The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

That Moment When...

Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Re: That Moment When...

Post by Royale Ranch »

vallers wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Likely from the same line though. Bita is definitely a heavyweight in the records and top horse categories.

Grinder line... well originally anyway. So breed wasn't important. When I started to locate outside breeds for that line in specific competition categories, there really was only two breeds that showed up most often... belgians and arabians, thus, much of my grinder line (now competition line), became belgian and arabian mixes.

hides my 6 stat belgians and my 7 stat arabians
Blackoak - very interesting... so different from each other, yet obviously very effective!
Re: the "breeds dont matter" ive heard that so many times when speaking of the competition records! it devised between "the best horses of a breed" and "the best horses for a competition" because generally, the two dont mix.. but yeah, thats rather stating the obvious!

...i'll wait until its dark to come looking then... ;)
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

Royale Ranch wrote:
vallers wrote:

Blackoak - very interesting... so different from each other, yet obviously very effective!
Re: the "breeds dont matter" ive heard that so many times when speaking of the competition records! it devised between "the best horses of a breed" and "the best horses for a competition" because generally, the two dont mix.. but yeah, thats rather stating the obvious!

...i'll wait until its dark to come looking then... ;)
if you find them mind posting the farm and pastures they are in ?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

vallers wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Likely from the same line though. Bita is definitely a heavyweight in the records and top horse categories.

Grinder line... well originally anyway. So breed wasn't important. When I started to locate outside breeds for that line in specific competition categories, there really was only two breeds that showed up most often... belgians and arabians, thus, much of my grinder line (now competition line), became belgian and arabian mixes.

That's right! :twisted:

Speaking of...
I'd like to get your opinion on these two horses, good and bad. I can't decide whether I like them, whether they're good, whether they've lived up to expectations or not.

I have so many mixed feelings on them, I can't decide to like them or not. So I need another opinion from that heavyweight competition category, i.e. YOU, vallers, if you're willing, that is. :D

They're full brothers.

Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

BlackOak2 wrote:
vallers wrote:

That's right! :twisted:

Speaking of...
I'd like to get your opinion on these two horses, good and bad. I can't decide whether I like them, whether they're good, whether they've lived up to expectations or not.

I have so many mixed feelings on them, I can't decide to like them or not. So I need another opinion from that heavyweight competition category, i.e. YOU, vallers, if you're willing, that is. :D

They're full brothers.

retry them in the events they have 90% or better in
colorwise i like the non silver one
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

vallers wrote:

retry them in the events they have 90% or better in
colorwise i like the non silver one
Thank you.
Will do.

But it sounds like you're much in the same boat as I am... not quite convinced any way on them.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

That moment when...

You break another record!
By beating your own horse at the same level record... :|
:?
:lol: 8-)

And yet you realize, your horses still aren't quite pulling in the times or scores of the other records on the other levels.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

BlackOak2 wrote:That moment when...

And yet you realize, your horses still aren't quite pulling in the times or scores of the other records on the other levels.

how about when you forget what you were working on and mess up lines by crossbreeding two seperate projects and end up with mutants?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

vallers wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:That moment when...

how about when you forget what you were working on and mess up lines by crossbreeding two seperate projects and end up with mutants?

LOL
Very guilty on that one too. :|
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

That moment when...
You have a set of parents that are well withing the height requirements of a new breed and the foals fit all the new breed standard...
except for height...
And that height is WAY too tall or WAY too short...
And you can't figure out where it's coming from because for quite a few generations the heights have been relatively acceptable...
And you breed again, and again, and again, and again...
And go through one or two or three subsequent generations before you finally produce the new breed.

Now THAT is the frustration of the new breed recipes!
Sometimes, it just wants to make you throw a fit every time the match-up fails... :x
Or cry... :cry:
Such is. :| :? :roll: Sigh.

Hah! :D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

That moment when..
You are gearing up for creating the next breed in your ultimate goal order of breeds (Andalusian).
And all but one of Sorraias you breed are colts.
All Carthusians are colts.
And all the crossbreeds you need for the recipe you create around the the aforementioned problem of colts are colts too.
Now, they are all good enough evaluations for Andy, but I seriously doubt I'll be getting an Andalusian any time soon.

Who is hogging all the fillies???
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:45 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:45 am