The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Competitions with good reward

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Uralym
Visit My Farm

Competitions with good reward

Post by Uralym »

Hello!

I decided to make a try and run a campaign (sort of ^^ ) for popularizing my favorite breed - The Bashkir horse. To do this, I'm starting a series of competitions with a purse of 100000 bucks. This time it is chosen to be Working Ranch, it is already hosted and open for entries:

The competition

The rules are very simple (or either there are no special rules at all): just enter the competition, wait for the judging, get your reward and if you wish, check this thread for the next competition!

When one competition is ended, the next one will be hosted.

And it is the owner of the horse that gets the last place, who decides in what discipline will the next competition be!

Hopefully, this thing will be popular enough to continue! Please, feel free to post your opinions and wishes for future competitions. Maybe you would like to see something else as a reward in addition to the purse money (horses, breeding, etc.)? Or do you wish anything else to be improved? I'm open to ideas!
Previous events:
#1 Western Trail
#2 Barrel Racing
#3 Cutting
#4 Dressage
#5 Western Trail
#6 Working Ranch
#7 Western Pleasure
#8 Western Trail
#9 Show Jumping
#10 Barrel Racing
#11 Steeplechase
#12 Driven Dressage
Last edited by Uralym on Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Competitions with good reward

Post by Sawd10 »

Uralym wrote:
Hello!

I decided to make a try and run a campaign (sort of ^^ ) for popularizing my favorite breed - The Bashkir horse. To do this, I'm starting a series of competitions with a purse of 100000 bucks. The first one is Western Trail, it is already hosted and open for entries:

The competition

The rules are very simple (or either there are no special rules at all): just enter the competition, wait for the judging, get your reward and if you wish, check this thread for the next competition!

When one competition is ended, the next one will be hosted.

And it is the owner of the horse that gets the last place, who decides in what discipline will the next competition be!

Hopefully, this thing will be popular enough to continue! Please, feel free to post your opinions and wishes for future competitions. Maybe you would like to see something else as a reward in addition to the purse money (horses, breeding, etc.)? Or do you wish anything else to be improved? I'm open to ideas!
Hello! I hope you don't mind me replying on this topic....
I really hope you will keep this going! I just bought 2-4 Bashkirs... I like the breed a lot and I also bought them for your contest! I hope you will continue this, because I will join! :) Thanks.
-Sawd10
P.s I also know that my friend, walnut the hamster has a Bashkir that they enter!
Uralym
Visit My Farm

Post by Uralym »

walnut the hamster wrote:Ping!
Lion Pride Arabians wrote:Ping!
Sawd10 wrote:Ping!
Jmills wrote:Ping!
First of all, thank you all for entering the event and congratulations to the winners!

As stated above, the last place gets to choose the discipline for the next competition, this is to equalize the winning chances a bit and also to try the breed in different possible disciplines. So, Jmills, it's up to your choice!)

I'll create the next one as soon as the discipline is named, so, everybody, stay tuned!

Sawd10, thanks for your reply, players opinions mean a lot to me. I totally wish to continue hosting these competitions as long as there is interest!
walnut the hamster
Visit My Farm

Post by walnut the hamster »

Uralym wrote:
First of all, thank you all for entering the event and congratulations to the winners!

As stated above, the last place gets to choose the discipline for the next competition, this is to equalize the winning chances a bit and also to try the breed in different possible disciplines. So, Jmills, it's up to your choice!)

I'll create the next one as soon as the discipline is named, so, everybody, stay tuned!

Sawd10, thanks for your reply, players opinions mean a lot to me. I totally wish to continue hosting these competitions as long as there is interest!
OMG! I won I didnt know I won I was thinking why do i have 30k more than yesterday? Thanks and cant wait for the next!
And whats funny I bought my horse King from you! http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2045090
The home of the derpy horses!!!!!!!
Uralym
Visit My Farm

Post by Uralym »

walnut the hamster wrote: OMG! I won I didnt know I won I was thinking why do i have 30k more than yesterday? Thanks and cant wait for the next!
And whats funny I bought my horse King from you! http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2045090
Yeah, congrats! And it greatly pleases me to see that horses bred by me are getting good results)) And also, though now I'm one of the few Bashkir breeders here, I sincerely hope to become one of the many :)
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

Uralym wrote:

I will! :) These contests are a lot of fun. Your welcome!
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

walnut the hamster wrote:
Uralym wrote:

OMG! I won I didnt know I won I was thinking why do i have 30k more than yesterday? Thanks and cant wait for the next!
Yeah, I was that you won! congratulations. :D
walnut the hamster
Visit My Farm

Post by walnut the hamster »

Uralym wrote:
walnut the hamster wrote: OMG! I won I didnt know I won I was thinking why do i have 30k more than yesterday? Thanks and cant wait for the next!
Yeah, congrats! And it greatly pleases me to see that horses bred by me are getting good results)) And also, though now I'm one of the few Bashkir breeders here, I sincerely hope to become one of the many :)
Thanks I hope to become a breeder too!
The home of the derpy horses!!!!!!!
Jmills
Visit My Farm

Post by Jmills »

Let's do Barrels!
Uralym
Visit My Farm

Post by Uralym »

Pinging those who might be interested and bumping the thread up - announcing that the new competition has been hosted!
Also updated the link in the first post))
Good luck everybody!)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:47 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:47 pm