The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

I want to draw your horse!

Silverine
Visit My Farm

I want to draw your horse!

Post by Silverine »

I've been a bit depressed lately (nothing bad going on, just seasonal things and general stress) and need something to occupy my time that doesn't involve a screen. I love to draw but recently have had trouble coming up with my own ideas, so I decided to see if people would be interested in me drawing their horse(s).

I will draw real horses, game horses, other imaginary horses, but will only do domestic horses - no donkeys, mules, zebras, unicorns, pegasi, or mixtures/variations thereof. I'm just not interested in those, sorry. (Though if anyone wants me to draw a dragon I am totally on it. :lol:)

I can't promise I'll get to everyone - I'm doing these in my free time and I do have a very busy life. ;) Pictures will be first come, first serve, unless I have already drawn a horse for you in which case anyone that has not yet received a picture will take precedence.

There is some information I need from you in order to draw:

Horse Information
If a real horse, please provide a reference picture or two for markings/coloration.
If a game horse, simply provide the link to the horse.
If an imaginary horse, you can provide a reference picture or the following information:
-general description of color and markings (please be descriptive)
-breed approximation (so that I can look up body types to get an idea)
-mane/tail length

Picture Options
I can do head/neck only or full body, whichever you prefer. Head/neck only tends to be more detailed.
Pose preference: Mostly action vs standing - I'll do my best to match specifications for cantering/galloping/jumping/rearing/etc, but you'll get a better picture if I go more by feel than by trying to match something
Finish options include: pencil only, inked, full color
-Pencil is the quickest option, and leaves you with a sketchy, more motion-filled image
-Inked takes a slight bit longer and leaves you with a finished outline that is cleaner but portrays less motion than a sketch
-Full color takes the longest and includes an inked outline colored and shaded to look like your horse

And that's it. If you'd like a picture post here with information and I'll do my best to get to you. Color requests will be on hold for a bit (you can request color it just won't get finished right away) as I seem to have lost my good colored pencils and the ones I currently have are awful.

Examples of my work: (These images are kind of weird because I took the pictures with my phone. Any requested images will be scanned and thus will be better quality. The horse pictures were drawn and colored based on this game horse.)

Pencil Sketch

Inked

Colored
Image ^Colors on this image are much below my usual standards due to the subpar pencils I mentioned. These subpar pencils also do not include white and only a weird not-quite-black gray as the black. -_-
Last edited by Silverine on Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little_Cookie771
Visit My Farm

Re: I want to draw your horse!

Post by Little_Cookie771 »

Silverine wrote:.
Hey, so I was wondering if you are able to draw something I have drawn? Well, my dinosaurs are basically a huge Dilophosaurus ( a real one, the ones with no frills ) with four tails. Here are some examples of my hybrid.
https://imgur.com/a/4EgS7de

If you can't really do that, then here is an idea.
https://www.randomlists.com/random-anim ... mages=true

Make a hybrid out of the two animals it shows :)
[Insert an inspirational quote or funny comment]

I breed a ton of horses. The most common ones are Thoroughbreds, Arabians, Belgians, and Turkmen. I like to make cursed horses, so I might sell a few from time to time.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Little_Cookie771 wrote:
Hey, so I was wondering if you are able to draw something I have drawn? Well, my dinosaurs are basically a huge Dilophosaurus ( a real one, the ones with no frills ) with four tails. Here are some examples of my hybrid.
https://imgur.com/a/4EgS7de

If you can't really do that, then here is an idea.
https://www.randomlists.com/random-anim ... mages=true

Make a hybrid out of the two animals it shows :)
Oooh, very interesting. Kind of like Salazzle?
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

The inked + colored horse is cute but I admit, I love the soft color-scheme of the dragon family <3

would you be able (and interested) to do a Kelpie? I recently fell in love with a picture of one and it would be awesome if you could draw something similar - and the kelpie looks somewhat like a friesianXdragon hybrid ^^'
https://www.deviantart.com/lunarblues/a ... -357831975
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

AltNazarach wrote:
The inked + colored horse is cute but I admit, I love the soft color-scheme of the dragon family <3

would you be able (and interested) to do a Kelpie? I recently fell in love with a picture of one and it would be awesome if you could draw something similar - and the kelpie looks somewhat like a friesianXdragon hybrid ^^'
https://www.deviantart.com/lunarblues/a ... -357831975
That's the difference of my usual pencils (on the dragons) vs the not-so-nice pencils (some weird no-name brand on the horse). :lol: My usuals have softer cores which lets them get darker coverage and allows for smooth blending. The ones I used yesterday were harder which left lots of gaps in coverage (which was why the 'black' was actually gray and I had to resort to sharpie) and made blending almost impossible. Luckily I've ordered a new set of pencils and they should be at my place sometime tomorrow.

I might be willing to try a kelpie. Are you of the four-legged + tail preference, or the two-legs + tail persuasion?
Little_Cookie771
Visit My Farm

Silverine wrote:Oooh, very interesting. Kind of like Salazzle?
I did not know that there was a Pokemon that looked like my hybrid.
I was doodling when I was sick and I made a four tailed demon ( basically a raptor body with dragon wings and four tails ). I then made another hybrid ( a triceratops head, the kind of body of my current hybrid, then the four tails ) it kinda sparked my imagination and made the Dilophosaurus hybrid.

( if you want to )
I can't wait to see your version of my hybrid ( actually I don't know if someone else have thought of making a four tailed dinosaur)

I breed a ton of horses. The most common ones are Thoroughbreds, Arabians, Belgians, and Turkmen. I like to make cursed horses, so I might sell a few from time to time.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Little_Cookie771 wrote:
I was doodling when I was sick and I made a four tailed demon ( basically a raptor body with dragon wings and four tails ). I then made another hybrid ( a triceratops head, the kind of body of my current hybrid, then the four tails ) it kinda sparked my imagination and made the Dilophosaurus hybrid.

( if you want to )
I can't wait to see your version of my hybrid ( actually I don't know if someone else have thought of making a four tailed dinosaur)
It's not done, but here's a quick sketch. Anything you see that you want changed?

Little_Cookie771
Visit My Farm

Silverine wrote:
Little_Cookie771 wrote:
I was doodling when I was sick and I made a four-tailed demon ( basically a raptor body with dragon wings and four tails ). I then made another hybrid ( a triceratops head, the kind of body of my current hybrid, then the four tails ) it kinda sparked my imagination and made the Dilophosaurus hybrid.

( if you want to )
I can't wait to see your version of my hybrid ( actually I don't know if someone else has thought of making a four-tailed dinosaur)
It's not done, but here's a quick sketch. Anything you see that you want to be changed?

That looks really nice :D

Peanut's Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Peanut's Farm »

Silverine wrote:PING
Horse Information
If a real horse, please provide a reference picture or two for markings/coloration. I do not have a photo but it's a horse online that looks like the horse's mane I used to ride looks like this mane and tail Feathered feet are black.
Body color is http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1679933

if this does not work then dot worry about it!! :D :D
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Little_Cookie771 wrote: That looks really nice :D
My colored pencils finally arrived! Did you have a coloration in mind?

So just to verify, colored like that horse but the mane, tail, and feathers are black?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:13 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:13 am