The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

The best allrounder.

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Ricardo Ardo
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

The best allrounder.

Post by Ricardo Ardo »

As the title says the aim is to find the best all round competitor. If you have a horse or Pony that you think could compete over multiple events then this is the one for you. The rules are quite simple and are as follows.

1. Post a discipline. you may only post one discipline and it must not have been posted already.
2. Post the horse or pony you wish to compete with. The same horse or pony will be competing in all the disciplines posted. (you can delay posting your horse or pony until you see all the disciplines he or she will have to compete in) but must be posted before the competition starts.
Ideally I would like seven competitors but I will start the competition with only five.
once I have enough competitors I will host a level 10 competition in each of the disciplines posted. I will put links to the competitions in this post and each competitor will enter their horse or pony in every competition.

Scoring.

As the competitions will be open to anybody to enter I will award 1 points for your finishing position. for example if there ten competitors in the event 10 points will be awarded to the winner 9 to second 8 to third and so on down to 1 point for last place.
An event with only 5 competitors will have the winner taking 5 points second place 4 and so on down to 1 for last place.

The winner will be the person who amasses the most points over all the events.
In the event of a tie the person with the most wins will be deemed the winner.

Prizes.
The winner will receive $250,000 Plus a fully trained Merens Pony with hgp of at least 60K.

I'll start the ball rolling and post.
So far we have

Show jumping.
Log pulling.
Steeplechase.
Racing.
Hunter.
Endurance.
Cross country.
Harness Racing.
Marathon Driving.
Barrel Racing.

Competition now closed.
Last edited by Ricardo Ardo on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Weaving
Visit My Farm

Re: The best allrounder.

Post by Weaving »

This is a fab idea, I'll throw log pulling into the mix!
Mega
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Mega »

Steeplechase
jodie1029
Visit My Farm

Post by jodie1029 »

Racing
Shellyttexas
Visit My Farm

Post by Shellyttexas »

hunter
Ricardo Ardo
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ricardo Ardo »

Thank you everybody for entering. We have enough to start but I'm sure you agree with me that a few more would make a more interesting competition. With that in mind I will wait another 24 hours before setting the competitions. I'm only able to host seven competitions so if we get more entries than that if somebody would be good enough to host the excess it would be much appreciated.
Arctictea
KS Backer
KS Backer
Visit My Farm

Post by Arctictea »

Endurance
Arctictea
KS Backer
KS Backer
Visit My Farm

Post by Arctictea »

Entered!

My stallion is quite old, he will probably die before the competitions are judged. Will they run as if he's still alive?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Arctictea wrote:Entered!

My stallion is quite old, he will probably die before the competitions are judged. Will they run as if he's still alive?
Yes. The competition horses are judged the moment they enter. Regardless of if your stallion dies, he will still place somewhere in the competition.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:52 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:52 am