The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

"Rescuing" horses

Shill Farm
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

"Rescuing" horses

Post by Shill Farm »

I feel very frustrated because I put up for sale an Arabian breeding project that I know longer have time for as well as some Mustangs. My hope was that they would be purchased by buyers interested in either the breed or even just the horses. I'm very bitter that over half over them were purchased by a "rescue" site and then rehomed. I understand it's always a risk but I would prefer that that individual not purchase my horses in the future.
rosie0922
Visit My Farm

Re: "Rescuing" horses

Post by rosie0922 »

I really think that if you want to "rescue" horses, you should let players contact you with unwanted horses rather than just buying them and rehoming them. I personally would find it devastating to have a breeding project that might have benefited other players to be treated that way.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: "Rescuing" horses

Post by BlackOak2 »

If you're seriously concerned by not having your horses 'rescued', then perhaps apply that to their ad or also to the owner's notes. That may make a difference.

I like having the market cleaned up a little from time to time, but I'm not fond of mass rehoming buyouts, simply because there are uses for a lot of the horses, just perhaps not at that moment.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:40 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:40 am