The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Shetland Pony Train and Compete

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Shetland Pony Train and Compete

Post by Scythian »

1. Buy one (or more) of these pure Shetland Pony weanlings for $100 each. Only these individuals are eligible.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/294089 Truffle
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/399806 Damsel's Silver
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/426674 Little Trinket
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/427866 Little Prince
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/450734 Smoke and Mirrors

2. Train her or him and compete. The goal is to earn as many competition points as possible between purchase date and March 4, 2017. All the weanlings are 6 or 7 months old, so they have to be aged up to at least 1 year. BTW, Xant’hippe and I are sponsoring 22 events, one for each of the HWO disciplines, for Shetland Ponies exclusively.

3. Enter your pony in the Shetland Pony Log Pull (level 10) or Shetland Pony In-Hand Jumping (level 10) competition on March 4. Your pony can be any age between 1 and 20 and competing at any level. Level 10 is simply the level to which all are admitted. I will screen-capture the pony's Profile Page with competition records at the time of the competition (In-Hand should run at 2:41 a.m. USA Central Time and Log Pull at 2:42 a.m.).

4. First prize is [Total competition points x {HWO dollars x 1.00)], up to 10,000. Examples: If your pony has won 10,000 or more points, and more than any one of the other 4 individuals, it will be awarded $10,000. If it has won 8,000, it will win $8,000.

5. Second prize is [Total competition points x {HWO dollars x 0.50)], up to 10,000. Examples: If your pony has won 10,000 or more points--but fewer than the first-place winner--it will be awarded $5,000. If it has won 8,000, it will win $4,000.

6. Third prize is [Total competition points x {HWO dollars x 0.25)], up to 10,000. Examples: If your pony has won 10,000 or more points--but fewer than the first AND second-place winners--it will be awarded $2,500. If it has won 8,000, it will win $2,000.

7. Check this topic on March 4 for winners and amounts.

8. The owner/s of the winners will be offered an "Award Pony" to buy for $1; they should then post that pony for sale to Scythian for the award amount + $1.
Winter'sDay
Visit My Farm

Re: Shetland Pony Train and Compete

Post by Winter'sDay »

Okay, I'll totally try this competition out!
Parsnip
Visit My Farm

Post by Parsnip »

Just bought Smoke and Mirrors. I'll see how she does.
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

I picked up Little Prince. This sounds fun!
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Katstica
Visit My Farm

Post by Katstica »

Picked up Little Trinket. Can't wait :D
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

Thanks to all! The competition is under way for sure!

UPDATE: all ponies purchased.

On March 4 I'll give results, per the first post.

New prize: $100 to anyone who posts a colt/stallion for stud.
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Re: Shetland Pony Train and Compete -- CHANGES posted Feb. 19, PLEASE READ

Post by Scythian »

ANNOUNCEMENT: Modifications to the Shetland Pony Contest!

Most competition rules will stay the same. Here are the ones that are NOT changed:

1. Buy one (or more) of these pure Shetland Pony weanlings for $100 each. Only these individuals are eligible.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/294089 Truffle
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/399806 Damsel's Silver
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/426674 Little Trinket
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/427866 Little Prince
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/450734 Smoke and Mirrors

2. Train her or him and compete. The goal is to earn as many competition points as possible between purchase date and March 4, 2017. All the weanlings are 6 or 7 months old, so they have to be aged up to at least 1 year. *** Competitions sponsored by Scythian and Xant’hippe have been modified.***

***** see below; 3. is changed *****

4. First prize is [Total competition points x {HWO dollars x 1.00)], up to 10,000. Examples: If your pony has won 10,000 or more points, and more than any one of the other 4 individuals, it will be awarded $10,000. If it has won 8,000, it will win $8,000.

5. Second prize is [Total competition points x {HWO dollars x 0.50)], up to 10,000. Examples: If your pony has won 10,000 or more points--but fewer than the first-place winner--it will be awarded $5,000. If it has won 8,000, it will win $4,000.

6. Third prize is [Total competition points x {HWO dollars x 0.25)], up to 10,000. Examples: If your pony has won 10,000 or more points--but fewer than the first AND second-place winners--it will be awarded $2,500. If it has won 8,000, it will win $2,000.

