start his off, I’m awful at criticizing people because I cannot for love be mean in any way. I actually really like this story. I thought it was very well written AND unique, not like some of the racehorse movies. I really loved how descriptive it was, I could definitely Imagine what was happening and felt“ in the moment” with the story. However, I do think that it seemed a bit rushed. I really like when things get down the nitty gritty deep stuff such as Character development. Now I know that this was supposed to be a short story, but for future if you want to expand it, would could go deeper. Here are some questions you may want to consider:

Why was Greyhound the best colt in ALL of Kentucky? (Bloodlines? Unique coat color?)

Since he was deaf and blind did people doubted him and he turned out to prove them wrong by winning?

Why was jockey chosen to ride the colt? Did he maybe also have a the same problem or one of them? (Deaf, blind in one eye due to an accident or birth?)

Who was the Bay colt? A blood sibling? Another horse that is very well known? Maybe this horse had better odds than Greyhound?

How was the jockey feeling while he was riding Greyhound before he came to his sense that Greyhound had won and was covered in roses?

* I really liked the ending, leaves it up to the reader to imagine what happened next

Hope this helped, I can go more in depth later on when I have the time.

~ HOF 2
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:32 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:32 am