The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Breeding Question

MerrySmile
Visit My Farm

Breeding Question

Post by MerrySmile »

Sooo, I'm sure you've seen that I'm collecting every breed I possibly can. I would like to breed a few to sell to earn money to buy the rarer expensive breeds. So here's my question:

If I have a horse that is of a rare breed and use another horse to breed a foal, how many generations will it take to get another full bred horse?

For Example:

Spiti + Arabian = 1/2? foal
1/2? Foal + Spiti = ?
?

And so on.

How many times would I have to do that?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Breeding Question

Post by BlackOak2 »

MerrySmile wrote:Sooo, I'm sure you've seen that I'm collecting every breed I possibly can. I would like to breed a few to sell to earn money to buy the rarer expensive breeds. So here's my question:

If I have a horse that is of a rare breed and use another horse to breed a foal, how many generations will it take to get another full bred horse?

For Example:

Spiti + Arabian = 1/2? foal
1/2? Foal + Spiti = ?
?

And so on.

If breeding back to a full breed with each generation, it should take four generations. If not breeding back to a full generation, then it can take upwards of 7 generations or more.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
MerrySmile
Visit My Farm

Post by MerrySmile »

BlackOak2 wrote:
MerrySmile wrote:Sooo, I'm sure you've seen that I'm collecting every breed I possibly can. I would like to breed a few to sell to earn money to buy the rarer expensive breeds. So here's my question:

If breeding back to a full breed with each generation, it should take four generations. If not breeding back to a full generation, then it can take upwards of 7 generations or more.
Can you explain the difference of those two please?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

MerrySmile wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
With a mixed offspring, as long as you breed back to a fullblood, you will purify the next generation offspring. Take this purified offspring (still not pure-blooded) and breed back to a fullblood and the resulting offspring will still not by pureblood, but mixed. Then breed it back to another fullblood. It will take at least four times of breeding back to a pureblood to get a pureblood.

mix to pure = mix 1
mix 1 to pure = mix 2
mix 2 to pure = mix 3
mix 3 to pure = mix 4
mix 4 to pure = pureblood

Of course it's been awhile since I did it myself, either the mix 4 will be pureblood or it will take one additional breeding.

For a mixed blood with a non-pure (two mixed bloods), you'll need to breed it until your mixed bloods are somewhere greater then 95% to breed a pureblood. If you breed a mixed blood to a 99% or pureblood, you're looking somewhere greater then 89% mixed blood for their offspring to be a pureblood. I'm not sure how else to explain this one if you don't understand it any better. A horse with blood that's greater than 89% can throw purebloods with the right partner.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
MerrySmile
Visit My Farm

Post by MerrySmile »

BlackOak2 wrote:
MerrySmile wrote:
With a mixed offspring, as long as you breed back to a fullblood, you will purify the next generation offspring. Take this purified offspring (still not pure-blooded) and breed back to a fullblood and the resulting offspring will still not by pureblood, but mixed. Then breed it back to another fullblood. It will take at least four times of breeding back to a pureblood to get a pureblood.

mix to pure = mix 1
mix 1 to pure = mix 2
mix 2 to pure = mix 3
mix 3 to pure = mix 4
mix 4 to pure = pureblood

Of course it's been awhile since I did it myself, either the mix 4 will be pureblood or it will take one additional breeding.

For a mixed blood with a non-pure (two mixed bloods), you'll need to breed it until your mixed bloods are somewhere greater then 95% to breed a pureblood. If you breed a mixed blood to a 99% or pureblood, you're looking somewhere greater then 89% mixed blood for their offspring to be a pureblood. I'm not sure how else to explain this one if you don't understand it any better. A horse with blood that's greater than 89% can throw purebloods with the right partner.
Ok, now I get it. That makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to help me learn.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

MerrySmile wrote:
Ok, now I get it. That makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to help me learn.
:D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:14 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:14 pm