The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Some Help Please..?

GypsyHorse
Visit My Farm

Some Help Please..?

Post by GypsyHorse »

So, I recently joined Horse World Online, completed the quest and looked around in the forums. Someone said to ask for advice in the chat, so I did that. A player told me to rehome all my horses and buy a new, better one from the market, so I rehomed my old horses and bought a Gypsy Vanner mare from the market.
I also bought a Gypsy Vanner stallion, and bred them.
But I only have like 2k and Local Shows aren't getting me a lot of money. What do I do? I don't have a trained horse, so I can't win competitions, and I don't have enough money to buy one... :( :( :(
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Some Help Please..?

Post by BlackOak2 »

GVanner Champ wrote:So, I recently joined Horse World Online, completed the quest and looked around in the forums. Someone said to ask for advice in the chat, so I did that. A player told me to rehome all my horses and buy a new, better one from the market, so I rehomed my old horses and bought a Gypsy Vanner mare from the market.
But I only have like 2k and Local Shows aren't getting me a lot of money. What do I do? I don't have a trained horse, so I can't win competitions, and I don't have enough money to buy one... :( :( :(
At this point, you grind away in the local competitions. Find a local competition that you can make 80% firsts (in-hand usually works best). Try level 5. With your horses HGP (horse genetic potential), your horses should at least pull firsts at level 5. I suspect yours may be able to do log pull, in hand or cross country at level 7 with firsts.
Try not to rely on player-made competitions as your biggest or only money maker. Your bread and butter (especially during the early stages) is going to be the local competitions (I still rely on the locals as my bread and butter). Once you learn skills from competition management, this can help to supplement your income, if you post player made competitions wisely (there's some help in the help section about this as well).
Training other peoples horses can earn you some money. Be aware that new accounts can take up to 6 game years or longer to train a horse fully (99 or greater percent in all stats). Plus learning these skills take the longest. Most players looking for trainers are looking for horses to be done in 5 years and less, the closer to 3 years the better.
The other way to 'make money quick' is to do the quests and level up. Leveling will get you something like 20k and 50 or more pony tokens, as you increase levels, these amounts also rise.

I hope this helps you.
Good Luck!
GypsyHorse
Visit My Farm

Post by GypsyHorse »

BlackOak2 wrote:
GVanner Champ wrote:So, I recently joined Horse World Online, completed the quest and looked around in the forums. Someone said to ask for advice in the chat, so I did that. A player told me to rehome all my horses and buy a new, better one from the market, so I rehomed my old horses and bought a Gypsy Vanner mare from the market.
At this point, you grind away in the local competitions. Find a local competition that you can make 80% firsts (in-hand usually works best). Try level 5. With your horses HGP (horse genetic potential), your horses should at least pull firsts at level 5. I suspect yours may be able to do log pull, in hand or cross country at level 7 with firsts.
Try not to rely on player-made competitions as your biggest or only money maker. Your bread and butter (especially during the early stages) is going to be the local competitions (I still rely on the locals as my bread and butter). Once you learn skills from competition management, this can help to supplement your income, if you post player made competitions wisely (there's some help in the help section about this as well).
Training other peoples horses can earn you some money. Be aware that new accounts can take up to 6 game years or longer to train a horse fully (99 or greater percent in all stats). Plus learning these skills take the longest. Most players looking for trainers are looking for horses to be done in 5 years and less, the closer to 3 years the better.
The other way to 'make money quick' is to do the quests and level up. Leveling will get you something like 20k and 50 or more pony tokens, as you increase levels, these amounts also rise.

I hope this helps you.
Good Luck!
Thank you so much!
I'm having a bit of a technical issue though. I tried out level 7 local shows with my colt, so I entered and payed. I lost money as usual. Then, my colt got second place in Log Pull but I got no money or XP! I tried again and again with level 2s and 1s, but they're not working!
I don't know if this is the game, my Wi-Fi, my computer ( which is a brand new Microsoft Surface Book so I don't think that's it ) or my browser ( google chrome )

I'm only losing money, not earning any! :( :shock: :o :oops: :evil: :cry: :? :?: :!: :|
Please, anybody, if you know how to fix this, reply ASAP! I want to play this game, but if this continues I'll have to quit!

