The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

That Moment When...

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: That Moment When...

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:That moment when... you run out of turns...

1. patiently go through and enter all suitable horses in relevant comp's while you're waiting for 1 more turn

10 minutes later, you finally earn a single turn, only to not earn another (thanks, grinder...)

2. Scroll through the forum in the hopes that someone has posted something new since you looked last time

Eventually, another turn arrives. Perhaps this time you earn one more turn, but that's it.

3. go through the market (and buy horses that you really don't need)
4. go through the top horses section, take another look at the forum.. and it goes on... and on....

When all you want to do is get another 4 turns so your foals will be born....

(and by now, i should have another turn...hopefully!
:lol: And the waiting continues... :D

I can't count the amount of times that I wanted Just One More Turn!!!!
Of course, that was before I upgraded.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Royale Ranch wrote:That moment when... you run out of turns...

1. patiently go through and enter all suitable horses in relevant comp's while you're waiting for 1 more turn

10 minutes later, you finally earn a single turn, only to not earn another (thanks, grinder...)

2. Scroll through the forum in the hopes that someone has posted something new since you looked last time

Eventually, another turn arrives. Perhaps this time you earn one more turn, but that's it.

3. go through the market (and buy horses that you really don't need)
4. go through the top horses section, take another look at the forum.. and it goes on... and on....

When all you want to do is get another 4 turns so your foals will be born....

(and by now, i should have another turn...hopefully!
:lol: And the waiting continues... :D

I can't count the amount of times that I wanted Just One More Turn!!!!
Of course, that was before I upgraded.
:lol: sometimes, even when upgraded, the inevitable occurs.!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:
Indeed.
I don't have the same problem anymore because of my breeding practices... that and I constantly get distracted... I find myself staring at the tv watching something, and have totally forgotten I'm doing something on the game! :roll:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Royale Ranch wrote:
Indeed.
I don't have the same problem anymore because of my breeding practices... that and I constantly get distracted... I find myself staring at the tv watching something, and have totally forgotten I'm doing something on the game! :roll:
:D It's the same when you're using your girnder and you really want days and you get PT instead.. or the other way arround could be worse.. getting days when you really, really need PT!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Indeed.
:D It's the same when you're using your girnder and you really want days and you get PT instead.. or the other way arround could be worse.. getting days when you really, really need PT!
Or using that grinder that should produce a lot of something... but inevitably gives you almost nothing. I had one of those types of grinders before, I sweat it's entire lifetime I think I earned less than 50 PT and maybe 1 earned day per 4 turns...

It does appear that PT and day earnings could be linked to bloodlines and not necessarily to HGP or usage, but who really knows?
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Royale Ranch wrote:
Or using that grinder that should produce a lot of something... but inevitably gives you almost nothing. I had one of those types of grinders before, I sweat it's entire lifetime I think I earned less than 50 PT and maybe 1 earned day per 4 turns...

It does appear that PT and day earnings could be linked to bloodlines and not necessarily to HGP or usage, but who really knows?
ohh yes! So frustrating!
and yes again... that fascinates me.

and is it only me, or is the current endurance competing stock standard pretty low? All my grinders for the past little while have performed really well (as in 100% win rate until they get to about level 5 or so)
(i enter grinders in to comp's for money, and this time, cant say its the bloodlines coz i have recently changed completely and it hasn't made any difference....)
Anyhow - kinda off topic :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

ohh yes! So frustrating!
and yes again... that fascinates me.

and is it only me, or is the current endurance competing stock standard pretty low? All my grinders for the past little while have performed really well (as in 100% win rate until they get to about level 5 or so)
(i enter grinders in to comp's for money, and this time, cant say its the bloodlines coz i have recently changed completely and it hasn't made any difference....)
Anyhow - kinda off topic :)
It is a bit off topic, but that's alright (my topic anyway! :D )
I haven't found any real difference. You can keep track of individual competitions by clicking on the link under level... let's see if I can explain it right...
Look at the competition results, it goes:
Discipline / Title.....Points.....Earnings......Starts......1sts......2nds......3rds......Win %......PPS [Level]
From left to right.
For each type of competition you enter, you have a level that your horse will be graded at. That level is a link, if you click on it, it will show you the points per start breakdown of that particular competition type.
As a general guide, the more points it takes to move from one level to another, the tougher the horses there are competing (the points guide updates quite regularly, but it says it uses the last couple months). The less points, the weaker the competition, thereby gaining level 10 very quickly.

