The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

closed!

Golden Lotus Stables
Visit My Farm

closed!

Post by Golden Lotus Stables »

Hi Guys:)

So i have a challenge for whom ever wants to take on it.I am in need of pedigree excel spreadsheet log made, well at least the basic layout of it and i will fill it in with all of my horses.I have one made but mine seems a bit complicated and not practical.Anyone is good at making them is welcome to throw ideas over :D. If anyone has any ideas on how to freeze multiple panes in a spreadsheet and not just top part is definitely a plus,(if its even doable).I can use chrome excel or windows both options.In exchange i will offer 100,000 coins and free Akhal-Teke breeding to a stallion of your choice in my 1-13 stables, sorry they scattered.

thank you
Last edited by Golden Lotus Stables on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: needing an excel spreadsheet made

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Golden Lotus Stables wrote:Hi Guys:)

So i have a challenge for whom ever wants to take on it.I am in need of pedigree excel spreadsheet log made, well at least the basic layout of it and i will fill it in with all of my horses.I have one made but mine seems a bit complicated and not practical.Anyone is good at making them is welcome to throw ideas over :D. If anyone has any ideas on how to freeze multiple panes in a spreadsheet and not just top part is definitely a plus,(if its even doable).I can use chrome excel or windows both options.In exchange i will offer 100,000 coins and free Akhal-Teke breeding to a stallion of your choice in my 1-13 stables, sorry they scattered.

thank you

It might help if we have an idea of what you already have.

While, I don't think there is a way to freeze multiple rows in excel, without purchasing outside programs. You can use new window and put the windows one above so you can view two (or more) separate parts of the spreadsheet.

New window should be located under your view tab (dependent on the version and if you've altered your ribbon or not)

If your version of Office doesn't support that function, then Kingsoft Office is an alternative that is free and is comparable to Office (and all its files are capable of being opened and edited in Office if need be). While Kingsoft doesn't have all the bells and whistles that Microsoft Office has, it is perfect for the average user.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Golden Lotus Stables
Visit My Farm

Baranduin Brewster wrote:
Golden Lotus Stables wrote:Hi Guys:)

thank you

While, I don't think there is a way to freeze multiple rows in excel, without purchasing outside programs. You can use new window and put the windows one above so you can view two (or more) separate parts of the spreadsheet.

New window should be located under your view tab (dependent on the version and if you've altered your ribbon or not)

If your version of Office doesn't support that function, then Kingsoft Office is an alternative that is free and is comparable to Office (and all its files are capable of being opened and edited in Office if need be). While Kingsoft doesn't have all the bells and whistles that Microsoft Office has, it is perfect for the average user.

My idea would be to track my horses GP and stats whether they are going up or down that's really all it is,as well as pedigree .I figured this wasn't going to be easy to freeze multiple rows that is fine I guess I can work with that. What I currently have is in a form of a table but I am looking more so at a branch idea look with color coding to identifying the foals from what sire and dam. Couldn't figure out for the life of me how to add +/- signs besides stats to identify up or down without excel thinking it has to be a formula which I do not want to be. Hopefully this clarifies a little more Baranduin Brewster :)

thanks
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Golden Lotus Stables wrote:

My idea would be to track my horses GP and stats whether they are going up or down that's really all it is,asw ell is pedigree .I figured this wasn't going to be easy as multiple to freeze multiple rows that is fine I guess I can work with that. What I currently have is in a form of a table but I am looking more so at a branch idea look with color coding to identifying the foals from what sire and dam. Couldn't figure out for the life of me how to add +/- signs besides stats to identify up or down without excel thinking it has to be a formula which I do not want to be. Hopefully this clarifies a little more Baranduin Brewster :)

thanks
As long as you don't put an = sign in the cell, excel just thinks it is a positive or negative sign. Alternitively, there is a function (depending what version your using) so that you can color code the information, say green for it went up or red if it went down...if that would work?
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
Golden Lotus Stables
Visit My Farm

Yup that is the idea, now some reason lol I never used = sign and still showed as formula
Golden Lotus Stables
Visit My Farm

My idea would be to track my horses GP and stats whether they are going up or down that's really all it is,asw ell is pedigree .I figured this wasn't going to be easy as multiple to freeze multiple rows that is fine I guess I can work with that. What I currently have is in a form of a table but I am looking more so at a branch idea look with color coding to identifying the foals from what sire and dam. Couldn't figure out for the life of me how to add +/- signs besides stats to identify up or down without excel thinking it has to be a formula which I do not want to be. Hopefully this clarifies a little more Baranduin Brewster :)

thanks
As long as you don't put an = sign in the cell, excel just thinks it is a positive or negative sign. Alternitively, there is a function (depending what version your using) so that you can color code the information, say green for it went up or red if it went down...if that would work?
Also that just reminded me how do we go about having that spreadsheet sent without giving away your personal email,can it be done through the game?
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Also that just reminded me how do we go about having that spreadsheet sent without giving away your personal email,can it be done through the game?[/quote]

You can upload it into Google Docs and link it via that to protect your personal email or use a trash email account
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
Golden Lotus Stables
Visit My Farm

right!makes sense lol never done it but I do have google docs, so I'm to assume your interested in making one for me? is not mistaken):
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Golden Lotus Stables wrote:right!makes sense lol never done it but I do have google docs, so I'm to assume your interested in making one for me? is not mistaken):
I can give it a go, I do like to format Spreadsheets...the only thing is, I will be using Kingsoft (but like I said, it can be viewed and edited in Excel).

How soon do you need it done? I probably will not get it done until next week sometime.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
Golden Lotus Stables
Visit My Farm

you know what, hold of on it for now:) let me see if I can give it a go myself, I sort of needing it sooner, sorry didn't mean to waste your time there.Ill update the forum, thanks tho.Btw nice horses, I saw few you have with amazing strength
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:44 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:44 pm