The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

For the Caspian! [$1,000,000 + Fully Trained Deliboz - First Prize] -- RESULTS POSTED!

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Re: For the Caspian! [$1,000,000 + Fully Trained Deliboz - First Prize]

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

lessthanfish wrote:What date is the official end of the competition?
Because of my being late in posting them I pushed it back to the 17th of this month.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
lessthanfish
Visit My Farm

Post by lessthanfish »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:
lessthanfish wrote:What date is the official end of the competition?
Because of my being late in posting them I pushed it back to the 17th of this month.
Alright.
I will be ready!
lessthanfish
Visit My Farm

Post by lessthanfish »

I have another question. (sorry for bothering you about this so much haha)

It mentions in the rules that you will judge body condition for the progeny.
My Caspian herd is so large that when I cull some from the breeding population they get put in a pasture where they eat a bunch of grass and wind up quite fat.
There are so many Caspian, in fact, that monitoring the body condition is extremely difficult and often very inconvenient.

Should I make preparations to get all of my horses in shape for the judging?
And how many points are docked for fat ones?
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

lessthanfish wrote:I have another question. (sorry for bothering you about this so much haha)

My Caspian herd is so large that when I cull some from the breeding population they get put in a pasture where they eat a bunch of grass and wind up quite fat.
There are so many Caspian, in fact, that monitoring the body condition is extremely difficult and often very inconvenient.

It's all good! I'm glad you are asking - because most of this is in my head but not on forum - which is bad. To answer your question, I will be looking at the overall condition of her offspring. No points will be deducted for a really fat horse but I will be adding bonus points ( 5 per horse ) if they have fantastic conformation for a Caspian. This however is more of a "bonus". These points will be more of a deciding factor is there is a close tie between two competitors. :) Think of it as the secondary icing on the cake?
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
lessthanfish
Visit My Farm

Post by lessthanfish »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:
lessthanfish wrote:I have another question. (sorry for bothering you about this so much haha)

It's all good! I'm glad you are asking - because most of this is in my head but not on forum - which is bad. To answer your question, I will be looking at the overall condition of her offspring. No points will be deducted for a really fat horse but I will be adding bonus points ( 5 per horse ) if they have fantastic conformation for a Caspian. This however is more of a "bonus". These points will be more of a deciding factor is there is a close tie between two competitors. :) Think of it as the secondary icing on the cake?
Mmkay.
Thanks for the clarification
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Re: For the Caspian! [$1,000,000 + Fully Trained Deliboz - First Prize] -- RESULTS POSTED!

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Congrats to everyone who competed! It was wonderful to watch so many Caspians flood the game with a new and improved outlook! Below are the posted results.

1st place goes to: Lessthanfish with more than 15,645 points.
[to be honest there would be more points but after a little less than an hour of going threw them all I got tired of it]
Prize: 1,000,000 and a Fully Trained Deliboz horse - not that you need/want another one. :)
lessthanfish wrote:ping
2nd Place goes to: OdinLOVE with 245 points.
Prize: 500,000 + Free Deliboz Colt & Filly [From Riverside Stock]
OdinLOVE wrote:ping
3rd Place goes to: Aschaab with 125 points
Prize: $100,000
aschaab wrote:ping
4th Place goes to: GracelynEquus
Prize: $50,000
[that mess up in horses made me feel a little bad, so even though you didn't compete I wanted you to be in the top 4.]
gracelynequus wrote:ping
5th goes to grassybutt as they rehomed their mare, and the prize money has been removed as well.

As my work schedule is funny at the moment this could be subject to change.
Ok! Now lets talk prizes. I will be on Friday morning at 10:00 to exchange an unwanted horse for your prize money and for those of you who won a Deliboz to get that horse to you.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
GracelynEquus
Visit My Farm

Re: For the Caspian! [$1,000,000 + Fully Trained Deliboz - First Prize] -- RESULTS POSTED!

Post by GracelynEquus »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:Congrats to everyone who competed! It was wonderful to watch so many Caspians flood the game with a new and improved outlook! Below are the posted results.

[that mess up in horses made me feel a little bad, so even though you didn't compete I wanted you to be in the top 4.]
Ok! Now lets talk prizes. I will be on Friday morning at 10:00 to exchange an unwanted horse for your prize money and for those of you who won a Deliboz to get that horse to you.
Thank you so much!

Quick question, will you do this contest again?

Thanks!! <3
lessthanfish
Visit My Farm

Post by lessthanfish »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:Congrats to everyone who competed! It was wonderful to watch so many Caspians flood the game with a new and improved outlook! Below are the posted results.

1st place goes to: Lessthanfish with more than 15,645 points.
[to be honest there would be more points but after a little less than an hour of going threw them all I got tired of it]
Prize: 1,000,000 and a Fully Trained Deliboz horse - not that you need/want another one. :)
lessthanfish wrote:ping
3rd Place goes to: Aschaab with 125 points
Prize: $100,000
aschaab wrote:ping
5th goes to grassybutt as they rehomed their mare, and the prize money has been removed as well.

As my work schedule is funny at the moment this could be subject to change.
You don't have to get me a fully trained one (or the money haha, I just wanted to participate because it seemed fun)
But I wouldn't mind a filly, to add some new blood to my herd when I start it back up again.
OdinLOVE
Visit My Farm

Post by OdinLOVE »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:

Woaw thanks, I was a bit disappointed in the amount that I personally got done, but school has been stressful ahahaha, Thanks again. But feel free to keep the colt/filly, I don't really have a need for a deliboz.Ahaha But I hope you will host another comp like this one!!!
WHat timezone are you in??
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

GracelynEquus wrote:
Thank you so much!

Quick question, will you do this contest again?

Thanks!! <3
Yaya!

I will do similar contests again. I haven't really worked out what I want to next one to be yet.

Post a "crappy" horse for your prize money and I will pick it up from ya. :)
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 pm