So you could be correct that the competition is easier. If you watch the points, if the competition is weaker, those points per start should start dropping.

I go the opposite way, I test at level 10, so the lower levels I generally ignore. I start entering for the trial period in 'potential talents' but the horse is generally already leveled up to 4 or 5 at that point.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote:
It is a bit off topic, but that's alright (my topic anyway! :D )
I haven't found any real difference. You can keep track of individual competitions by clicking on the link under level... let's see if I can explain it right...
Look at the competition results, it goes:
Discipline / Title.....Points.....Earnings......Starts......1sts......2nds......3rds......Win %......PPS [Level]
From left to right.
For each type of competition you enter, you have a level that your horse will be graded at. That level is a link, if you click on it, it will show you the points per start breakdown of that particular competition type.
As a general guide, the more points it takes to move from one level to another, the tougher the horses there are competing (the points guide updates quite regularly, but it says it uses the last couple months). The less points, the weaker the competition, thereby gaining level 10 very quickly.

So you could be correct that the competition is easier. If you watch the points, if the competition is weaker, those points per start should start dropping.

I go the opposite way, I test at level 10, so the lower levels I generally ignore. I start entering for the trial period in 'potential talents' but the horse is generally already leveled up to 4 or 5 at that point.

Ok, thats very interesting!
I didn’t actually know that the points changed, but now I think about it, I have noticed a difference – guess just haven’t looked into it!
I guess a smart player would watch such figures and only compete when the time was right!
Interesting – for grinders, I like to start level 1 (as mentioned above, more for money than anything else. Although I did see your post on another forum about how you tell what comp. a horse is good at – (the 4 comps per level etc) really interesting read.. I have tested it out one one of my horses that I am thinking of eventually improving the lines and competing.. but didn’t know what area… so thanks for that!

Back on topic: another “That moment when” moment:
that moment when… all you have been doing is waiting for a bunch of foals to arrive.. but because you have so many horses that aren’t “getting enough feed for energy” you miss the notification, until you refresh the page and it says “your mare gave birth to a foal” 10 minutes ago
Great…
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:

Ok, thats very interesting!
I didn’t actually know that the points changed, but now I think about it, I have noticed a difference – guess just haven’t looked into it!
I guess a smart player would watch such figures and only compete when the time was right!
Interesting – for grinders, I like to start level 1 (as mentioned above, more for money than anything else. Although I did see your post on another forum about how you tell what comp. a horse is good at – (the 4 comps per level etc) really interesting read.. I have tested it out one one of my horses that I am thinking of eventually improving the lines and competing.. but didn’t know what area… so thanks for that!
Yup! Yup!
That's how I test. Others test differently. It gives me a hard competition score to go by, plus it also shows what type of competition heart the horse likely has. The problem I have is on waiting for the day, two days... sometimes up to four days before I get enough of a return to be able to make a decision. However, I'm not a competition stable, just breeding, so I don't need the scores in some immediate fashion.
Royale Ranch wrote:Back on topic: another “That moment when” moment:
that moment when… all you have been doing is waiting for a bunch of foals to arrive.. but because you have so many horses that aren’t “getting enough feed for energy” you miss the notification, until you refresh the page and it says “your mare gave birth to a foal” 10 minutes ago
Great…

*Laughing*
I've got one better!!!
Missing the notification (for the same feeding reason)... and getting the notification that the mare passed on, with the additional turn! :shock: :cry: :? :|
:roll:

Luckily, I got smart and haven't had that happen for quite some time. :lol:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote: *Laughing*
I've got one better!!!
Missing the notification (for the same feeding reason)... and getting the notification that the mare passed on, with the additional turn! :shock: :cry: :? :|
:roll:

Luckily, I got smart and haven't had that happen for quite some time. :lol:
ugh that is the worst!
Especially when the foal is a colt and you really, really wanted a filly - or vice versa!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:28 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:28 am