Community Forum

Sooty

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Leopard Horse
Visit My Farm

Sooty

Post by Leopard Horse »

So I have been thinking and would link to breed sooty TB's, but I have NO clue how to breed the color does anyone know?
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Re: Sooty

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

Leopard Horse wrote:So I have been thinking and would link to breed sooty TB's, but I have NO clue how to breed the color does anyone know?
So this does not belong here in the contests forum, rather in the general chat. But what I can tell you is you need find two horses who have sooty in their pedigree. Easiest way is to find a Sooty breeder who has a breeding pair available for you that both are sooty. Another way is cross breeding your TB's to a horse with sooty and then breeding them to pure.

Sooty is when the horse's coat goes from a lighter color to a darker version. Such as a chestnut horse, they can become a darker chestnut looking horse and perhaps even dapple when sooty occurs. The best way to tell if the horse is sooty is if the legs appear to have black smudges or the horse in general is a solid color with a darker hue to them (sometimes shown on the legs, shoulder, and the rump).

Hope this made sense, I really only summarized it.

~ HOF 2
"In order to succeed, we must first believe we can ~ Nikos Kazantzakis"
Leopard Horse
Visit My Farm

Post by Leopard Horse »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:
Leopard Horse wrote:So I have been thinking and would link to breed sooty TB's, but I have NO clue how to breed the color does anyone know?
So this does not belong here in the contests forum, rather in the general chat. But what I can tell you is you need find two horses who have sooty in their pedigree. Easiest way is to find a Sooty breeder who has a breeding pair available for you that both are sooty. Another way is cross breeding your TB's to a horse with sooty and then breeding them to pure.

Sooty is when the horse's coat goes from a lighter color to a darker version. Such as a chestnut horse, they can become a darker chestnut looking horse and perhaps even dapple when sooty occurs. The best way to tell if the horse is sooty is if the legs appear to have black smudges or the horse in general is a solid color with a darker hue to them (sometimes shown on the legs, shoulder, and the rump).

~ HOF 2
Ooo ok thx, (I ment to put it in general chit chat but it was late lol) could u breed me a foal I will pay 400k for it
Honeybunny#2
Visit My Farm

Post by Honeybunny#2 »

Leopard Horse wrote:
HallOfFame 2 wrote:

~ HOF 2
Ooo ok thx, (I ment to put it in general chit chat but it was late lol) could u breed me a foal I will pay 400k for it
So I breed sooty dapple TB's on my main... I have a sooty dapple Andalusian stud and a couple foals from him... my suggestion is contacting hazel... she has let me use two of her mares... I might have a couple horses down the road just let me know! :)
Leopard Horse
Visit My Farm

Post by Leopard Horse »

Honeybunny#2 wrote:
Leopard Horse wrote:
So I breed sooty dapple TB's on my main... I have a sooty dapple Andalusian stud and a couple foals from him... my suggestion is contacting hazel... she has let me use two of her mares... I might have a couple horses down the road just let me know! :)
Alright thx u will!!!!
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

Leopard Horse wrote:
HallOfFame 2 wrote:

~ HOF 2
I could possibly from my old lines. But it would just be one breeding, so you'd pay $400k regardless of the gender if that works for you?

~ HOF 2
Leopard Horse
Visit My Farm

Post by Leopard Horse »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:
Leopard Horse wrote:
I could possibly from my old lines. But it would just be one breeding, so you'd pay $400k regardless of the gender if that works for you?

~ HOF 2
yes that is perfectly fine with me!
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

Leopard Horse wrote:
HallOfFame 2 wrote:

~ HOF 2
Because it is an HOF bred Tb I do have some rules...

1. Do not sell the horse(either age it out or if you sell I will buy it back)
2. Do not offer it for public stud, only use for your personal horses (I you do this I will put you on my blocked list)
3. If you do end up wanting to sell the offspring, please make sure there are at least 3 generations between mine and yours

Lastly, are you wanting the horse trained and aged to breeding age? This will cost extra.

~ HOF 2
Leopard Horse
Visit My Farm

Post by Leopard Horse »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:
Leopard Horse wrote:

2. Do not offer it for public stud, only use for your personal horses (I you do this I will put you on my blocked list)
3. If you do end up wanting to sell the offspring, please make sure there are at least 3 generations between mine and yours

Lastly, are you wanting the horse trained and aged to breeding age? This will cost extra.

~ HOF 2
Ok I will follow your rules! and trained plz!
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

Leopard Horse wrote:
HallOfFame 2 wrote:

~ HOF 2
Ok I will follow your rules! and trained plz!
Including training it will cost $450k, does this work for you?

~ HOF 2
Become a Patron!