The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Favorite Horse World Online Horses

Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Favorite Horse World Online Horses

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: Your reply sounds almost exactly like what I would respond. My black and whites are bay and whites... and my Tchenarani's are the rare breed sales, alongside low GP. Those recipe quests take TOO long...

:roll:
We're falling behind! :lol:
Well we do seem to have very similar play styles. :lol: I'd say your low GP is my Tchens, seeing as I also have my rare-breed project (getting a stud of every breed). Our farms could be fraternal twins! :P
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: Your reply sounds almost exactly like what I would respond. My black and whites are bay and whites... and my Tchenarani's are the rare breed sales, alongside low GP. Those recipe quests take TOO long...

:roll:
We're falling behind! :lol:
Well we do seem to have very similar play styles. :lol: I'd say your low GP is my Tchens, seeing as I also have my rare-breed project (getting a stud of every breed). Our farms could be fraternal twins! :P
LOL
That could be... more true than we realize!

The game does seem to pull in a very particular type and style of gamer. So I suppose that shouldn't be surprising. :mrgreen:

If only some of these things moved quicker... or I stopped tackling projects I don't have room for to begin with! :roll:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: LOL

The game does seem to pull in a very particular type and style of gamer. So I suppose that shouldn't be surprising. :mrgreen:

If only some of these things moved quicker... or I stopped tackling projects I don't have room for to begin with! :roll:
Ugh. I relate soo much on the space thing. That and not having enough broodmare slots. I try a bunch of different quests all at once and have an average of three mares per quest (sometimes more like 6 or 12 depending on breed difficulty) which all start clashing with my competition horses. And then I have one of those "Oh! I need to breed this cross/that breed before this horse ages out!" moments which takes up another breeding spot.

And then those days where I haven't played in like two days and I come back and a foal pops and I have NO IDEA WHAT I WAS BREEDING IT FOR. I've gotten better about that by labeling the parents for certain things, but then there are those times when I want to do a quick cross for something else and then I literally can't figure out what the purpose of the foal was.

I need to start a spreadsheet or something... :roll:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: LOL

Ugh. I relate soo much on the space thing. That and not having enough broodmare slots. I try a bunch of different quests all at once and have an average of three mares per quest (sometimes more like 6 or 12 depending on breed difficulty) which all start clashing with my competition horses. And then I have one of those "Oh! I need to breed this cross/that breed before this horse ages out!" moments which takes up another breeding spot.

And then those days where I haven't played in like two days and I come back and a foal pops and I have NO IDEA WHAT I WAS BREEDING IT FOR. I've gotten better about that by labeling the parents for certain things, but then there are those times when I want to do a quick cross for something else and then I literally can't figure out what the purpose of the foal was.

I need to start a spreadsheet or something... :roll:
:? Got three of those saved with 7 separate datas on one, 5 on another and my general lead one (with all the basic game informations plus primary, though not currently working projects) with a whopping 17 on it.

I recommend having overall project analysis and goals on the spreads and individual data plus project name on the owner's notes per horse.

And even yet, I still run into what you do as well. So, spreadsheet or not, it only catches so much.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: :? Got three of those saved with 7 separate datas on one, 5 on another and my general lead one (with all the basic game informations plus primary, though not currently working projects) with a whopping 17 on it.

I recommend having overall project analysis and goals on the spreads and individual data plus project name on the owner's notes per horse.

And even yet, I still run into what you do as well. So, spreadsheet or not, it only catches so much.
Yeah, but it would at least catch more than I'm catching now using just my own memory. :lol:

My competition lines I usually do not have a problem keeping organized. They're very small comparatively and exceedingly goal-oriented/driven - only a very small percentage of foals actually make it through the vetting process so it's easier to keep track of them. I also have a ridiculous amount of their info in their comments so that I can reference it even after they've moved on.

The quests, on the other hand, are all over the place. :roll: I popped over to my freezer to check out a few things and realized I have a bunch of Anglo-Arabians over there that I was going to be using for projects. Meanwhile I'm over here trying to breed new ones before the ones here age out, panicking because I still need them, not remembering what a hoard of them I still have. *sigh* Also the ones in storage have better evals for the breeds I'm going for. :P
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
Yeah, but it would at least catch more than I'm catching now using just my own memory. :lol:

My competition lines I usually do not have a problem keeping organized. They're very small comparatively and exceedingly goal-oriented/driven - only a very small percentage of foals actually make it through the vetting process so it's easier to keep track of them. I also have a ridiculous amount of their info in their comments so that I can reference it even after they've moved on.

The quests, on the other hand, are all over the place. :roll: I popped over to my freezer to check out a few things and realized I have a bunch of Anglo-Arabians over there that I was going to be using for projects. Meanwhile I'm over here trying to breed new ones before the ones here age out, panicking because I still need them, not remembering what a hoard of them I still have. *sigh* Also the ones in storage have better evals for the breeds I'm going for. :P
Hah! Been there too. Cleaning out the quest horses after going through a couple and finding you have not just two duplicates of studs and mares sitting over there but another two or three that you just made and used to create those breeds on the primary farm. That continued to happen. Now it's getting better, but still too many. I had another pair of duplicates over there frozen and waiting. The problem with some of the duplicates is one pair is lighter that might work better for the one quest... and the other is a little heavier, that might work better for the other quest... which one to keep when room is golden and neither of the quests is open to breeding just yet? :roll:

Needless to say, I'm seeing an end to these recipe quests. I'm down to 54. Still too many, but the quantity that I have hanging around waiting their chance with unlocking quests, has dwindled from more than 80 frozen horses to a mere and much more handlebar 15 frozen... with about 15 more cycling through breedings because frozen is filled with other projects and the quests require different size/type/height then I have. :| Of course I remember when I had almost 150? more maybe? just floating... I really needed to think about how to tackle the recipe quests before just leaping in. That was my mistake.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
The problem I have is when later quests require super early breeds (Mongolian, Sorraia, TB) that I completely forgot to keep hold of. Luckily most of those have public studs around, but of course none of the public studs are the right height or build so I have to cross with grades and everything just gets messy.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
The problem I have is when later quests require super early breeds (Mongolian, Sorraia, TB) that I completely forgot to keep hold of. Luckily most of those have public studs around, but of course none of the public studs are the right height or build so I have to cross with grades and everything just gets messy.
Yes, I had that same problem. Still Have that problem. Especially on this rare side of the recipe quests.

My Niche Market list will give you a heads up on some of them:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =8&t=18815

That's a handful of the worst ones I came across.
You'll need to keep a heavy taller and a heavy shorter Tb on hand as well. And I do recommend keeping a grade of certain requirements around as well, for just what you came across. That is the quickest way to getting the req's... at least the quickest I've found.

I still have a heavy shorter Tb on market, but after my quests are done, he'll be aged out. So until that time... :lol:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Wanted to share this lovely lady as well. She's a stunning blonde red dun with heavy pangare, but is just the right shade that she almost looks like a silver grulla without dapples.

Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

I got my Fell so was going to rehome this guy, but he's got such a lovely mixture of sooty and pangare that I just couldn't. He looks like a sooty buckskin but actually doesn't have cream. :lol:

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:15 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:15 am