The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Ignore

vallers
Visit My Farm

Re: Ping of Shame

Post by vallers »

ThePlatinumGarden wrote:
Nazarach wrote:
I'M SORRY?! when in the notice AND in the ad is written "for [player] only" what is that hard to undestand. and saying one of the most aproachable and lenient players is a bad member of the community is really laughable
This is dawnstar's side account in case you're wondering xD

Wowowow cool your horses please, I never said she was a bad member! I've known storm since the day she started you know, I'm just generally argumenting against this kind of shaming and am trying to encourage you guys to try and see it from the other side. If you're a newbie you don't know a thing about a game and have to learn how it works and also how community works, if you see the picture of a beautiful horse in the stud area and don't know there are no private studs yet you might not think about the possibility of a message on the horses name. I'm not talking for the people who do it on purpose but it can happen like this.. There's just a way to tell them that they're doing something wrong nicely. In my opinion you can't expect of a newbie to follow some moral rules only excisting in this game because they simply might not now.. C:

Newbies are the new generation, they're what keeps the game alive so they're precious to us :)
The point is that public private studs are still open for public use, and I agree with Tom.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

vallers wrote:.
I don't blame newbies, but people should be able to read a text - it is right next the the picture so how can someone overlook it? :/ And the community is the thing that is the best thing here, because we can openly say 'hey, look here, that wasn't ok' - that like living in a shared household; you trust other poeple enough not to use your things just because you didn't lock them in your private quaters...
So why is it offensive to just call out someone? (and people have denied being able to speak english when they obviously could - and these things were getting worse in the last weeks, so paying attention know is even more important to keep a sense of trust where you can offer a limited stud without having to fear someone just grabs it, or even buys it like we also have had at a few times)
Last edited by Nazarach on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dawnstar I
Visit My Farm

Post by Dawnstar I »

vallers wrote:
ThePlatinumGarden wrote:
This is dawnstar's side account in case you're wondering xD

Wowowow cool your horses please, I never said she was a bad member! I've known storm since the day she started you know, I'm just generally argumenting against this kind of shaming and am trying to encourage you guys to try and see it from the other side. If you're a newbie you don't know a thing about a game and have to learn how it works and also how community works, if you see the picture of a beautiful horse in the stud area and don't know there are no private studs yet you might not think about the possibility of a message on the horses name. I'm not talking for the people who do it on purpose but it can happen like this.. There's just a way to tell them that they're doing something wrong nicely. In my opinion you can't expect of a newbie to follow some moral rules only excisting in this game because they simply might not now.. C:

Newbies are the new generation, they're what keeps the game alive so they're precious to us :)
The point is that public private studs are still open for public use, and I agree with Tom.
exactly.
Dawnstar I
Visit My Farm

Post by Dawnstar I »

Nazarach wrote: I don't blame newbies, but people should be able to read a text - it is right next the the picture so how can someone overlook it? :/ And the community is the thing that is the best thing here, because we can openly say 'hey, look here, that wasn't ok' - that like living in a shared household; you trust other poeple enough not to use your things just because you didn't lock them in your private quaters...
So why is it ovensive to just call out someone? (and people have denied being able to speak english when they obviously could - and these things were getting worse in the last weeks, so paying attention know is even more important to keep a sense of trust where you can offer a limited stud without having to fear someone just grabs it, or even buys it like we also have at a few times)
Humans will be humans.. We make mistakes all the time don't we?
Of course you can tell them, just nicely not shaming.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

ThePlatinumGarden wrote:
yes, but then I should apologize or at least give a sign of feeling responsible
Dawnstar I
Visit My Farm

Post by Dawnstar I »

Nazarach wrote:
ThePlatinumGarden wrote:
yes, but then I should apologize or at least give a sign of feeling responsible
they did, twice even :o
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

ThePlatinumGarden wrote:
they did, twice even :o
Yes, She did - what is very recommendable, but a petty person could interpret her 'apologizing' as a way of playing dumb; like i said the big white post right next to the picture? really hard to overlook
Dawnstar I
Visit My Farm

Post by Dawnstar I »

Nazarach wrote: Yes, She did - what is very recommendable, but a petty person could interpret her 'apologizing' as a way of playing dumb; like i said the big white post right next to the picture? really hard to overlook
Yes a petty person might but that's not fair for the one being shamed if they didn't know, you shouldn't think that way of people :(
The easiest way would be to do it like me and take them down again right after breeding your mares, I only keep my studs up for seconds and no one ever bred to them illegally. C:
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

ThePlatinumGarden wrote: Yes a petty person might but that's not fair for the one being shamed if they didn't know, you shouldn't think that way of people :(
The easiest way would be to do it like me and take them down again right after breeding your mares, I only keep my studs up for seconds and no one ever bred to them illegally. C:
I can't really hellp it since it happens so often -.-
But yeah, that is a good method but then we all make mistakes, right? but do I have to be on guard every time when it shouldn't be this way?
Dawnstar I
Visit My Farm

Post by Dawnstar I »

Nazarach wrote: I can't really hellp it since it happens so often -.-
But yeah, that is a good method but then we all make mistakes, right? but do I have to be on guard every time when it shouldn't be this way?
yeah I know, I don't want this to happen to me which is why I do it my way, it would only end up in me getting bitter since I own lines extremely precious to me. We will get private studs some day so until then this would be a way around C:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:21 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:21 pm