7. Check this topic on March 4 for winners and amounts.

8. The owner/s of the winners will be offered an "Award Pony" to buy for $1; they should then post that pony for sale to Scythian for the award amount + $1.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the changes -- they are minor but significant:

2. ORIGINALLY: "BTW, Xant’hippe and I are sponsoring 22 events, one for each of the HWO disciplines, for Shetland Ponies exclusively." OK, there will still be Shetland-Pony-exclusive events. However, quite a few did not get enough entries to run even once since they were initiated on January 29. Those will be removed or changed -- see below.

3. ORIGINALLY: "Enter your pony in the Shetland Pony Log Pull (level 10) or Shetland Pony In-Hand Jumping (level 10) competition on March 4. Your pony can be any age between 1 and 20 and competing at any level. Level 10 is simply the level to which all are admitted. I will screen-capture the pony's Profile Page with competition records at the time of the competition (In-Hand should run at 2:41 a.m. USA Central Time and Log Pull at 2:42 a.m.)."

NOW: The competitions you need to enter will now be titled "Challengers Shetland Pony Log Pull" and "Challengers Shetland Pony In-Hand Jumping" -- AND

-- they will run at different times, close to 10 a.m. Central (USA) Time. March 4 is still Standard time, BTW.

-- Since the purpose of these contests has been to help the Challengers who bought Scythian's weanlings and have been training them, the age of contestants will now be restricted to 1 (minimum the system allows) to 9 (ample time to train your youngsters, but younger than many established champions -- NOW you have a BETTER CHANCE TO WIN!

Thank you for your interest and efforts so far, and I look forward to awarding the winners on March 4th. I will do the screen caps and point totals ASAP AFTER Log Pull and In-Hand on the morning of March 4. :D
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Shetland Pony Train and Compete -- One more change!

Post by Scythian »

The contest is extended from March 4 to March 14. You have 10 more days to train and compete! :) Contest still ends with the Challengers Shetland Pony Log Pull and Challengers Shetland Pony In-Hand Jumping competitions on that date.

See all "Shetland Pony" breed-specific competitions for opportunities, as well as the general competitions for Driven Dressage, Harness Racing, In-Hand Jumping, Log Pull, Marathon Driving, and Obstacle Driving.
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Re: Shetland Pony Train and Compete -- REMINDER

Post by Scythian »

Hello to Winters' Day, Parsnip, Rodeo_Ace, Katstica, and Renvers:

The competition will end on Tuesday, March 14, as previously described. You have one more weekend plus Monday -- and depending on your time zone, perhaps a lot of Tuesday!

So far,

Dansel's Silver = 705 pts., Champion, In-Hand Jumping
Little Prince = 274 pts.
Little Trinket = 1,478 pts. Grand Champion, In-Hand Jumping
Smoke and Mirrors = 133 pts.
Truffle = 6,184 pts., Master Champion, In-Hand Jumping and Log Pull; Grand Champion, Obstacle Driving; and Champion, Marathon Driving.

If no further points are won, Truffle would win $6,184; Little Trinket would win $739; and Damsel"s Silver would win $176.

Owners of Truffle and Little Prince may increase their winnings by $100 by posting them for breeding.

Check back on Tuesday. Running times of the competitions have changed because a competition only runs when 5 are entered. It would be excellent if there were enough entrants to return "Challengers Shetland Pony In-Hand Jumping" and "Challengers Shetland Pony Log Pull" to their original 10 a.m. Central Time spots. That is now Daylight Saving Time, please note.

Good luck to all!
Scythian
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Quick Note Re: Shetland Pony Train and Compete

Post by Scythian »

The two "Challenge" shows which mark the end of this competition are, at the moment, scheduled to run at 3:30 p.m. tomorrow, CDT.

Lately I've had to enter one to three of my own ponies to make the competitions run, as they need 5 entrants at minimum. Please understand I'm *only* doing this to make the show go, not to take away points or placings from anyone. HWO's show placings have a random factor, so that even ponies as minimally trained as the ones I have been entering can place higher than they really "deserve" to. :lol:

Thanks to all the competitors, and I will be announcing awards tomorrow. :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:31 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:31 pm