Also, I read a post in the forums about how you can "lend" a newbie like me a trained/champion + horse so that we can earn some money in comps, then give the horse back. By any chance, could somebody do that with me? I'd be SUPER GLAD omg like no kidding I have 2k and am losing more and more of it by taking turns
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

GVanner Champ wrote: Thank you so much!
I'm having a bit of a technical issue though. I tried out level 7 local shows with my colt, so I entered and payed. I lost money as usual. Then, my colt got second place in Log Pull but I got no money or XP! I tried again and again with level 2s and 1s, but they're not working!
I don't know if this is the game, my Wi-Fi, my computer ( which is a brand new Microsoft Surface Book so I don't think that's it ) or my browser ( google chrome )

I'm only losing money, not earning any! :( :shock: :o :oops: :evil: :cry: :? :?: :!: :|
Please, anybody, if you know how to fix this, reply ASAP! I want to play this game, but if this continues I'll have to quit!

Also, I read a post in the forums about how you can "lend" a newbie like me a trained/champion + horse so that we can earn some money in comps, then give the horse back. By any chance, could somebody do that with me? I'd be SUPER GLAD omg like no kidding I have 2k and am losing more and more of it by taking turns
Sometimes google chrome doesn't get along with the game. Some people seem to have certain issues with it. Try switching over to firefox and see if you have the same problems. It does actually sound like the javascript isn't running properly. Also try clearing your cache. I have problems with the cache myself, it's the only game I've ever had any issues with cache interfering with gameplay on occasion.

When you run a local show, you should have a pop-up green banner on the right hand side telling you the experience and moneys you earned. If you don't get that, then the javascript may not be running.

Some of our longer-playing farms will lend, offer or 'give' for minimal prices, decent show stock. There may be somebody willing and able to do this. It will be up to them to make the decision.

Also, if you're feeding any of your stock extra food, you don't need to. Right now, a horse cannot die from being too thin, too fat or loose foals from weight problems. Right now you can actually play the game and not spend any money to do so, except on the choices for buying barns, pastures, tack or horses.

As long as the script is running, you should be earning money from local competitions, as long as your pulling... I think it's third place or better. If the script isn't running, then it won't take any money from the account.

So, try a different browser and see if the problems you're experiencing is happening on multiple browsers. Make sure those browsers are up-to-date and that you don't click the pop-up asking if you want to stop the site from opening conversation windows (firefox has a habit of asking this if a lot of pop-up, 'is this okay' windows open). Marking this as that you don't want any more, doesn't necessarily seem to make things not work here, but it's a possibility that it may hinder gameplay, specifically turning days.

Also make note of any error messages that may pop up. It could also be (I have this problem because I'm on satellite), that the satellite looses connection every couple seconds and it seems like I'm turning multiple days, when in fact it hasn't sent it to the server that I've asked for one yet. It's a little involved, but I understand what to look for and I know why it does it, so I deal with this not-connected, but connected thing. In this case, you'll notice that although it seems to change, if you refresh the page, nothing will have actually changed. This is not wi-fi, not computer, not browser, not the game, not the server, not the script, but actually the fact that satellite works differently than ground line.

Let us know!
SandPiper
Visit My Farm

Post by SandPiper »

I had a different problem for a while, I couldn't enter ANY competitions, but it turns out it was the browser and not the game.
sandyleigh79
Visit My Farm

Post by sandyleigh79 »

hi, I'm not sure if this will help, but I have 3 lovely 5 stats gypsy vanners stallions I can put up for stud, cheap, let me know if your interested http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/61170
GypsyHorse
Visit My Farm

Post by GypsyHorse »

sandyleigh79 wrote:hi, I'm not sure if this will help, but I have 3 lovely 5 stats gypsy vanners stallions I can put up for stud, cheap, let me know if your interested http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/61170
They're beautiful, especially Easy Boss! If you could, that'd be great!
sandyleigh79
Visit My Farm

Post by sandyleigh79 »

GVanner Champ wrote:
sandyleigh79 wrote:hi, I'm not sure if this will help, but I have 3 lovely 5 stats gypsy vanners stallions I can put up for stud, cheap, let me know if your interested http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/61170
hi easy boss is up :D
jodie1029
Visit My Farm

Post by jodie1029 »

I have a trained horse you can have but he’s not a gypsy vanner
GypsyHorse
Visit My Farm

Post by GypsyHorse »

sandyleigh79 wrote:
GVanner Champ wrote:
hi easy boss is up :D
Ok I just need to level up my skills :-) sorry I haven't been on for a while, my grade went on a school trip ( ten days long )
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:10 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:10 pm