The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Favorite Horse World Online Horses

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Favorite Horse World Online Horses

Post by BlackOak2 »

I'm doing this for myself, but anybody is welcome to post. Regardless of whether you own the horse or not, if you like the looks of one for whatever reason, save a linked picture here. Hopefully, we'll also get correct color identifications as well.

Really, I'm posting this so that absolute favorites don't get lost. Too many times I think back on one (either my own or somebody else's), where was that one I saw? It happens often and I no longer want to do it myself.

So I've noticed a few of these favorites have been rehomed. It's not a big deal, but I would prefer that to not happen. If by chance it's your horse that appears in this post and you plan to not keep them (rehome), or even sell them, feel free to contact me. I'm more than willing to age them out, just so their pictures are saved. If you don't already know, horses I take in under circumstances like this don't get used by me (I have closed bloodlines), nor do I stud them out or sell them afterward.
Thank You!

Also!!! Take a look at the AC glitch topic that has some amazing pics. They certainly want me to raise a hand and say: 'admin! keep these looks and pass them on to their offspring!' Hah!
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 0&p=100671

No Need To Quote, Please.
Last edited by BlackOak2 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Favorite Horse World Online Horses

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silver Wild Bay Pangare

And she gave me some very nicely colored offspring (I didn't keep them all, they didn't pass my requirements)

Silver Wild Bay Dun Pangare

Wild Bay Dun Pangare (maybe not pangare, not sure)
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Making a post here so that I can add interesting ponies to it later. :)

Browsing through old stud adds I found this very interesting boy:

You can't see the white on his mane anymore because it grew out and flopped over but I'm in the process of breeding him to some spiky-maned mares to see what happens. :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:Making a post here so that I can add interesting ponies to it later. :)

You can't see the white on his mane anymore because it grew out and flopped over but I'm in the process of breeding him to some spiky-maned mares to see what happens. :)
What's the cause of that?
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Silverine wrote:Making a post here so that I can add interesting ponies to it later. :)

I'm not sure exactly. But it's something that's supposed to show up in Fjords, so I think it might be related to the Gulastra plume that we see in the tail. I'm trying to see if it can be reproduced since I've never seen another horse with it.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
I'm not sure exactly. But it's something that's supposed to show up in Fjords, so I think it might be related to the Gulastra plume that we see in the tail. I'm trying to see if it can be reproduced since I've never seen another horse with it.
That would certainly be an interesting addition. I've seen (and I'm sure you have), similar with Dun genes and silver genes, but not quite like that. I wonder if it's directly related to the cream gene.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: That would certainly be an interesting addition. I've seen (and I'm sure you have), similar with Dun genes and silver genes, but not quite like that. I wonder if it's directly related to the cream gene.
I think this exact expression of it may be linked to cream - particularly buckskin. It seems to have come from the sire, though the sire does not display it. His foals have the plume, but I can't find any with a short mane to see if they had it there or not. foal foal foal
The expression is always more pronounced on the buckskins.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Actually, here's one that had it in the mane as a youngster, but not as stark as the buckskin: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3050
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

I've taken to calling this the "shooting star" snowflake pattern:

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

I like those shooting star patterns. It also seems to demonstrate the edging areas on the leopard complex.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:30 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:30 am