The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Is it not against the rules?

Tisha
Visit My Farm

Re: Is it not against the rules?

Post by Tisha »

panka33 wrote:Some people is holding private competitions.
I find it very strange, locking out others feels like a kind of cheating.
What do you reckon?

http://www.horseworldonline.net/competitions/view/65659
Seems similar to what Argent did except that Argent allowed others to join and Horze threatens to cancel if others join.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Tisha wrote:
What do you reckon?

Seems similar to what Argent did except that Argent allowed others to join and Horze threatens to cancel if others join.
Not remotely similar... I ran open shows, for all breeds and all ages, people just chose not to enter them because they didn't want to lose.
Amlnoname
Visit My Farm

Post by Amlnoname »

What do you reckon?

Yes comps are open to everyone. I just posted the title as that so i can enter my own to see current conformation checks on my vaytka line. I've done it before a year or so back. I do random races like this for my lines. You can enter as its not against the rules. And its not against the rules for hosting private comps as other breeders can still enter the race and technically isn't "private". I know of several other players before me that has done this too for conformation checks. Also I do have the right to to cancel any of my races for any reason as it is my race im hosting.

Thanks! :D
Renvers
Visit My Farm

Post by Renvers »

Amlnoname wrote: Yes comps are open to everyone. I just posted the title as that so i can enter my own to see current conformation checks on my vaytka line. I've done it before a year or so back. I do random races like this for my lines. You can enter as its not against the rules. And its not against the rules for hosting private comps as other breeders can still enter the race and technically isn't "private". I know of several other players before me that has done this too for conformation checks. Also I do have the right to to cancel any of my races for any reason as it is my race im hosting.

Thanks! :D
The name of that comp was "***Private*** Do not enter or will cancel race!" it's pretty difficult to claim it isn't private and you weren't trying to put off other players from entering by threatening to cancel the race, you explicitly state that in the name. It might not technically be against the rules but I personally don't like the spirit of it.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:13 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:13 pm